Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 3:29am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition.

As always, there are a few rules that needs to be followed for proper judging, viewing and general fairness.

Competition Rules
- All major parts of the entry must be original material, unless otherwise stated. Heavy references, sources and other visible influences should be credited as per normal forum courtesy.
- Submissions must follow the current theme to be judged, and must be drawn for that theme specifically. You cannot submit something you drew prior to the theme being announced
- Please do not post entries larger than 670 pixels in width. If your art is larger, post a thumbnail and link to the larger version.
- Artists cannot win in subsequent rounds, but are allowed to enter said rounds.
- Entries can be drawn in any medium available.

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 3:30am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Now for a more subjective detailing of this, so we don't get surprises.

I will be your judge for the next threeish months. Whether this will continue beyond that point is still a mystery.
If someone wants to guest judge, I am sure I can find a spot.
I won't be trying to get a merit reward for this for you. Consider it a challenge, rather than a contest. Neither will I be trying to get a mod to change the title, so keep an eye on the thread during judging times for the next theme.
Judgings will be Sundays. Deadlines will be midnight between Saturday and Sunday, AG time. If the art is not present by then, it will not be included.
Themes should be considered prompts or starting ideas for a drawing, unless, well, otherwise stated. There will be specific challenges, and these will be given a full description, instead of a one word prompt.

I will be considering the idea and the execution primarily, so while epic art skills will get you a long way, an even more epic idea will get you longer.
You can enter 3d art. I would recommend that you don't, however, since I have negative knowledge of the field and won't be a particularly fair judge to deal with.

--

Theme: Freestyle
Deadline: Saturday 11th

Posted Aug 5, '12 at 11:57am

Cholokid

Cholokid

1,504 posts

Oh, this is happening again?

Cool.

Posted Aug 6, '12 at 2:49pm

ellock

ellock

273 posts

When you say Freestyle... do you mean draw anything you want or do we have to draw something that reflects "freestyle".

Posted Aug 6, '12 at 3:30pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

When you say Freestyle... do you mean draw anything you want or do we have to draw something that reflects "freestyle".

I mean "Let this be an inspiration to you, while you create". A prompt for your art, though I was considering make it a "free for all" as well.

So, in this case, I guess you can go for either, just this once. But otherwise, the theme will be the theme.

Oh, this is happening again?

Cool.

I sure hope it will be.
Gotta give back a bit before disappearing in student-land.

Posted Aug 6, '12 at 4:20pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

So this does not include any form of writing?

Hmm, I haven't drawn in months, so I'm certain I will be quite horrid. Failing is fun, though, so I'll try to commit.

Posted Aug 6, '12 at 8:34pm

Dynamity

Dynamity

5 posts

If I do manage to get around to it, I'll try put in something.

Posted Aug 6, '12 at 8:43pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,781 posts

this sounds like fun,count Killersup in :D

Posted Aug 6, '12 at 9:44pm

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

"Hey acmed!"

"Yeah acmed?"

"Let's scrap together pure **** and post it in Cen's art competition!"

"Sounds great!"

When I say scrapped together, I mean 10 minutes on paint scrapped together. Here.

http://i.imgur.com/aWBfY.jpg

I sharted some art.

Posted Aug 7, '12 at 12:49am

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

Image fail = acmed. :P

I'll get to it when I get to it. I already have something started.

Reply to Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

You must be logged in to post a reply!