ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

565 233201
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition.

As always, there are a few rules that needs to be followed for proper judging, viewing and general fairness.

Competition Rules
- All major parts of the entry must be original material, unless otherwise stated. Heavy references, sources and other visible influences should be credited as per normal forum courtesy.
- Submissions must follow the current theme to be judged, and must be drawn for that theme specifically. You cannot submit something you drew prior to the theme being announced
- Please do not post entries larger than 670 pixels in width. If your art is larger, post a thumbnail and link to the larger version.
- Artists cannot win in subsequent rounds, but are allowed to enter said rounds.
- Entries can be drawn in any medium available.

• 565 Replies
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

just post some freaking art in here, it is turning into something you would see in the tavern...

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

just post some freaking art in here, it is turning into something you would see in the tavern...

With Strop as president, only art will be posted in this thread.
Fact.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

With Strop as president, only art will be posted in this thread.
Fact.

I was able to derail this thread and make it more talking than art. I can do it again. Don't doubt my power Cholokid.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I can...wait for it...post some art. So ha!

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/e6ad148d-396b-4c9e-bf2d-e12941d5bbe7.jpg

I'm not done with it. I need to blend out my strokes, and make my sky a darker blue. Then I won't have to edit it so much. It's funny how I always work harder on the rounds I can't win.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

and my idea had more to do with the sculpting technique than the emotion. Would that still fly, or should I try to incorporate the latter somehow?

If you did the former, you'd get some "alternative interpretation" award, but definitely not be elegible for a placing. However if you did the former with the latter, you'd be in the running.

lol omg it's cholo, where've you been?
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

lol omg it's cholo, where've you been?

Promoting your run for presidency. Who else is going to get the word out? 2016 is right around the block!
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I can...wait for it...post some art. So ha!

That looks super nice, Bronze. Even if it isn't entirely done yet and need some improvements and such, it really does look super cool, and the texture is pretty well done for both the sand and the water. It reminds me a bit of a filter-induced photo, actually, so there's that compliment for you. Especially the sword and the stark shadow under it.

Reminds me, I should get a new white pen sometime soon...
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

He says he is a dwarf but he is really a tree.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Wait, there's a due date coming up soon, isn't there?
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Your words mean a lot to me Cen, thanks. I'm hoping I can make the sky look good, but I'm afraid that I'm either lacking in skill or the proper pencils. Probably the former more than the latter.

Reminds me, I should get a new white pen sometime soon...

It's amazing how white can transform or ruin what you are working on.

@sal
hurry up and post a dayum submission.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

@sal
hurry up and post a dayum submission.

I would but I'm busy procrastinating.

Seriously though, I can't think of what to do. Hmmm...
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

http://24.media.tumblr.com/38fe0d6aa904c0086fb0255ba65a762f/tumblr_mi6o7nMCcs1rl3l9go1_1280.gif

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Hmm, I'm rather depressed now.

@sal
how about another shining diamond boy?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Relievo rilievo.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg606/Salvidian/relief_zps53e1d22c.png

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

There is no chance that I can finish this drawing before the due date, so I'm posting this sketch now.
I'm not really sure if this portrays the meaning of relief well enough, but it's the only idea that I had.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/Reliefreduit_zpsb44a2611.jpg

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

Bronze I know what your image needs!, a better defined horizon, perhaps darkening the edge a bit on the ocean and also doing ahttp://cdn2.planetminecraft.com/files/resource_media/screenshot/1242/Sky_3920445_lrg.jpg on the sky, see how the atmosphere deepens in blue as you go up and the clouds become sharper contrasted while towrds the bottom they tend to be blurred into the skys light blue.

Showing 496-510 of 565