ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

565 233211
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition.

As always, there are a few rules that needs to be followed for proper judging, viewing and general fairness.

Competition Rules
- All major parts of the entry must be original material, unless otherwise stated. Heavy references, sources and other visible influences should be credited as per normal forum courtesy.
- Submissions must follow the current theme to be judged, and must be drawn for that theme specifically. You cannot submit something you drew prior to the theme being announced
- Please do not post entries larger than 670 pixels in width. If your art is larger, post a thumbnail and link to the larger version.
- Artists cannot win in subsequent rounds, but are allowed to enter said rounds.
- Entries can be drawn in any medium available.

• 565 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

How does one sign up to do the judging around here? My entry wasn't even counted! It was so sci-fi, it was an ACTUAL invisibility device, embedded in this very thread.

Regardless, I am interested in taking on the mantle for a little while, so next time it's needed I call dibs.

Also, relief. I can work with that, I hope. (Everything I tried to make before is now in the trash; couldn't make a good idea come to life @~@)

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

How does one sign up to do the judging around here?

You ask. Probably goes something like this:

Thoad: Hey Stroppy McHorseguy! Can I judge?
Strop: Sure! I need someone to judge and you asked first.
Thoad: It was really that easy?
Strop: Uhh, ya.
Thoad: OK then.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Thoad: Hey Stroppy McHorseguy! Can I judge?
Strop: Sure! I need someone to judge and you asked first.
Thoad: It was really that easy?
Strop: Uhh, ya.
Thoad: OK then.

Nooo, no way. It's more like this.

Thoad: "You strawples can I judge this biznasty?"
Strop: "Sure Thoadsy Woadsy so-much-cooler-than-Me-sy! I love you so much I have no possible choice than to say yes, and possibly kiss your feet."
Thoad: "You may, but I wouldn't like it."
Strop: "I will resist the temptation, but-"
Thoad: "But?"
Strop: "Kk u must nao jujj all da ASCs"
Thoad: "What, but I-"
Strop: "HUAHAHAEHAUHAUEHAHE NEEEIGH"
Thoad: "FATE WHY HATH THOU CONDEMNEST ME"
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

At the risk of starting something here that is not art-related, this is how it really would go:

Thoad: "HEY HEY I AM SO AWESOME AND LOUD LEMME JUDGE THIS SHIZZ"
Strop: "You seem like a liability. Can you make it every week without disappearing for five months due to teenage angst?"
Thoad: "FOOK U I HAET MY LIEF BAWWWWWWW"

Strop: well I guess that was better than telling him he has no aptitude for judging.

---

But in all seriousness, if you think you can commit to doing it reliably every week for a significant period of time (like more than a month), then you are more than welcome to give it a burl.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Sixteenth, eh? I have an idea in mind and should be able to get it done by then assuming college doesn't decide to start eating all of my time like the glutton I know it can be. If I don't have time for the pretty version (if I can even get it pretty) I'll submit, if nothing else, stick people sighing in relief due to making this deadline.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

At the risk of starting something here that is not art-related,

Ummm...have you seen me in Cen's art threads before? Usually we are talking about art and then go off totally.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Stroples, I am hurt.

When I leave for a considerable time it is usually because things aren't being interesting, it isn't because of teenage angst.

But, if you find that I do not have any aptitude for telling what is or isn't good, I suppose I'll leave you for the snobbery that is judging.

*sniff*

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Okay thoad, if this is reason enough for you to retain an interest in the forums so that you'll judge on a regular basis, then you can take over after this round finishes.

I actually haven't reached any conclusions on your aptitude to judge as I can't remember seeing you in action, so I hope you know I was joking. You know, seeing as I assumed you were joking with your post, especially what with that me saying you were like the coolest guy ever and let me kiss your feet.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

especially what with that me saying you were like the coolest guy ever and let me kiss your feet.

....oh! Yeah, that doesn't happen. Not at all >_>

But yeah, I have the thread bookmarked so I can guarantee that I will not disappear from the forums on a massive whim.
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

So, I didn't read the judging post until just now, and my idea had more to do with the sculpting technique than the emotion. Would that still fly, or should I try to incorporate the latter somehow?

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Thoad stinks. Strop for president.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Strop would turn the Amazon into an obstacle course. Frank for president.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Frank for president.

Agreed. Dwarfs are baws.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Strop would turn the Amazon into an obstacle course.

Exactly! Strop for president! He's not the pony we deserve, but the pony we need.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I feel that since Cholo is backing Strop and Sal is backing Frank that I should back Thoad. So go Thoad!

Problem with Strop: He runs off doing medical stuff or just figuring out how to come up with a tournament to destroy half of AG.

Problem with Frank: He says he is a dwarf but he is really a tree.

Showing 481-495 of 565