ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

565 233294
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition.

As always, there are a few rules that needs to be followed for proper judging, viewing and general fairness.

Competition Rules
- All major parts of the entry must be original material, unless otherwise stated. Heavy references, sources and other visible influences should be credited as per normal forum courtesy.
- Submissions must follow the current theme to be judged, and must be drawn for that theme specifically. You cannot submit something you drew prior to the theme being announced
- Please do not post entries larger than 670 pixels in width. If your art is larger, post a thumbnail and link to the larger version.
- Artists cannot win in subsequent rounds, but are allowed to enter said rounds.
- Entries can be drawn in any medium available.

• 565 Replies
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Pixels. i am bad at them and I didn't have any pracicable ideas for a proper drawing with this theme.
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee446/gaboloth/IMGONE.png
It's the kind of stuff I'd usually keep to myself, I'm posting it out of pity for the low number of entries. :P

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant
ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Gaboloth's image

Its kinda too small bro, do you mind if i helped you resize it?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

All submissions are due tomorrow at 3:00 PM AG time.

Get 'em in.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Its kinda too small bro, do you mind if i helped you resize it?

Thanks but no reason to waste your time :P
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee446/gaboloth/bigger.png
Non-interpolated version, for a normally interpolated one you can use the direct link to the first one but it kind of kills the purpose of pixel art.
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I'm not sure what AG time is, but I'll have mine posted in a couple of hours.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/eye-1.jpg

I think I know why I decided to draw an eye. For the past couple of weeks my right eye muscles have twitched and spasmed almost non-stop. It's driving me crazy.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I wanted to wait a weekend so I could get my stuff together.

Judging for Paranoia theme

Winner: ChromeDeathRazor
The image was as invigorating as it reflected the theme. You went with an extremely cliche outlook with it, which ironically bent away from the vague images of your competition. We've all seen that movie scene where the protaganist is going nuts in his basement, writing freaky text all over the walls. Text was a humongous piece of your art, which was absolutely superb. Each little piece was interesting in itself, and was scary. The color theme was fantastic, with a black and white combination comprising most of the image, and the red contrasted out to give the viewer a great feel. The lighting focused the focal point onto the character in the middle, but wasn't heavily outweighted by the needed text. The sides were dark which provided a feeling of mystery, and gave away at a lack of comfort. Absolutely brilliant.

thepunisher93
I was a little confused at first, but after I looked at it some more it made me think of war, much like the Cold War and how everyone was paranoid with each other, because a nuclear war could have started in an instant. A very deep meaning, but the actual art that went into compisition wasn't flattering. The text was hard to read, the map was confusing, and everything was bunched together. It was really, really vague. I'm not even positive I got the message after thinking about it for days.

gaboloth
It was cute. I didn't feel like it was expressing paranoia so much as it was expressing darkness, secrets, shadows, or anything of the like. It was a piece that could have been interpreted as many different things. The pixels were neat, because it helped give it a graphical quality, and hinted that it was a video game character trapped in his own game, and was paranoid of the outside. Like thepunisher93's image, it was vague. It was also a little bland. I didn't really feel excited about looking at it. It was just a little image, no more shocking than the Pepsi emblem.

Bronze
This piece definitely grabbed 2nd place. It was mysterious, and vague, but it was meant to be. The eye was watching out into the shadows as he watched the faces laugh at him. Man, creep-y! It did well with the theme, and could have translated well into other themes as well. The hand threw me off a little. An eye on a hand? I couldn't really see how the hand fit into the image. Maybe it was extremely symbolic, as, say, a relation of eyesight as eyesight being pointless in the dark, so hands must be used to feel, as a subsitute for eyes. The focal point, the eye/hand, contrasted well with the background, and popped out at me. The eye blended nicely into the hand, and looked as though it were layered.

----------------------------------

The next theme will be Horrific Ends and will be due October 31st. The theme may be comprehended in any way you wish, whether it is scary or not. Time to not only get creative with the art, but what it means as well!

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Woohoo! I won!

Hhhmm... Horrific endings. This would give me the idea to kill my little girl on my previous one...

Punisher's Okay Face

Cheer up, buddy. At least the next theme is rather easy...

Anyways, who would be the next judge?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Anyways, who would be the next judge?

Me, unless something comes up. Or maybe I missed a memo, or something.

Pretty sure it's me.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b628/Anas_Ahmed/DSC_0058_zps8d57bfaf.jpg
I intentionally kept crowd people smaller, as they are keeping their distance to avoid bits and pieces of the poor guy.
The numbers on lower right corner is the year such things happened.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I might have to enter this... I just might (might) post a picture...

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

[quote]

[quote]

You might not... You WILLL....

*Aims revolver at your face*

ChromeDeathRazor
ChromeDeathRazor
437 posts
Farmer

Sorry, let me post again.

You might not enter this... You WILL

*Aims revolver at your face.*
light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

awesome, here (I hope, I suck with bbcodes) I think is my horrible end...

[IMG]http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/light_chaser1/2012-10-24130225.jpg[/IMG]

Showing 226-240 of 565