Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Community Novel Project (anyone's welcome!)

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 5:29pm

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

Well, I put the word "Support" into Google translate and it came out Firmamentum Which sounds close to a city name for me.

*facepalm*

I meant translate into a theme. There's no such thing as a Support and Suggestion town.

Well, You see how the AMW / Gaming is called the Forge? Or Courtyard, whatever. That's what I was getting at. Not like one castle with everyone here in it. That's like a million peeps, yo.

Oh, that makes sense. I like that.

Expanding on my city idea, Axehelm or whatever could be the warriors of AG, the WEPR kids. Greenrich could be the newb area (cool) And Tavolauris could be AMW, or something like that. Each name for each area. Or it could be one medium sized country with provinces, you knows.

I like them as cities in a province. Small enough for the castle to be in there. If there is a castle still....

Setting:
A. Countries
B. Cities
C. Castle

I prefer cities inside a province with the castle in the middle. :)

Main Character
A. Multiple MC's
B. Peasant
C. Warrior
D. Farmer
E. King/Queen

Multiple, and they all relate to eachother somehow.

Conflict
A. War
B. etc, all I know for conflict is war
C. OH WAIT IF WE GO WITH THE SPACE IDEA WE COULD USE AN INVASION THING
D. ****, that's war. u_u

B, where there's dragon attacks in the country of wherever and they plan on moving. There's been dragons, but it's gotten worse. I guess war against dragons.

And then after we tally up those votes, we get more detailed into the voting things, and present it to the writers who then get writing on stuff that will please the mass.

Sounds good. But just a few questions:

What's the country called?
Are we using the castle still?
If so, what's the name of the castle?
Is the castle just gonna be the main point in the province where the king/queen live?

Or Acmed and I could tell you to shut up and write until you get what pleases us.

*facehoof*

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 6:11pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,221 posts

We are currently in the chat, so if you want to take part in scheming, join us.

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 6:33pm

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

While Moon's posting some info, I've made a map.

http://i.imgur.com/zANeu.png

This is Firmamentum, the province where it will take place, with 3 major cities. The country itself isn't named yet. The dots represent smaller towns/cities/villages/farms/whatever. The castle in the middle is still unnamed, but is just a city within walls filled with the king or queen and the wealthiest people in the land.

MoonFairy will have more info on the beginning plot. What do you guys think?

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 7:00pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,221 posts

Okay well Acmed and I have come up with more ideas for setting, names, plot, etc.

We will be doing this by voting, so please, vote on which you like the best.

Here is an example of what it will look like:

Setting:
A. B
B. Bl
C. Bla
D. Blah
E. Other (Explain your idea in your comment)

And then your post should look like:

Setting
E. I would like to have a giant boat because I hate trains and this makes no sense but have a micro-potato.

_____

Get it?

Alright, well Acmed has that map right there, so that will in help visualizing a bit more.

Lettuce get started.

The country is Firmamentum, simply because it is now Firmamentum. The WEPR subforum will be the city of Axehelm, The AMW subforum will be Tavolauris, and the Tavern/Everything Else will be Greenrich. That much has been decided. It's the outlying Provinces that need names if we are to create a full map, and the Castle needs a name.

The list we have (Thank you, name generator) is

Names

A. Variantia
B. Arderne
C. Elyot
D. Obelyn
E.Gauwyn
F. Malloburne
G. Narwyn
H. Raulin
I. Other (Please Explain)

Please vote on your favorite name for the castle, and the runner ups shall be the outer provinces. :D

That is the only official vote we have right now, and our idea about conflict is .......

Dragons. Yep. Dragons. There are the good guys and the baddies, and the good dragons want their land back after a few incidents (Totes making this up as I go along) and this causes war. The baddies always disliked everyone, so they are like the rouges that just kill anything and everything, and the good dragons are killing us, and us only. We are killing them both, and the war goes on and on and blah blah blah. That's what we have right now, and any ideas are again, welcome.

Please vote on your favorite name, then help develop the plot. After this, we will dive further into the main character ideas, and then we can finally start writing! :D

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 8:01pm

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

601 posts

Anyone else getting the feeling that the main inspiration and influence on the plot is The Elder Scrolls?

I suggest we name the castle Paul. The castle is more than an object, it is a living, growing being.

Actually, I like G. Narwyn.

The country is Firmamentum, simply because it is now Firmamentum.

:D

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 10:01pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,357 posts

I'm a fan of A. Variantia.

And I would like to thank the language of Latin for having the most awesome names for the most simplest of things.

Concerning dragons; I like the basic idea, but I'd rather they be just something that exists a la FiM rather than a full-on Elder Scrolls plot-lift.

And as a VG Forum regular, I find it quite insulting that no love was given to my realm. However in the time it took me to write that last sentence I came up with a brilliant idea for how to handle the VG forum situation in a real-life accurate manner. It will be relevant in the future ^_^

Concerning Provinces; (references ahoy!)

Younglands
Meetenspeek
Forsaken Lands of Lost Conscious (How I hate this site)

-Chillz

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 10:24pm

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

The country is Firmamentum, simply because it is now Firmamentum.

The province is Firmamentum. I don't have the name for the country. Is that what we're voting for, or are those names for people?

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 10:43pm

LivingToDie

LivingToDie

272 posts

Not sure if there is still an open writer's spot, but, if there is one there, I'd take it.

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 10:47pm

ChillzMaster

ChillzMaster

1,357 posts

The province is Firmamentum. I don't have the name for the country. Is that what we're voting for, or are those names for people?

We're voting on the names of the cities within the sovereign state of Firmamentum (because we all need support in our lives ^_^)

I was presenting ideas for neighboring provinces/countries/states based off of other flash sites.

-Chillz

Posted Aug 4, '12 at 10:57pm

LivingToDie

LivingToDie

272 posts

And, on the subject of what names I like out of those.
I'd personally pick A. Variantia.

Reply to The Community Novel Project (anyone's welcome!)

You must be logged in to post a reply!