Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Any Van Halen or Led Zepplin fanatics out there?

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 2:43am

idigit

idigit

259 posts

These are my top 2 favorite bands of all time. Favorite songs are Unchained and Eruption/You Really Got Me
by VH

Heartbreaker and Black Dog by LZ

I saw their recent concert in May or April.

I want to hear from YOU.

love 'em or hate 'em?

(by the way i am in middle school and I am ridiculed for liking classic/80's rock and hating pop music so who's in my boat with me?)

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 5:36am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,769 posts

Oh heck, I'm aboard with you!! I'll even paddle the thing on my own!! =D

I just love these two giants in Classic Rock music!! Van Halen is my alltime favorite and Led Zeppelin is right alongside (juuussst a tad behind to be honest) of them! =)

You should mock those haters for liking brainless junk (mind you, totally not all, but a lot, yes) they tend to call pop music these days... pop music used to be a vast podium for all sorts of music that was actually good and was nearing the king of music genres: ROCK!
Nothing can compete with the Classic Rock genre! True, some genres from which rock has emerged were undeniably great, but Classic Rock has evolved from that and been an inspiration to a vast range of other music genres!

And even though they were both giants of their time, I have to favour Van Halen a little more as they have a truly awesome sound! Too bad there has been so much fighting behind the scenes over the years... this band would have been the undisputed King of Rock hadn't they been fooling around for several periods... ;)

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 8:01pm

idigit

idigit

259 posts

So I was raised on Van Halen.  My dad exposed me to Van Halen as long as i could remember. lately though, i have loved Jimmy pages sound with his syncapated rhythm. they are exactly neck and neck for me.

Questions for you, MrDayCee.
Whats your favorite VH album? mine is 1984(best album cover ever!!)
Whats your favorite VH song? Unchained for me.
Whats your favorite LZ song? Heartbreaker for me.
Did you see their concert this year? I did
Did you like or hate this years album? 15% like, 85% hate for me. Tattoo and She's the Woman are pretty good.

Final Question.

Eruption vs. guitar solo in stairway to heaven. according to a top 100 guitar solo count, stairway won and Eruption got second.HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN???

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 2:49am

idigit

idigit

259 posts

Well i just spent the last 4 hours on my record turntable.  Listening to the ORIGINAL LCD RECORDS OF VAN HALEN AND AC/DC.  of course i was home alone and had the music CRANKED. i was mixing and scrathing and putting my own dj-ing style on things.

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 2:49am

idigit

idigit

259 posts

scratching*

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 2:51am

idigit

idigit

259 posts

I also listened to the ORIGINAL 1973 Lynyrd Skynyrd album. it was their first album titled "Lynyrd Skynyrd"

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 11:46am

KrissKhan

KrissKhan

257 posts

I'm not a fan of Van Halen even if he's one of the first guitar hero =)

But I'm a big fan of Led Zeppelin, I have all the CD's *_* Jimmy Page is so inspiring for me :)

I enjoy a lot Lynyrd Skynyrd too, but I don't know that much all their discography

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 4:01pm

idigit

idigit

259 posts

why dont you like VH?

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 6:11pm

FALLEN950

FALLEN950

166 posts

I'm a huge fan of both bands. Led Zeppelin is my all time favorite band, ever. And Van Halen would be my third. Pink Floyd being in the middle.

I am in the same boat as you idigit, I'm going to be a Junior in high-school this year and love Classic Rock, granted I like a lot of modern music but Classic Rock comes first.

My favorite songs by LZ: The Battle Of Evermore - Black Dog - The Rain Song - Kashmir

My favorite VH songs: Jump - Runnin' With The Devil - Panama - Why Can't This Be Love

Posted Aug 6, '12 at 8:55pm

idigit

idigit

259 posts

Your favorite songs are great, FALLEN950.

Reply to Any Van Halen or Led Zepplin fanatics out there?

You must be logged in to post a reply!