ForumsWEPR"french are coward who always surrender" -_-

63 20520
danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

well, firstly, im not french.

now, why the american public {and alot of other [non-french] western public start to belive that hte french are cowerds who always surrender?
for exmple, i just saw "that 70' show" {preety old, i know, but whatever i love it}. in one episode, red decline to sell there house to a french couple, because "they will give it to the first germans they will see".
and there is more in almost every other USA shows.

does no one remmember Napoleon? in the first world war, they won the war. there army was the one who fought in all the frontiers. in the second world war, the 'surrendered' after them and the british armies as lost.

so why peopels? why?

• 63 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Well the italians fought an army with spears and bows (in the 30's), and still suffered 63,555 casualties...

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

how many countries have lost a war with themselves?

since when is belgium franch?
untill about a 200 year ago it belonged to the dutch.

what is a french civil war doing in belgium?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

t come on, how many countries have lost a war with themselves?

.....All of them?
elfisparsley
elfisparsley
201 posts
Peasant

If it wasn't for France's help in the american revolution, america wouldn't have one, or if they did it would have taken a lot longer. Americans should be more grateful.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

If it wasn't for France's help in the american revolution, america wouldn't have one, or if they did it would have taken a lot longer. Americans should be more grateful.

If they could hold their own in a war, we (the US and the UK) wouldn't have had to storm the beaches at Normandy on the 6th of June in 1944 and there wouldn't have been 12,000+ allied casualties to save their *****.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

If they could hold their own in a war, we (the US and the UK) wouldn't have had to storm the beaches at Normandy on the 6th of June in 1944 and there wouldn't have been 12,000+ allied casualties to save their *****.

Well in the civil war France could help because they had time to focus their industry on more militaristic stuff. In ww2 France was attacked without a warning whilst America had time to create a more militaristic military because they weren't threatened by Nazi Germany. In both cases had the helping party time to prepare for war/support. So I don't think any country should be grateful.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

(the US and the UK) wouldn't have had to storm the beaches at Normandy

check your facts. d-day invasion was done by mainly by
U.S., England, France, Australia and Canada.

and the next countries also helped during the invasion
Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Greece, the Netherlands, New Zealand and Norway

soo it were 11 countries not just 2.
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

d-day invasion was done by mainly by

Belgium, Czechoslovakia,

the bolded top part: you know after France was invaded, the government collaborated with the Germans, you know, Vichy France that included their army.

and i'm pretty sure Belgium wasn't really involved, and Czechoslovakia surrendered before america even entered in Europe
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

the bolded top part: you know after France was invaded, the government collaborated with the Germans, you know, Vichy France that included their army.

Vichy france was to germany what Karzai government is to america
and i'm pretty sure Belgium wasn't really involved, and Czechoslovakia surrendered before america even entered in Europe

Belgium and netherlands was taken over but they had their resistance movements.
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

they still had troops who supported and fought with the germans

and resistance movements =/= nation

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

check your facts. d-day invasion was done by mainly by

and the next countries also helped during the invasion
Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Greece, the Netherlands, New Zealand and Norway

When I said that, it was mainly a troll, so I wasn't trying to be accurate, but for you, source please?
ShadowArchon
ShadowArchon
154 posts
Shepherd

Just wanted to add that they did make a very decent defense against the germans in WW2, except tje Germans just went round it.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

source please?

here you go =)

Which Allied nations took part in the fighting?

The majority of troops who landed on the D-Day beaches were from the United Kingdom, Canada and the US. However, troops from many other countries participated in D-Day and the Battle of Normandy, in all the different armed services: Australia, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, France, Greece, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Poland.

===

resistance movements =/= nation

i can only speak for my country the netherlands.
we had our queen and our military officials in the uk during the war. they were working closely whit the uk military back then.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Fair enough. But how many of those troops came from those other countries versus the over 100,000 troops that Canada, the US, and Great Britain provided?

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

how many of those troops came from those other countries versus the over 100,000 troops that Canada, the US, and Great Britain provided?

usa - 73.000
uk - 61.715
canada - 21.400
===============
total - 156.115

other nations - unknown because they were mostly part of the uk forces.
but during Operation Neptune it were 4988 man.

millions more men and women in the Allied countries were involved in the preparations for D-Day. They played thousands of different roles, both in the armed forces and as civilians.

same source.
Showing 31-45 of 63