Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

Posted Dec 7, '12 at 9:31pm

DaemonVeril

DaemonVeril

222 posts

Also, (sorry for the DP) killersup you were a wonderful judge. I would say for improvement to work on precision of language, and really descriding the different elemants of the art and why you judged them the way you did.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 4:59am

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

First things first: You, as the judge, decide the theme. Because you are the one to judge it.

Before I get to the second, good with the judging done, then we might be able to move on with this contest, so thanks for that.
Second: You really do need to select your words a lot better. There are many lines in that judging that makes me cringe, because it sounds, if not rude, then at least very blunt. I am all for blunt, but only if the blunt has a reason to be there.
Fine examples, as paraphrased: "You sketch is too sketchy", "Your perspective works as it should, and I don't like it", "The way you make the shadows work are correct for the situation, but I am going to assume it's unintended and you shouldn't do that", "Better position that smoke better, I can't believe it's coming from the building on fire", so on, so forth.
And one example in particular, because that was just some kind of burn:

Also looking at a few professionally drawn hands will help you understand the concept.

Yes, surely he does not understand the concept of the hands, rather than then not being particularly important for the overall work of art.

And third, because there's nothing like correcting people about your characters and worlds:
The angel boy (?) and human were a nice touch; they helped show off just how ânewâ the robot was.

I don't get how it makes it look new, really, but anyway. The angel boy would be the human, Cen. Yes, that is Cen, yes, he has wings now, at least in this case, white clothing is the Government uniform. The - human, is a Sururrian (doesn't really matter) named Kai. These are pretty frequent guests in my art thread.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 12:10pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

I got a good laugh from the hands thing. haha

And lets just get a theme, so we can get this going. Daemon, I like your suggestion for fear, but before this round we've sorta been on a string of fear related themes. I want something colorful and happy!

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 1:25pm

DaemonVeril

DaemonVeril

222 posts

Daemon, I like your suggestion for fear, but before this round we've sorta been on a string of fear related themes. I want something colorful and happy!

Considering Bronze's request, and also the upcoming holiday season, how about the theme: Family

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 1:30pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

Considering Bronze's request, and also the upcoming holiday season, how about the theme: Family

Killersup can work on his wording. Anyhow, Family sounds like a decent starting theme. Thanks guys. Unless Sal comes back Killersup will judge this round too...

Round ends the eighteenth...of December.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 6:57pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

I am starting to dislike where the themes are going... They are bothersome to be creative with.
Anyway, the least depressing idea I got.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/brother.jpg

Watched while listening to old Pokemon songs.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 7:45pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

Alright, since you are the first to post since Killersup has decided upon the theme would you prefer something more exciting? Such as UN-natural?Pretty sure you can come up with something for this...

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 10:36pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,883 posts

I'd like to give this a shot. It sure would be nice for killersup to finalize the theme though. Is it family or un-natural. From all the forum stalking I did, it apears that its up to you.
I'm just making sure. I don't want to start something just for it to be the wrong theme.

Posted Dec 9, '12 at 10:51pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

It is in concrete now. UN-natural.

Killersup was so happy when he saw that his judging did okay that he kinda just agreed with the first theme that was said...

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 3:39am

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Killersup was so happy when he saw that his judging did okay that he kinda just agreed with the first theme that was said...

This is why you, the judge are the one to make the decision when you are done with the round. You can't just go "peps, what do you want to draw??" and let others do the dirty job, because the judging won't be as good, if you are not confident, and more important to my situation: You might change your mind even after the first entries for the first theme tick in.

So, yes, wonderful, I will go make a new entry . . .

Reply to Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

You must be logged in to post a reply!