Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Anyone know any good free/cheap game design/programing services or downloads?

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 4:27pm

daylin2

daylin2

19 posts

Im trying to make a basic arcade game with the same design and graphics as astroid and i need a good program to make it on but im kinda low on money so i need a free or cheap program in which to make it on

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 8:45pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Gamemaker Lite is free. It has the capabilities to make a game similar to Astroids. However, it won't make games in a format that AG will publish, I'm afriad.

Posted Aug 2, '12 at 9:48pm

daylin2

daylin2

19 posts

ok thanks lol im makeing my own website for my games so

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 1:10am

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

You could try webs. It isn't terrible, and it'll get you some basic stuff for websites. It's also pretty popular.

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 2:17am

BRAAINZz

BRAAINZz

601 posts

You could try Stencyl if you're trying to make games. The graphics are something that you may be able to deal with later.

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 1:03pm

daylin2

daylin2

19 posts

so yeah umm can you get me the info on webs and stencyl

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 2:36pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Your best bet is to visit the sites yourself. Webs is an online program, and I'm not sure about Stencyl.

Posted Aug 17, '12 at 9:37pm

Amarantamin

Amarantamin

57 posts

LOVE, which is a framework that uses LUA, is a great option for making games. It's a very powerful tool, though you will need to learn some programming to use it. There's also some spectacular YouTube tutorials by a user named 'Goature' on creating games in LOVE, it's step-by-step and easy to follow, but even those assume you have knowledge of LUA or at least knowledge of similar programming languages and the concepts involved. I know (a little) Java and C++, and was able to hop right into LOVE with very little knowledge of LUA.

Reply to Anyone know any good free/cheap game design/programing services or downloads?

You must be logged in to post a reply!