ForumsWEPRWho do you think was the worst dictator ever?

130 42255
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

sorry if this is double post, but hit submit before i wrote the original post.

Just like the title says, who do you think was the worst dictator ever and why.

• 130 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

lolwut. your version of the past five years is very different than everyone else's.

I'm pretty sure he was simply stating that Bush didn't resist leaving office after his second term was up, unlike most dictators that refuse to give up their power. He could've said, "Screw the 22nd amendment! I'm staying for life!"
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

dig a bit deeper then 70 year.

Ceasar wasnt a bad ruler for Rome
Alexander the Great was well great
Chinesee rulers i havent heard of a real bad one
Kangus Kon or however you spell it banged so many women you have a 10% chance of being related to him whats wrong with that
Hannibal of Carthage almost defeated the Romans but the Romans won and murdered all of the Carthigians. he is probaly the closet but he almost beat the Romans
Napleon was ruthless but brought great pride to france until he got his *** kicked in russia
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Ceasar wasnt a bad ruler for Rome
Alexander the Great was well great
Kangus Kon or however you spell it banged so many women you have a 10% chance of being related to him whats wrong with that
Hannibal of Carthage almost defeated the Romans but the Romans won and murdered all of the Carthigians. he is probaly the closet but he almost beat the Romans
Napleon was ruthless but brought great pride to france until he got his *** kicked in russia

Caesar got killed by his figurative son (et tu brute)
Alexander was a drunk who killed his best friend
The Dragon emperor?
Genghis Khan
Hannibal wasn't a dictator, he was just a general
Napoleon, got himself kicked out of office twice
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I'm pretty sure he was simply stating that Bush didn't resist leaving office after his second term was up, unlike most dictators that refuse to give up their power. He could've said, "Screw the 22nd amendment! I'm staying for life!"

congratulations, you hit the mark.

*cough* mao *cough*

Genghis Khan, it banged so many women you have a 10% chance of being related to him whats wrong with that

so the familie of hitler can say that hitler was not a bad man.
why not? because he's familie.

ic a falicy in that logic. do you?

=============================================
anyway those 7 people are not all dictators in history (if they are a dictator at all) there are thousands more. and most of them we don't even know and have no reason to know them.

sure back then they didn't kill millions and millions like the popular trio (hitler, stalin, mao). but back then there were allot less people and guns did not exist.
so yea the numbers are less but that doesn't make them better then the popular trio. numbers shouldn't count.

i myself stick whit pol pot, vlad and ivan.
and assad is coming close. assad has no reason except his own pride to fight for. this should not be a reason to kill all those people.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

assad is coming close. assad has no reason except his own pride to fight for. this should not be a reason to kill all those people.

whats the difference between assad and stalin. they both killed their own people because they didnt agree with them assad justdoesnt want to give up power yet when he is ready he will or we can just kill him with a drone like we do everyone else

so the familie of hitler can say that hitler was not a bad man.
why not? because he's familie.
ic a falicy in that logic. do you

Are we talking bout the same guy here and english please
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

How can you be that braindead? Chingis Khan was a better ruler than the US was until the 1900s. He was the first to allow religious freedom, abolished slavery, and many others. He ruled most of Asia, and united all of the tribes inside Mongolia into aunified nation. SO research before you make a half-assed reason that he was a bad ruler because he had alot of sex. He wasn't even a dictator.. You really should learn things.
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

And had no racism btw.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

or we can just kill him with a drone like we do everyone else

Yeah, just like all the other dictators you killed... oh wait... er, no.
Besides, it isn't your job, nor your juridiction, to kill the head of a foreign country. Even if it's Assad.

Be careful when going far back in history, because the original meaning of a dictator isn't the same as today. A dictator in ancient Rome was one guy who was selected to lead Rome through a particularly hard time, and give the power back when that time has passed. This was the case for many dictators. There was one Roman dictator who didn't give away his powers, but he died soon after. Only afterwards did the notion of a dictator get it's negative taste.
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

Yeah, just like all the other dictators you killed... oh wait... er, no.
Besides, it isn't your job, nor your juridiction, to kill the head of a foreign country. Even if it's Assad.

As long as we write NATO on the drone its fine because a NATO jet killed khadfi.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Be careful when going far back in history, because the original meaning of a dictator isn't the same as today. A dictator in ancient Rome was one guy who was selected to lead Rome through a particularly hard time, and give the power back when that time has passed. This was the case for many dictators. There was one Roman dictator who didn't give away his powers, but he died soon after. Only afterwards did the notion of a dictator get it's negative taste.

The same thing happened in Athens, there was quite a few dictators in Athens and they weren't all really evil, some where quite nice.

But, the main problem with dictators is that well know saying

power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I think Boray...or General Aladeen....wait not fiction Dictators? Ohh...I was going to run out of good movies sooner or later. Anyways...I think most of the Roman Senate leaders were terrible leaders. But seriously...any country/region/province that used to believe in Le Droit du Seigneur. I don't think "Droit" or "Le" be capitilized but Im not too much of an expert on French expressions.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Guys, I know "dictator" was a Roman term, but it holds connotations of an office that is not derived from heritage, I.e not a monarch. The term is different from "tyrant" and "absolute ruler", they overlap but "dictator" is more often then not a very modern political concept.

So to better facilitate the discussion, using examples from the distant past is really putting it at a stretch.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

The term is different from "tyrant" and "absolute ruler",
correction, what nichodemus said reminded me, the rulers of ancient greece were tyrants, not dictators, but they will still kind. (some of the time.)
Wifle24
Wifle24
35 posts
Nomad

Josef stalin, or possibly pol pot. and shiro ishii, the man behind unit 714 and the japanese "Testing camps", even though he was not a dictator or held too much power he was really evil

jamesbwilk
jamesbwilk
5 posts
Nomad

I dont think Hitler was the worst, ( not saying his is a good guy) because he took power during the crisis in Germany. Unemployment was low, food was low, morale was low, but Hitler came along and he turned it all around. If he didn't kill the Jews, and didn't start world war 2, he would of been an alright leader. Im not saying he his my idol or anything, I think Hitler was a despicable little man, but he was a good leader

Showing 46-60 of 130