ForumsWEPRWho do you think was the worst dictator ever?

130 42226
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

sorry if this is double post, but hit submit before i wrote the original post.

Just like the title says, who do you think was the worst dictator ever and why.

• 130 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

but he was a good leader

Unless of course you belonged to one of those unlucky groups of which there were many...Jews, Homosexuals, Gypsies, Communists.....but I do agree that Hitler's government, stress on government, had its salient points. Hitler himself was never the genius people put him to be. He had a very magnetic and charismatic persona, again note persona, but he was haphazard, vulgar, irrational, and lacked originality. He ruled via having a fixed but vague world view, which his subordinates would themselves attempt to formulate policies that they thought would fit into his views. Hitler hardly ever came up with the policies themselves; in fact wherever he meddled, disaster occurred.
danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

and lets not forget how germany looked after him. napoleon as well. you might say he was a great general and a great leader, but in the end he left a much weaker france. and add to her many enemies.

halogunner
halogunner
807 posts
Nomad

can a sachem be considered a dictator? if so king phillip started one of the bloodiest battles in american history

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

can a sachem be considered a dictator?

Not quite. A sachem is a chief, but in the advisor sense of term, not in our udnerstanding of it. He has no control over the tribe as far as I know.
Wifle24
Wifle24
35 posts
Nomad

Idi Amin was pretty evil, he ate people he dident like and had 5 wives ( none of them lived more than ten years after marrying him). he went in tanzania with a tiny amount of troops to just make tanzania mad then Tanzania came to Uganda and went to war and Uganda got their arse kicked. his death toll was between 22-40 million (none from war). once he tried to marry a asian women in Uganda and she said no so he killed everyone who looked asian in Uganda. AND the worst part is that Saudi Arabia still keeps him safe in Saudi Arabia

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Lol you're mixing up your facts a little. Amin was bad, but he didn't cause the deaths of that many people. He didn't have any love for the Asians, but for most of them, it was forced exile rather than the gun barrel. But yes, he ate people.

ComradeWolf
ComradeWolf
358 posts
Nomad

A candidate could be President Mobotu of Congo, a kleptocratic dictator who was installed by the CIA after the CIA assasinated the former president in 1955. His reign seeded the turmoil that has turned Congo in one of the largest, ongoing warzones on the planet.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

A candidate could be President Mobotu of Congo, a kleptocratic dictator who was installed by the CIA after the CIA assasinated the former president in 1955. His reign seeded the turmoil that has turned Congo in one of the largest, ongoing warzones on the planet.

nice finally someone who also knows about congo.
to prepair you. some people here think they did a good job in congo and left it behind just fine. that was their respond back to me.
so good luck. =)
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

okay, this thread bores me. I keep seeing the big 3 (hitler, stalin, mao) but where are all of the small time dictators? the ones who were just as insane, or sadistic, or paranoid as these 3?

I myself would say that a pretty bad dictator in his time was timur. nobody was crazier than that guy (he rose to power after the mongols collapsed in on themselves)

I'm also surprised people aren't mentioning dictators who were just plain insane. WHY HASN'T ANYBODY MENTIONED NERO YET?

-Blade

Wifle24
Wifle24
35 posts
Nomad

the 8th and a half president of USA was also crazy but not evil lol

ComradeWolf
ComradeWolf
358 posts
Nomad

WHY HASN'T ANYBODY MENTIONED NERO YET?

Because Nero isn't a dictator, he was a monarch, an emperor to be precise. Though he certainly was mad. If you want someone even more insane then him, try Caligula.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I'm also surprised people aren't mentioning dictators who were just plain insane. WHY HASN'T ANYBODY MENTIONED NERO YET?

We have already qualified that a dictatorship is a modern political concept.
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

Well, worst as in most evil? Or worst at doing there job? Because I think Hitler was an insane nut case bent on destroying anything and everything he saw fit. However, he was an amazing dictator. Not that I am defending him, but facts are facts and he was a good dictator (though I would not call that something to brag about). Bad dictator as in bad at there job... hm, I am not quite sure. Maybe a more stupid ruler. I can't think of one... OK I admit it. I did not pay attention in "best dictators of the world" class we had. So I am going to stick with what I have and assume you are meaning worst as in evil.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

got to agree dude.
but hitler wasent a good one. same as napoleon. they might look like conquerer, but when you look at it, they destroied there nation in just 10 years, making them much more weaker than befor. napoleon actualy made france losing allot of its colonies, losing almost its entire tresaury, killing an entire generation, destroying cities... same as hitler. all of germany was a hill of ashes and bones. he wasnt good,

a good dictator was franko. he kept spain himself for almost half a century. only when he died, an old man, spain got free. he rules with an iron fist, and quitly didnt had so much troubles {after he crushed teh ressistence in the civil war}. his enemies fought him in the battlefield, so he knew from the start 'who against who'. alot of his enemies just gave up after the ugly move of the communists and russia. not even everyone hate him, even in the western world.

and just to make it clear, if i lived in 1930, i would be one of the first to join the fifth brigade and fighting him.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Yahya khan and Musharraf were worse dictators for my nation

Showing 61-75 of 130