Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

OTHER Religions?

Posted Aug 1, '12 at 8:34am

FishermanJE

FishermanJE

41 posts

http://www.religioustolerance.org/var_rel.htm

Posted Aug 1, '12 at 12:17pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

797 posts

Right now I'm exploring the religious world for myself and I don't quite understand why most people on AG seem to be atheist or Christian.

I'd like to know this too. It might be because this is a largely U.S. site, or that as stated before, the other religions generally keep to themselves about it.

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 4:33pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,482 posts

I would like it if there would be more diversity in the religions here on AG.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Satanist finds this quite unnerving as well.

the other religions generally keep to themselves about it.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Satanist also does not understand why the non-Christian religious folk that lurk this site do not become more vocal. Ah well.

Oh, and anyone else remember that "Armor of God" clan? Bah! Trying to defile me and Highfire on a **** daily basis...

-Chillz

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 9:38pm

feeras1

feeras1

116 posts

My religion is an Arabic religion and no one can convert to it. It's called Druze, and it's a very unknown religion. Don't believe me look it up on Google.

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 10:02pm

314d1

314d1

3,962 posts

My religion is an Arabic religion and no one can convert to it. It's called Druze, and it's a very unknown religion. Don't believe me look it up on Google.

Isn't that basically a set of Islam? Kind of like how Mormonism is an offset of Christianity? Last I checked you can convert to it....

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 12:58pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,112 posts

Kind of like how Mormonism is an offset of Christianity?
A lot of people say Mormons are not Christians, including Protestant, Orthodox, and Catholics.

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 1:27pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

A lot of people say Mormons are not Christians, including Protestant, Orthodox, and Catholics.

People like to make themselves seem better by calling out others. If everyone else is wrong, well, the one remaining must be right, right?

Despite that Catholicism is the oldest form of Christianity, and when they like to claim that Christianity has been around for over 2000 years I can point at them and say no, just a little over 600 since Catholics aren't Christian.

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 1:44pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Despite that Catholicism is the oldest form of Christianity, and when they like to claim that Christianity has been around for over 2000 years I can point at them and say no, just a little over 600 since Catholics aren't Christian.

Wait, what? It's probably my fault, but I don't follow. Are you saying Catholics aren't Christian, or are you being sarcastic?

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 1:48pm

PanzerTank

PanzerTank

1,728 posts

That's great, but where are the debates/discussions over the other religions?

To put this quite simply and bluntly there is one main reason.

1. Not enough people give a **** about any of these other religions within the AG community. We have occasional one or two threads about Judaism, or Islams, but they die almost immediately.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 3:31pm

Enryuu

Enryuu

4 posts

Where do you come from? The US or the Middle East? I live in Israel so I know what are you talking about.

With all do respect to relgion, I'm Anti-theist, I don't like religion, In my point of view, religion keeps you in the dark, In Israel we got a neighbourhood in Jerusalem calld 100 Gates (literal translation), the people in there are crazy, they think that because they pray and study ALL DAY LONG!!! makes them holy and righteous. Basicly what I don't like about religion is the thing that you think you're a part of some religion it makes better then other people, and I don't mean anyone here at the site, I'm talking in a general way.

Reply to OTHER Religions?

You must be logged in to post a reply!