ForumsPopular MediaAny Van Halen or Led Zepplin fanatics out there?

22 13112
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

These are my top 2 favorite bands of all time. Favorite songs are Unchained and Eruption/You Really Got Me
by VH

Heartbreaker and Black Dog by LZ

I saw their recent concert in May or April.

I want to hear from YOU.

love 'em or hate 'em?

(by the way i am in middle school and I am ridiculed for liking classic/80's rock and hating pop music so who's in my boat with me?)

• 22 Replies
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I was a huge fan of Led Zeppelin. Not so much Van Halen, but I listened to them occasionally as well.

But that was back when I was a classicrock***. Now I'm an indehhiphawppostrawksludgemetawlscream0mathrawk***.

As for "Eruption" vs. "Stairway To Heaven," definitely the latter. I guess "Eruption" was technically innovative to the mainstream audience at the time or sum ****, but I don't like it. It's like Eddie Van Halen played it just to show off his skillz0rz or something. Besides, when it comes to tapping, I prefer it being used for riffs and ****. (For example, Minus the Bear does this extensively.)

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

GUESS WHAT I GOT FOR CHRISTMAS!

LED ZEPPELIN AND LED ZEPPELIN II ON VINYL.

My grandmother is amazing. I FLIPPED when i saw them. I already Converted them to MP3 so i can enjoy their crackly goodness anywhere.

Pieguyme
Pieguyme
1,010 posts
Farmer

I'm not quite a fanatic, but I do enjoy their music. I guess I like Led Zeppelin more, but yeah, Van Halen's stuff is great. Good to see someone else out there knows good music when they hear it.

SportShark
SportShark
2,980 posts
Scribe

I not a fanatic, but I do like quite a few of Led Zeppelin's tunes. On the other hand, I can't say I much of a thing for Van Halen.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Never had much contact with Van Halen except the occasional "Jump" song in the radio.

However I love Led Zeppelin. Their music is so characteristic and yet varied. Some songs I had to listen to a few times to fully appreciate them, and some were great from the beginning. And of course, Stairway To Heaven is an immortal classic...

CherryCoke360
CherryCoke360
407 posts
Nomad

Led zeppelin is one of my favorite bands. Jack black says they are the best band ever

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

yep, i like led zepp and van helsing and im only 12, my music taste is so much better than my friend

Showing 16-22 of 22