ForumsGamesWhat's Wrong With Nintendo?

66 11620
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It seems like everyone hates the Wii and all other Nintendo products.

I want to know why, in all its generality.

Persuade me.

• 66 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

they will include a more standard controller
[url=http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/07/16/nintendo-created-wii-u-pro-controller-to-secure-call-of-duty/

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

they will include a more standard controller

Which is necessary, yes, but baffling. It's just like the 3D slider on the 3DS, basically a feature that eliminates the whole innovative aspect of the console. Get that controller and you might as well be playing a PS3, except with way less great games available.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

nintendo-created-wii-u-pro-controller-to-secure-call-of-duty/

CoD is a shooter right?
shooters belong on the PC. not on consoles.

now the fanboys will say that i works great.
but what they don't know is that the modified the console versions so gameplay is slower, so that console players can keep up.

if a shooter is developed for the pc in mind. then console players have no chance. but there hasn't been a fast shooter made for the pc in 8 year now. it's a shame.
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

The Wii has been horrible, because it wasn't up to par with all the other consoles. However, the Wii has more sales than the Xbox or the PS3, so yeah.

blackwolf777
blackwolf777
7 posts
Nomad

For me i really hate nintendo i think that it is really for more along the line of little kids and ever time they get a game that was origanlly for a diffrent console they seem to mess it up and get ride of the fun parts like in CoD world at war they got ride of the Nazi zombies. Then the friend code the 16 digit random numder code to friend some one but they also have to remeber yours too. I understand that it was meant as a excrise console but there are a lot of flas.

sarawrrr
sarawrrr
38 posts
Nomad

Nothing is wrong with Nintendo, but they do focus on kids and family games sometimes.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

ever time they get a game that was origanlly for a diffrent console they seem to mess it up and get ride of the fun parts like in CoD world at war they got ride of the Nazi zombies.

So you hate them for something that isn't their fault?
Besch
Besch
37 posts
Scribe

Well, nothing's wrong with Nintendo. I guess, I never really was their "customer". The only consoles I ever had and have were the first to PlayStations from Sony. I never owned anything that even looked like a GameBox (I must have been a weird child^^).

Concerning the Wii-generation, I just do not like their targetting strategies. They created consoles made not for a "special" group of people but for the broad mainstream. Their family commercials prove that.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I don't care who you are, you cannot hate super smash bros: brawl.

As for the games being easy, I played TP for over 50 hours, and still didn't get 100%.

SMG 1 & 2 are quite frustrating, because there is a lot of skill involved, especially later on.

~~~Darth Caedus

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

I don't care who you are, you cannot hate super smash bros: brawl.

You can hate whatever you want, because that's just, like, your opinion man.

For me i really hate nintendo i think that it is really for more along the line of little kids and ever time they get a game that was origanlly for a diffrent console they seem to mess it up and get ride of the fun parts like in CoD world at war they got ride of the Nazi zombies

What you're complaining about is the lack of quality in third-party title ports to a system with less power and less mainstream functionality as the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, an issue sure to be fixed with the Wii U. However, this alone is no reason to hate Nintendo, a company with a rich history that hit a slight bump in its last console. Nintendo first-party games have generally been god-tier, and the Wii U is looking to be a fantastic transition into a period of high-quality well-roundedness for the creator of the NES.

but there are a lot of flas.

What are flas?

Nothing is wrong with Nintendo, but they do focus on kids and family games sometimes.

I wouldn't blame Nintendo for that, rather the companies wanting to get a jump on the in-place young demographic the Wii had such an iron grip on. Mind you, "Kids" and "Family" games don't always mean drivel. The kid-friendly "Viva Pinata" and movie tie-in "Toy Story 3" are excellent examples of breaking the youth quality barrier.

As for the games being easy, I played TP for over 50 hours, and still didn't get 100%.

What, did you run around in a circle on Epony screaming "HAH! HYEAAA!"?

-Chillz
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

and less mainstream functionality as the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, an issue sure to be fixed with the Wii U. However, this alone is no reason to hate Nintendo, a company with a rich history that hit a slight bump in its last console. Nintendo first-party games have generally been god-tier, and the Wii U is looking to be a fantastic transition into a period of high-quality well-roundedness for the creator of the NES.

Are you from a parallel universe?
Hintkin
Hintkin
21 posts
Nomad

It's costly.. More power to PC games! lol xD

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Are you from a parallel universe?

Someone obviously never had a NIntendo 64 (well, neither have I, but I am educated in its history)

-Chillz
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

The Wii U is a horribly misguided step for Nintendo and every bit of news I hear about it just spells further doom for my favorite game company.

deadman_
deadman_
5 posts
Nomad

IT IS AWESOME people just like the Xbox 360 or PS3 better cause of shooters well not all games have to be shooter just because the game is not a shooter does not mean it is bad at least Nintendo trys to be different than makeing everything a shooter or rated M

Showing 16-30 of 66