Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Who do you think was the worst dictator ever?

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 11:19am

Wifle24

Wifle24

35 posts

Josef stalin, or possibly pol pot. and shiro ishii, the man behind unit 714 and the japanese "Testing camps", even though he was not a dictator or held too much power he was really evil

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 12:51pm

jamesbwilk

jamesbwilk

5 posts

I dont think Hitler was the worst, ( not saying his is a good guy) because he took power during the crisis in Germany. Unemployment was low, food was low, morale was low, but Hitler came along and he turned it all around. If he didn't kill the Jews, and didn't start world war 2, he would of been an alright leader. Im not saying he his my idol or anything, I think Hitler was a despicable little man, but he was a good leader

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 1:10pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,299 posts

Knight

but he was a good leader

Unless of course you belonged to one of those unlucky groups of which there were many...Jews, Homosexuals, Gypsies, Communists.....but I do agree that Hitler's government, stress on government, had its salient points. Hitler himself was never the genius people put him to be. He had a very magnetic and charismatic persona, again note persona, but he was haphazard, vulgar, irrational, and lacked originality. He ruled via having a fixed but vague world view, which his subordinates would themselves attempt to formulate policies that they thought would fit into his views. Hitler hardly ever came up with the policies themselves; in fact wherever he meddled, disaster occurred.

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 2:45pm

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

and lets not forget how germany looked after him. napoleon as well. you might say he was a great general and a great leader, but in the end he left a much weaker france. and add to her many enemies.

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 5:03pm

halogunner

halogunner

834 posts

can a sachem be considered a dictator? if so king phillip started one of the bloodiest battles in american history

Posted Aug 12, '12 at 5:57pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,305 posts

Knight

can a sachem be considered a dictator?

Not quite. A sachem is a chief, but in the advisor sense of term, not in our udnerstanding of it. He has no control over the tribe as far as I know.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 12:16pm

Wifle24

Wifle24

35 posts

Idi Amin was pretty evil, he ate people he dident like and had 5 wives ( none of them lived more than ten years after marrying him). he went in tanzania with a tiny amount of troops to just make tanzania mad then Tanzania came to Uganda and went to war and Uganda got their arse kicked. his death toll was between 22-40 million (none from war). once he tried to marry a asian women in Uganda and she said no so he killed everyone who looked asian in Uganda. AND the worst part is that Saudi Arabia still keeps him safe in Saudi Arabia

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 12:34pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,299 posts

Knight

Lol you're mixing up your facts a little. Amin was bad, but he didn't cause the deaths of that many people. He didn't have any love for the Asians, but for most of them, it was forced exile rather than the gun barrel. But yes, he ate people.

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 8:20pm

ComradeWolf

ComradeWolf

367 posts

A candidate could be President Mobotu of Congo, a kleptocratic dictator who was installed by the CIA after the CIA assasinated the former president in 1955. His reign seeded the turmoil that has turned Congo in one of the largest, ongoing warzones on the planet.

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 8:56pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,130 posts

A candidate could be President Mobotu of Congo, a kleptocratic dictator who was installed by the CIA after the CIA assasinated the former president in 1955. His reign seeded the turmoil that has turned Congo in one of the largest, ongoing warzones on the planet.

nice finally someone who also knows about congo.
to prepair you. some people here think they did a good job in congo and left it behind just fine. that was their respond back to me.
so good luck. =)

Reply to Who do you think was the worst dictator ever?

You must be logged in to post a reply!