ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

565 233220
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition.

As always, there are a few rules that needs to be followed for proper judging, viewing and general fairness.

Competition Rules
- All major parts of the entry must be original material, unless otherwise stated. Heavy references, sources and other visible influences should be credited as per normal forum courtesy.
- Submissions must follow the current theme to be judged, and must be drawn for that theme specifically. You cannot submit something you drew prior to the theme being announced
- Please do not post entries larger than 670 pixels in width. If your art is larger, post a thumbnail and link to the larger version.
- Artists cannot win in subsequent rounds, but are allowed to enter said rounds.
- Entries can be drawn in any medium available.

• 565 Replies
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Could you perhaps postpone other stuff, so you can get it done early tomorrow? I do want the opportunity to enter the next round while I still have access to my tools.

Well, seeing how Killersup has school tomorrow. Maybe if Killersup stayed up tonight to do it? Eh, maybe.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It would just be neat, but no rush. If I wanted judgings to go like clockwork, I would do them myself.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Well Cenere, you convinced Killersup to help you out. The judging is 70% done, expect it to be uploaded within the hour.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I thank you kindly, in that case, then I can do some sleep deprived drawing when I am done with my paper.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

In order to make up for the theme change, Killersup will get this done earlier than normal.

Winner: gaboloth. There was really only one complaint, and that is that it is extremely light. The image can still be made out; however it can be very difficult to be able to see the image as a whole. Perhaps going over the image a second time with a slightly harder press on the pencil? Just to make it a little easier to see. The little details in this forest monstrosity (compliment) really show how gruesome and demented the limbs are. The differences in arms really do well contrasting with each other. They allow the viewerâs eyes to travel from one piece of the image to another. The roots and bear claw attached to the living tree really add to the effect of âNature beastâ, they fit well into the image. The shrooms and various other vegetation make the image feel more than a simple two dimensional creature, but a three dimensional monstrosity. There was little to no confusion on anything about how the different pieces fit together (EX: The roots attacked to the back), putting icing on the cake. Overall; good job, you earned first place.

Runner up: kegaumongo. A three eyed human skull, nothing natural about that. The third eye was a great idea, but it doesnât look like it fits with the other eyes. Look at it this way, the first eye all the way on the right look like an oval and fits the skull face very well. However, the top eye almost looks like a whole different shape. The point was gotten, but the eye just does not fit the face very well. Now, small rant over the rest of the skull looks beautiful. The small surrounding of white around the skull really makes the viewerâs eye focus on one point. This works really well for this kind of picture. The shading was excellent; it expressed where the certain points of the skull caved in or out. The jaw fits perfectly in the face, something that a lot of people have a problem with. The image looks extremely life-like, well done. You did a great job with this, cannot wait to judge your next piece.

Bronze. Adding faces and expressions to the picture really livened it up. It made the picture its self-more interesting to look at. The change in settings refreshed the image, in the feeling that it gave the viewer something to look at even after they were done with the primary of the image. It also struck a chord that many people forget about. Smiling and laughing letters that have been personified. This feels like an image that a small child would think up, it digs up old heart-warming memories for any viewer. It didnât have a lot of detail in it though. If you were to take a step back and view the image, it would just appear as a bunch of letters. Overall though, you did a fine job.

Cenere. Letâs start with the bad first and work up to the good points. Killersup can understand how the background works, but he does not particularly like it. The back ground almost looked like a bunch of scribbles that you put in random directions; it did not make a lot of sense. Picking a single direction and sticking with it can easily make it look a lot better. The fingers are running together making it hard to make out them out individually. Perhaps erasing a few of the sketch lines, thus making everything looks cleaner and more precise. The arms seem to be at strange angles, not a major problem, but some of the forearms almost looked like they were at a curve. The colors contrasted well with each other, it made the characters look a lot better. The angel manâs wings do well by filling up some of the space that the setting would have taken up, leaving a hole in the image. The clothes fit the characters well; there are no spaces where it seems that they are just floating there. Nice job, Cen.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Opps, The theme is Nature.

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

... no christmasty themes?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

... no christmasty themes?

Yeah, really. I was pretty ready for a Christmas theme, considering it's probably the best holiday ever to happen to me. Besides, didn't we already have a theme related to nature, or something?
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Please don't change the theme, please don't change the theme, please don't change the theme...

Less Government, more Disney:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/img076.jpg

(as for the judging, can't we just sum it up with "don't post crappy art&quot

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

.. no christmasty themes?

Nope, to mainstream.

Yeah, really. I was pretty ready for a Christmas theme, considering it's probably the best holiday ever to happen to me. Besides, didn't we already have a theme related to nature, or something?

Nature is one of the one versatile things in the universe. There is to much to draw in just one picture, or even a hundred. So, nature will work.

Please don't change the theme, please don't change the theme, please don't change the theme...

No worries, the theme WILL NOT be changed.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Eh, I guess I can't blame you. I didn't do a Halloween theme, but I did do Paranoia and Horrific Ends themes. I guess nature can loosely be associated with Christmas.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Not my best, but whatever.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg606/Salvidian/spacetree_zpsfad07dbd.png

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Would you look at that, Killersup also forgot when it was due. What a rookie mistake, it is due on the final day of the year.

winmaster1
winmaster1
637 posts
Peasant

I have no idea what to draw, but I might be able to submit a drawing.

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

I have....None

Showing 361-375 of 565