Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Community Novel Project (anyone's welcome!)

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 10:31pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,482 posts

http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s414/ChillzMaster/Tekko-Joust.png

Just a visual aid ^_^

-Chillz

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 10:43pm

acmed

acmed

3,561 posts

I like the picture too.

So far for the thread we'll have the map, this, and the first chapter. Just gotta wait for Moon or Onion.

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 10:54pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Who's Onion?
Ha, I kid. I think I've called Orion Onion once or twice myself.

This looks promising. I like it a lot, if that means anything. Oh, and on an unrelated note, where/how do you get your backgrounds, Chillz?

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 11:02pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,482 posts

This looks promising. I like it a lot, if that means anything. Oh, and on an unrelated note, where/how do you get your backgrounds, Chillz?

How do I get my... what???

-Chillz

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 11:06pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Your backgrounds. Remove the text and the characters and you have a background. It looks like you do them with the gradient tool.

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 11:28pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

4,390 posts

Cool, now just add six more pieces that length and we can have ourselves a first chapter.

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 11:51pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,482 posts

Your backgrounds. Remove the text and the characters and you have a background. It looks like you do them with the gradient tool.

eeyup. Gradiant tool. Just helps a picture pop.

Cool, now just add six more pieces that length and we can have ourselves a first chapter.

I was thinking that there's a 500-ish word opening for each main character and how they make their way to the main city.

-Chillz

Posted Aug 6, '12 at 1:29am

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,482 posts

I forgot to mention that the merc's gay.

Eeyup.

-Chillz

Posted Aug 6, '12 at 1:54am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,417 posts

I don't mean to completely ruin it, but.

Acmed, you wanted dragons and that isn't Dragons. Sure I could tie it into something, but it's not really floatin' my boat. Good for a intro for a character, but not first chapter.

I'll agree to the small-ish word opening for each main character and how they get to the castle, etc.

Also, peasant, warrior, and prince? Yes, way too cliche. We totes have to have a female present ^-^
I'm all for a warrior, but I don't think a prince belongs. Peasant is meh-ish. But I'd rather have some other lowly person than a plain peasant.

Backtracking to Chillz shizz, your opening doesn't have a medieval ring to it, except for the armor.

Anyways. If we only have a select amount of writers, please don't write about yourself. You're trying to write in a third-person type thing. So don't infuse your persona into a character completely. Sure, give them a few traits but not exactly like you, because you'll have to write for multiple people.

This is beginning to resemble all of the other AG stories, where you enter and you actually write for yourself. That's just how I see it with having so many writers. I'm also starting to see just how unorganized this really is... good thing this is the back stage, because if this was official it would have no hope of making an impact.

Posted Aug 6, '12 at 8:50am

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

797 posts

But I'd rather have some other lowly person than a plain peasant.

How about a Miner? This is the Iron Age supposedly, so there's bound to be one.

This is beginning to resemble all of the other AG stories, where you enter and you actually write for yourself. That's just how I see it with having so many writers. I'm also starting to see just how unorganized this really is... good thing this is the back stage, because if this was official it would have no hope of making an impact.

Good thing we kept to the shadows then.

So far for the thread we'll have the map, this, and the first chapter. Just gotta wait for Moon or Onion.

Just an idea but, why don't we have a copy of the map that contains the different things that have happened, a bit like a synopsis of the story up until now?

Reply to The Community Novel Project (anyone's welcome!)

You must be logged in to post a reply!