Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

new armor games question-please read!

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 3:55pm

pizzaicecream653

pizzaicecream653

139 posts

i  know that when the new armor games comes out that my armor points will be reset but will anything else be reset like my armatar orthe stuff i put on  my profile or anything?  also will the ranks be the same?

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 4:00pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

Discussion about ranks. As for the other things, those will probably transfer over.

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 8:39pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Why is it that two million profiles can easily be transferred but the forum cannot? I don't know much about this kind of thing so I thought I'd ask in case there's someone who does!

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 9:22pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Well, as you may have heard, the will be building a completely new forum engine for AG3. I am guessing that they are using MySQL or some form of it, but basically, if that is the case, with a new forum engine the information will have to be read differently. That may mean having to restart with completely new forums, wiped clean.

The profiles, however, will pretty much be the same other than layout and a few added features (notice how neither friends nor AP convert over... Those systems will be different on a number of levels).

Of course, don't take this as complete truth... They may have scrapped some of the stuff from closed beta and I don't know how the mainframe of the site works. That's my best guess, though.

Posted Aug 3, '12 at 11:09pm

pizzaicecream653

pizzaicecream653

139 posts

ok thank you for the link to the discussion of ranks ghost i went through it thouroughly and gave some suggestions i think that the new armor games will be a great success

Reply to new armor games question-please read!

You must be logged in to post a reply!