ForumsProgramming ForumAnyone know any good free/cheap game design/programing services or downloads?

7 5311
daylin2
daylin2
259 posts
Nomad

Im trying to make a basic arcade game with the same design and graphics as astroid and i need a good program to make it on but im kinda low on money so i need a free or cheap program in which to make it on

• 7 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Gamemaker Lite is free. It has the capabilities to make a game similar to Astroids. However, it won't make games in a format that AG will publish, I'm afriad.

daylin2
daylin2
259 posts
Nomad

ok thanks lol im makeing my own website for my games so

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

You could try webs. It isn't terrible, and it'll get you some basic stuff for websites. It's also pretty popular.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

You could try Stencyl if you're trying to make games. The graphics are something that you may be able to deal with later.

daylin2
daylin2
259 posts
Nomad

so yeah umm can you get me the info on webs and stencyl

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Your best bet is to visit the sites yourself. Webs is an online program, and I'm not sure about Stencyl.

Amarantamin
Amarantamin
58 posts
Jester

LOVE, which is a framework that uses LUA, is a great option for making games. It's a very powerful tool, though you will need to learn some programming to use it. There's also some spectacular YouTube tutorials by a user named 'Goature' on creating games in LOVE, it's step-by-step and easy to follow, but even those assume you have knowledge of LUA or at least knowledge of similar programming languages and the concepts involved. I know (a little) Java and C++, and was able to hop right into LOVE with very little knowledge of LUA.

Showing 1-7 of 7