Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Who do you think was the worst dictator ever?

Posted Aug 29, '12 at 12:11am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

2,534 posts

okay, this thread bores me. I keep seeing the big 3 (hitler, stalin, mao) but where are all of the small time dictators? the ones who were just as insane, or sadistic, or paranoid as these 3?

I myself would say that a pretty bad dictator in his time was timur. nobody was crazier than that guy (he rose to power after the mongols collapsed in on themselves)

I'm also surprised people aren't mentioning dictators who were just plain insane. WHY HASN'T ANYBODY MENTIONED NERO YET?

-Blade

Posted Aug 29, '12 at 9:06am

Wifle24

Wifle24

35 posts

the 8th and a half president of USA was also crazy but not evil lol

Posted Aug 29, '12 at 10:59pm

ComradeWolf

ComradeWolf

367 posts

WHY HASN'T ANYBODY MENTIONED NERO YET?

Because Nero isn't a dictator, he was a monarch, an emperor to be precise. Though he certainly was mad. If you want someone even more insane then him, try Caligula.

Posted Aug 30, '12 at 1:08am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,242 posts

Knight

I'm also surprised people aren't mentioning dictators who were just plain insane. WHY HASN'T ANYBODY MENTIONED NERO YET?

We have already qualified that a dictatorship is a modern political concept.

Posted Sep 25, '12 at 11:05pm

ellock

ellock

379 posts

Well, worst as in most evil? Or worst at doing there job? Because I think Hitler was an insane nut case bent on destroying anything and everything he saw fit. However, he was an amazing dictator. Not that I am defending him, but facts are facts and he was a good dictator (though I would not call that something to brag about). Bad dictator as in bad at there job... hm, I am not quite sure. Maybe a more stupid ruler. I can't think of one... OK I admit it. I did not pay attention in "best dictators of the world" class we had. So I am going to stick with what I have and assume you are meaning worst as in evil.

Posted Sep 26, '12 at 4:56pm

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

got to agree dude.
but hitler wasent a good one. same as napoleon. they might look like conquerer, but when you look at it, they destroied there nation in just 10 years, making them much more weaker than befor. napoleon actualy made france losing allot of its colonies, losing almost its entire tresaury, killing an entire generation, destroying cities... same as hitler. all of germany was a hill of ashes and bones. he wasnt good,

a good dictator was franko. he kept spain himself for almost half a century. only when he died, an old man, spain got free. he rules with an iron fist, and quitly didnt had so much troubles {after he crushed teh ressistence in the civil war}. his enemies fought him in the battlefield, so he knew from the start 'who against who'. alot of his enemies just gave up after the ugly move of the communists and russia. not even everyone hate him, even in the western world.

and just to make it clear, if i lived in 1930, i would be one of the first to join the fifth brigade and fighting him.

Posted Sep 26, '12 at 5:51pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,863 posts

Yahya khan and Musharraf were worse dictators for my nation

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 12:56am

SSTG

SSTG

11,374 posts

Knight

Hitler of course, not only was he a racist, an anti gay, anti Jews, anti blacks, etc. He was also paranoid, impotent a raving lunatic and a coward. Still some maggots worship him, go figure.

Posted Sep 30, '12 at 10:00pm

Zoom2

Zoom2

10 posts

Mao, Stalin, and Hitler are all up there of course, due at least to the number of people that died under their reign directly (purges, war, etc.) or indirectly (starvation and disease).
After that 'dictator'is kind of a debatable term, much like 'tyrant' used to be.
Idi Amin was terrifying...but then again so were Reagan and Thatcher when you really got going on the subject of the USSR (as well as poor people).
Here's a useful link for thinking a little more outside the box:
[url=http://www.cracked.com/article_18850_7-modern-dictators-way-crazier-than-you-thought-possible.html]

Posted Oct 1, '12 at 9:15am

HighSkyOverlord

HighSkyOverlord

5 posts

Worst Dictator? Currently i think Fidel Castro currently a horrendous dictator. But, I can only think of two (not counting Fidel Castro) and that is Adolf Hitler and Saddam Heusein. those are two i can think of.

Reply to Who do you think was the worst dictator ever?

You must be logged in to post a reply!