Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Any Van Halen or Led Zepplin fanatics out there?

Posted Aug 7, '12 at 4:05pm

ShadowArchon

ShadowArchon

154 posts

Me, I take music pretty slow in terms of finding new artists to listen to. At the moment, I'm loving Led Zeppelin, but I haven't got round to Van Halen yet. Aside from that Fave songs from Led Zep have gotta be

No Quarter, Kashmir, Immigrant Song, and Dazed And Confused

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 2:20pm

idigit

idigit

262 posts

funny thing, they used Kashmir in my sisters ballet recital that i was forced to go to.

that was the best part. i instantly recognized the song

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 9:15pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

12,176 posts

Sorry I forgot to check into your thread again idigit! Forgive me... =/

You had some questions for me? Allright then, here we go!! =)

# Whats your favorite VH album?
In terms of it's content: definitely "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge"!! That album was my breakthrough for becoming a true Van Halen fan! Every single song on that album is awesome!
In terms of album cover: I'd have to make that a tie between 1984 and Balance! Both are sublime and well made! =)

# Whats your favorite VH song?
Ooohhhwww... that's a difficult one there... I like a lot of VH songs, but if I had to choose one, just one... I'd have to saaaaaayyyyy... aaaahhhhhmmm... allright: Right Now! This song is SO AWESOME, I'd like to have it played on my funeral! Just to get people to stop and think about their life... There! =P

# Whats your favorite LZ song?
Again... tough choice! Ahm... I'd say that I like Immigrant Song the best! It's an explosive start and it's a space ride throughout! =D

# Did you see their concert this year?
Sadly... no... they only played in the U.S. And even though I'd really LOVE to see them live, I simply don't have the financial means to travel to the U.S. for a concert!

# Did you like or hate this years album?
Same goes for me on being torn about the new albums potential. It has a few good songs, but it's not convincingly fantastic, as one would expect from all the media hype around it! =/

And your final Question:

# Eruption vs. guitar solo in stairway to heaven. according to a top 100 guitar solo count, stairway won and Eruption got second.HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN???
Even though I didn't know about the list, I have to say that I honestly don't know! Eruption is (for me personally) THE best solo ever! They didn't give Eddie his due credit if you ask me...

There! Questions answered! Who's next in line? =D

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 10:27pm

idigit

idigit

262 posts

oh sorry i forgot you dont live in the u.s. when i asked you about seeing the concert.

Right Now! This song is SO AWESOME, I'd like to have it played on my funeral! Just to get people to stop and think about their life... There! =P

i'll try to make that happen. i would like that playing at my funeral too
(is it weird that i put a happy face when i was talking about my death/funeral)

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 11:44am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,618 posts

Knight

Bigger fan of LZ than Van Halen for some weird intrinsic reasoning...

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 11:13pm

idigit

idigit

262 posts

not weird at all.^

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 3:05am

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

440 posts

I was a huge fan of Led Zeppelin. Not so much Van Halen, but I listened to them occasionally as well.

But that was back when I was a classicrock***. Now I'm an indehhiphawppostrawksludgemetawlscream0mathrawk***.

As for "Eruption" vs. "Stairway To Heaven," definitely the latter. I guess "Eruption" was technically innovative to the mainstream audience at the time or sum ****, but I don't like it. It's like Eddie Van Halen played it just to show off his skillz0rz or something. Besides, when it comes to tapping, I prefer it being used for riffs and ****. (For example, Minus the Bear does this extensively.)

Posted Jan 7, '13 at 10:20pm

idigit

idigit

262 posts

GUESS WHAT I GOT FOR CHRISTMAS!

LED ZEPPELIN AND LED ZEPPELIN II ON VINYL.

My grandmother is amazing. I FLIPPED when i saw them. I already Converted them to MP3 so i can enjoy their crackly goodness anywhere.

Posted Jan 31, '14 at 11:22pm

Pieguyme

Pieguyme

1,032 posts

I'm not quite a fanatic, but I do enjoy their music. I guess I like Led Zeppelin more, but yeah, Van Halen's stuff is great. Good to see someone else out there knows good music when they hear it.

Posted Jan 31, '14 at 11:32pm

SportShark

SportShark

1,109 posts

I not a fanatic, but I do like quite a few of Led Zeppelin's tunes. On the other hand, I can't say I much of a thing for Van Halen.

Reply to Any Van Halen or Led Zepplin fanatics out there?

You must be logged in to post a reply!