ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

565 233206
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition.

As always, there are a few rules that needs to be followed for proper judging, viewing and general fairness.

Competition Rules
- All major parts of the entry must be original material, unless otherwise stated. Heavy references, sources and other visible influences should be credited as per normal forum courtesy.
- Submissions must follow the current theme to be judged, and must be drawn for that theme specifically. You cannot submit something you drew prior to the theme being announced
- Please do not post entries larger than 670 pixels in width. If your art is larger, post a thumbnail and link to the larger version.
- Artists cannot win in subsequent rounds, but are allowed to enter said rounds.
- Entries can be drawn in any medium available.

• 565 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Now for a more subjective detailing of this, so we don't get surprises.

I will be your judge for the next threeish months. Whether this will continue beyond that point is still a mystery.
If someone wants to guest judge, I am sure I can find a spot.
I won't be trying to get a merit reward for this for you. Consider it a challenge, rather than a contest. Neither will I be trying to get a mod to change the title, so keep an eye on the thread during judging times for the next theme.
Judgings will be Sundays. Deadlines will be midnight between Saturday and Sunday, AG time. If the art is not present by then, it will not be included.
Themes should be considered prompts or starting ideas for a drawing, unless, well, otherwise stated. There will be specific challenges, and these will be given a full description, instead of a one word prompt.

I will be considering the idea and the execution primarily, so while epic art skills will get you a long way, an even more epic idea will get you longer.
You can enter 3d art. I would recommend that you don't, however, since I have negative knowledge of the field and won't be a particularly fair judge to deal with.

--

Theme: Freestyle
Deadline: Saturday 11th

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Oh, this is happening again?

Cool.

ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

When you say Freestyle... do you mean draw anything you want or do we have to draw something that reflects "freestyle".

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

When you say Freestyle... do you mean draw anything you want or do we have to draw something that reflects "freestyle".

I mean "Let this be an inspiration to you, while you create". A prompt for your art, though I was considering make it a "free for all" as well.

So, in this case, I guess you can go for either, just this once. But otherwise, the theme will be the theme.

Oh, this is happening again?

Cool.

I sure hope it will be.
Gotta give back a bit before disappearing in student-land.
Dynamity
Dynamity
5 posts
Nomad

If I do manage to get around to it, I'll try put in something.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

this sounds like fun,count Killersup in

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

"Hey acmed!"

"Yeah acmed?"

"Let's scrap together pure **** and post it in Cen's art competition!"

"Sounds great!"

When I say scrapped together, I mean 10 minutes on paint scrapped together. Here.

http://i.imgur.com/aWBfY.jpg

I sharted some art.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Image fail = acmed. :P

I'll get to it when I get to it. I already have something started.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Don't really like it,but for now it has to do .....Killersup knows that it is sideways,sorry about that.secondly it is a button that is below his waist,just clearing that up.http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg551/killersup10/dude.png

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Killersup, considering you are using photobucket, couldn't you just use its editor to rotate the image and perhaps lighten it a bit?

"Let's scrap together pure **** and post it in Cen's art competition!"

Wouldn't have it any other way.

So this does not include any form of writing?

Nope, sorry, the writing part gets done in January and February.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Killersup, considering you are using photobucket, couldn't you just use its editor to rotate the image and perhaps lighten it a bit?

very sorry cenere,It was like two in teh morning and Killersup just wanted it to get posted before he lost the ambition.It will not happen again.The reason for low light is because Killersup could not turn his light on,it is broken.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Well, nothing's stopping you from editing it now. Photobucket is alright at it most of the time, and if you save it as the original, we just have to hard refresh the page here to get the updated version.
Just rotate 90 degrees clockwise, and then perhaps use the brightness/contrast settings to get the picture to stand out properly, and you are done.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg551/killersup10/dude.png

photobucket was being stupid and wouldn't let him adjust the brightness,sorry about that.However Killersup was still able to rotate the picture.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

wait,why didn't it stay rotated?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Because you saved it as the original. Hard refresh. It should be rotated on both pages now, at least it is to me.

Showing 1-15 of 565