Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Who do you think was the worst dictator ever?

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 2:41am

TheGenovesan

TheGenovesan

66 posts

People seem to think that the worst dictator was the one who killed the most. My opinion, Hitler was not the worst dictator. He started by seriously boosting the german economy, creating jobs, nad generally beggining by making a better germany. His people loved him to start with. He was hated as an evil dictator by alot of europe. A dictator loved by his people will probably not be the worst dictator ever. In some point, in or out of history, a lesser known dictator of a smaller country would probably be the worst. For a well known dictator of a large country, he has to be respected and trusted by many to come into rule. A lesser country would be easier to come into power of without having much respect from others around you.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 1:04pm

christopher122

christopher122

19 posts

Stalin and Hitler, Mao

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 4:37pm

argyle58

argyle58

4 posts

Mao, at least in terms of body count, wins hands down, with some estimates as high as 78 million killed either directly, or through mismanagement.

Stalin is next, body count in the 20-25 million range.

Hitler, (sorry, had to be said) and Leopold II of Belgium both come in around the 15 million range.

Add a string of Roman emperors into the mix, and a similar string of Chinese warlords, and lives lost to personalities in history is staggering.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 5:07pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

with some estimates as high as 78 million killed either directly, or through mismanagement.

highest ive seen was 50 million of which 70% was mismanagement. that he turned around immediately after it was discovered.

btw what does the death **** matter? i think the ideology and way of killing counts more hen just a number.

a ****load is a ****load, 15 mill or 30 mill. it's still a shiload.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 5:10pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,119 posts

btw what does the death rate matter?

of course

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 9:12pm

ironblade41

ironblade41

530 posts

Hitler, I guess. All I can say.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 11:44pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,231 posts

Knight

It is impossible to compare. We need psycho analysis, comparisons on a personal level, policies, foreign relations, people support, ceteris paribus. A Chinese person would typically be respectful of Mao for his anti colonial stance and his putting of China back on track after a century of downtrodden disintegration. A Western observer would decry his anti democratic stance. As we come from different cultural values, whereby Westerners view the state with suspicion, the Chinese view it with respect and deference because we feel the state's role as a unified is more important than any paternalistic problems.

Posted Oct 29, '12 at 9:40am

theawesomnator

theawesomnator

57 posts

Has 2 b hitler. He sucked & was the worst. lets hope something like that never happens again.

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 3:34am

Jblaze101

Jblaze101

531 posts

I think they alredy voted hitler like in the militarty channel if you watch that channel but yeah if anyone killed more ppl than him for thier own beliefs please reply now

Posted Nov 20, '12 at 10:05pm

tegan190

tegan190

805 posts

I think they alredy voted hitler like in the militarty channel if you watch that channel but yeah if anyone killed more ppl than him for thier own beliefs please reply now

I'm not positive but Joseph Stalin might have murdered more people, the reasons that I know are that he felt paranoid or something to that affect. Regardless of the amount of people, I believe that Hitler was a worse dictator. Watched a movie on the holocaust and I just don't understand how he could do that. Guess that's why he committed suicide.

Reply to Who do you think was the worst dictator ever?

You must be logged in to post a reply!