ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

565 233187
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition.

As always, there are a few rules that needs to be followed for proper judging, viewing and general fairness.

Competition Rules
- All major parts of the entry must be original material, unless otherwise stated. Heavy references, sources and other visible influences should be credited as per normal forum courtesy.
- Submissions must follow the current theme to be judged, and must be drawn for that theme specifically. You cannot submit something you drew prior to the theme being announced
- Please do not post entries larger than 670 pixels in width. If your art is larger, post a thumbnail and link to the larger version.
- Artists cannot win in subsequent rounds, but are allowed to enter said rounds.
- Entries can be drawn in any medium available.

• 565 Replies
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/Natura1retocat_zpsc6285efa.jpg

Well, I did what I could. After a while, I got a bit lazy, so I decided to paint the background with just one colour. Besides, after scanning the drawing, the butterfly is much darker than the original and I don't know how to fix this. Could've been better...

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Hhhmmm.... I see so many green trees and plants... I don't know why I feel so sinister...

I feel like chopping 'em down...

(I wonder if deforestation would be accepted in the theme...)

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

I wonder if deforestation would be accepted in the theme...

Ehhh, well. Technically, it would deal with nature. So yes, it will be fine.

Just a few days left guys.
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Hhhmmm.... I see so many green trees and plants... I don't know why I feel so sinister...

Don't feel bad. I actually thought about drawing a destroyed forest with a single surviving flower, but I was somehow hit by the Christmas spirit and ended up drawing something happier.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I won't make this one. Going to New Orleans tomorrow.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Happy new years to everyone. Time is up. Judging will be done...later.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

There is zero percent chance of it getting done tonight. So you guys deserve a theme. Imprisonment, seems like a decent enough theme.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/imprisonment1.jpg

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I thought there were only 3 submissions. Judging should only take a half-hour tops. Have you been that busy? It seems a little extreme...

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg606/Salvidian/jail_zpse76f810b.png

Sorry guys... I just couldn't resist...

Anyway, I took the frame from my bed and held in front of me while I made that charming face. Brother took the picture, I cropped it, put some text around it, and ran it through a photocopier. Scanned it, and voila!

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

If you need someone else to judge, let us know.

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

If you need someone else to judge, let us know.

Killersup is halfway done with them right now. He is finishing later tonight. However, next week he will need someone else to judge.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Sorry for how late this is. Killersup has been extremely busy of late.

Winner: kegaumongo.
This was excellent. The butterfly really captures the peaceful morning effect of nature. The flowers and stems cleanly fit into the picture making it even more believable. Coloring on the butterfly itâs self is perfect. The orange gives off a warm summer feeling. The background could have been better if you would have just stuck to one color. It does not look very well expertise with it split in half the way that it is. Something about it really just hit that emotional chord of summer, warm and sunny.

Cenere: You said Disney, yet Killersup never remembers there being a Disney movie about a forest ghost. Oh well. The top half was good. The water colors mixed into a forestry green that fit well. This picture easily has the ability to paint a picture in the viewerâs mind about what is happening. Mother nature (?)spreading her wealth of nature to the burnt down forest. The brown on the bottom looked reallyâ¦bad. It just didnât mix with well with the rest of the picture. The trees in the background looked all most as if you hurried them. Were you in a rush?

MattEmAngel: 15minutes? This is great for only 15 minutes. The mechanic sword arm and the scarf give the picture a kind of rouge feel. The white glare from the eyes didnât seem to align quite right, almost as if he were looking in two different directions. The coloring was great up to the tail. At that point you crossed over the lines and created a kind of jagged feel to the tail. Thought he was a little cute, good job.

Salvidian: What is there to really judge? The trunk of the tree looks like it was spray painted on, while everything green in the picture looked like it had some kind of wall paper over it. The blue background looked alright, but the lines that divided the sky from the ground were a bit too heavy for the picture.

The theme is imprisonment, an d it is due next Saturday.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

You said Disney, yet Killersup never remembers there being a Disney movie about a forest ghost. Oh well.

I think I might just have lost my respect for you.
Fantasia 2000 has sequence in the end of the movie called Firebird, as it is based on the Firebird Suite by Stravinsky.
killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

I think I might just have lost my respect for you.
Fantasia 2000 has sequence in the end of the movie called Firebird, as it is based on the Firebird Suite by Stravinsky.

Killersup was barely seven months old when Fantasia was released. let alone Firebird. You had respect for Killersup before?
Showing 376-390 of 565