Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Community Novel Project (anyone's welcome!)

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 11:20am

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

No. Too static. I think it would be best to create a character with their own profession, rather than just using ranks to determine it.

Okay then. That actually does sound better.

How about a big city? I mean, great warriors are only great in comparison to lesser warriors and peasants. :p

Sounds good. The greatest warriors are somewhat richer, so they can live here? Right?

Maybe they moved into the castle from the big city.

Or the castle can BE the big city. Wealthier people reside from here, as well as King/Queen of the hold.

Can I join in on this endeavor? I'm horrible at pretty much everything, so wherever you put me I can do some damage.

Your choice. You choose.

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 4:47pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,357 posts

I just need a cemented setting and I'll put together a 1k opening for us to work with. I'll take care of our opening character.

-Chillz

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 5:15pm

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

I'll take care of our opening character.

How about we discuss that first, hmm?

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 7:22pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,216 posts

^ @ Oreo. If you were to write it, anyways, you'd have to have all of the other writers approval.

A setting....

We could be an extremely advanced medieval thingie, and we are moving to space! Like space being the AG3 frontier, ya know?

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 8:28pm

dair5

dair5

2,479 posts

We could be an extremely advanced medieval thingie, and we are moving to space! Like space being the AG3 frontier, ya know?

So you mean like advanced people and technology, but with a feudalism style government? And maybe the reason we're moving could be because of certain problems on earth (glitches in the forum).

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 9:48pm

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

So you mean like advanced people and technology, but with a feudalism style government? And maybe the reason we're moving could be because of certain problems on earth (glitches in the forum).

Seems like a very big, and, unrealistic jump from medieval to space. Space? How about everyone moves to a different country or island. The glitches in the forums can be dragon attacks, economic or governmental issues.

As for a main character, I'm thinking a low class pheasant in the village. Plot directors/Chillz, do you think we can work with that or do we need to further discuss it?

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 6:31am

EnterOrion

EnterOrion

3,615 posts

Like space being the AG3 frontier, ya know?

Space? Space is cool, I like space.

I'm thinking a low class pheasant in the village

A bird for our main character? That is strange, I must say.

So you mean like advanced people and technology, but with a feudalism style government?

That would be awesome, not going to lie. Space is never explored enough around here, and would be a refreshing break from the norm.

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 7:44am

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,216 posts

Well Acmed, this whole thing with fantasy is unrealistic, lol.

I vote further discussion, because I'd like to have a Game of Thrones approach to this, where in the beginning you start out with multiple characters in their own settings, and then it all comes together. That could then suffice for any main character, such as a low class peasant, to a soldier, to a prince. *shrug*

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 9:42am

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

A bird for our main character? That is strange, I must say.

Peasant!

Well Acmed, this whole thing with fantasy is unrealistic, lol.

I guess you're right. But we do need a clean movement from village to space. They're not going to have rocket ships in their low technology?

I vote further discussion, because I'd like to have a Game of Thrones approach to this, where in the beginning you start out with multiple characters in their own settings, and then it all comes together. That could then suffice for any main character, such as a low class peasant, to a soldier, to a prince. *shrug*

We could do that. They all relate to eachother some how. I think that's a great start to the beginning.

Let's drop the space thing for right now and focus mainly on the beginning. Do we have the setting down for the castle/village?

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 10:26am

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,357 posts

Let's drop the space thing for right now and focus mainly on the beginning. Do we have the setting down for the castle/village?

It's a Medieval city with a big 'ol castle right in the middle (think the Forbidden City). We'll call it... something. I'm thinking "Axehelm".

-Chillz

Reply to The Community Novel Project (anyone's welcome!)

You must be logged in to post a reply!