ForumsWEPRWho do you think was the worst dictator ever?

130 42154
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

sorry if this is double post, but hit submit before i wrote the original post.

Just like the title says, who do you think was the worst dictator ever and why.

• 130 Replies
argyle58
argyle58
4 posts
Peasant

Mao, at least in terms of body count, wins hands down, with some estimates as high as 78 million killed either directly, or through mismanagement.

Stalin is next, body count in the 20-25 million range.

Hitler, (sorry, had to be said) and Leopold II of Belgium both come in around the 15 million range.

Add a string of Roman emperors into the mix, and a similar string of Chinese warlords, and lives lost to personalities in history is staggering.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

with some estimates as high as 78 million killed either directly, or through mismanagement.

highest ive seen was 50 million of which 70% was mismanagement. that he turned around immediately after it was discovered.

btw what does the death **** matter? i think the ideology and way of killing counts more hen just a number.

a ****load is a ****load, 15 mill or 30 mill. it's still a shiload.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

btw what does the death rate matter?

of course
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Hitler, I guess. All I can say.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

It is impossible to compare. We need psycho analysis, comparisons on a personal level, policies, foreign relations, people support, ceteris paribus. A Chinese person would typically be respectful of Mao for his anti colonial stance and his putting of China back on track after a century of downtrodden disintegration. A Western observer would decry his anti democratic stance. As we come from different cultural values, whereby Westerners view the state with suspicion, the Chinese view it with respect and deference because we feel the state's role as a unified is more important than any paternalistic problems.

theawesomnator
theawesomnator
56 posts
Nomad

Has 2 b hitler. He sucked & was the worst. lets hope something like that never happens again.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I think they alredy voted hitler like in the militarty channel if you watch that channel but yeah if anyone killed more ppl than him for thier own beliefs please reply now

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

I think they alredy voted hitler like in the militarty channel if you watch that channel but yeah if anyone killed more ppl than him for thier own beliefs please reply now

I'm not positive but Joseph Stalin might have murdered more people, the reasons that I know are that he felt paranoid or something to that affect. Regardless of the amount of people, I believe that Hitler was a worse dictator. Watched a movie on the holocaust and I just don't understand how he could do that. Guess that's why he committed suicide.
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

I wont read all 99 posts, but did anybody mention the Aztecs? I don't remember if it was Moctezuma I or II, but one of them sacrificed EIGHTY THOUSAND people in just FOUR days!! that averages out to FOURTEEN A MINUTE. The fastest nazi extermination camp couldn't even reach that rate with modern technology! I feel that if you looked at the short 400ish years the Aztecs ruled with only 4-5 rulers, each dictators, that adds up to a lot of dead people. So are the Aztecs a possible contender for this?

Ancuta
Ancuta
146 posts
Bard

I think all of them
- You will always find people who are for and against dictators.
Some people think they are good others don't. But If i had to choose 1 I would say Vlad (Dracula)

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

I must say Hitler... He killed millions and millions of people... Sad... And it's ironic because I am German...
Also I think the north Korean dudes because no one can enter or leave the country :I

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

But If i had to choose 1 I would say Vlad (Dracula)

Except..he wasn't a dictator. He was a voivode
Nightfang21
Nightfang21
117 posts
Nomad

Hitler no question about it.

BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

Hitler no question about it.

really? millions of people are murdered in africa everday at the hands of evil dictators much worse than hitler ever was. they only reason people care so much about hitler is because he was killing white people who actually had homes and families. whereas in africa most of the people who are killed arent even accounted for
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

they only reason people care so much about hitler is because he was killing white people who actually had homes and families

He also killed black people...for being black

In Africa...many people are dying from wars and diseases. Hitler was trying to "cleanse" the world of evil...evil being anyone he didn't see fit to be a part of the &quoterfect race"
Showing 91-105 of 130