Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

Posted Jan 5, '13 at 5:33pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

If you need someone else to judge, let us know.

Killersup is halfway done with them right now. He is finishing later tonight. However, next week he will need someone else to judge.

Posted Jan 5, '13 at 6:13pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

Sorry for how late this is. Killersup has been extremely busy of late.

Winner: kegaumongo.
This was excellent. The butterfly really captures the peaceful morning effect of nature. The flowers and stems cleanly fit into the picture making it even more believable. Coloring on the butterfly itâs self is perfect. The orange gives off a warm summer feeling. The background could have been better if you would have just stuck to one color. It does not look very well expertise with it split in half the way that it is. Something about it really just hit that emotional chord of summer, warm and sunny.

Cenere: You said Disney, yet Killersup never remembers there being a Disney movie about a forest ghost. Oh well. The top half was good. The water colors mixed into a forestry green that fit well. This picture easily has the ability to paint a picture in the viewerâs mind about what is happening. Mother nature (?)spreading her wealth of nature to the burnt down forest. The brown on the bottom looked reallyâ¦bad. It just didnât mix with well with the rest of the picture. The trees in the background looked all most as if you hurried them. Were you in a rush?

MattEmAngel: 15minutes? This is great for only 15 minutes. The mechanic sword arm and the scarf give the picture a kind of rouge feel. The white glare from the eyes didnât seem to align quite right, almost as if he were looking in two different directions. The coloring was great up to the tail. At that point you crossed over the lines and created a kind of jagged feel to the tail. Thought he was a little cute, good job.

Salvidian: What is there to really judge? The trunk of the tree looks like it was spray painted on, while everything green in the picture looked like it had some kind of wall paper over it. The blue background looked alright, but the lines that divided the sky from the ground were a bit too heavy for the picture.

The theme is imprisonment, an d it is due next Saturday.

Posted Jan 6, '13 at 5:37am

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

You said Disney, yet Killersup never remembers there being a Disney movie about a forest ghost. Oh well.

I think I might just have lost my respect for you.
Fantasia 2000 has sequence in the end of the movie called Firebird, as it is based on the Firebird Suite by Stravinsky.

Posted Jan 6, '13 at 2:29pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

I think I might just have lost my respect for you.
Fantasia 2000 has sequence in the end of the movie called Firebird, as it is based on the Firebird Suite by Stravinsky.

Killersup was barely seven months old when Fantasia was released. let alone Firebird. You had respect for Killersup before?

Posted Jan 6, '13 at 4:11pm

Cenere

Cenere

14,002 posts

Knight

Killersup was barely seven months old when Fantasia was released. let alone Firebird.

I just can't have proper respect for people, that have grown up in the information age, and apparently does not know how to google or use youtube, and then shrugging it off as if I am the problem.
I am very sorry, but I can't.

You had respect for Killersup before?

I respect everyone I know, it's a principle of mine. Do onto others, and all that jazz.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 12:45am

rrrdddyyywww

rrrdddyyywww

15 posts

Sorry im new to all this.. how do you get your image up?

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 6:44pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

You need to join a photo hosting site like photobucket. Then you need to upload whatever picture you want, onto that site. After that, click on the image and copy the direct link. Once you have the direct link copied, come on here and click the image button above text box. Paste the direct link. That should do it, and I hope that helps.

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 12:52pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,863 posts

I didn't have much time this week, so don't expect an excellent drawing (lol).

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/Imprisonment_zpsa3482a7e.jpg

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 10:14pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

Nobody else has volunteered as judge. This weeks contest is over. Unless somdbody steps up Killersup will do it again. Should be able to get it done alot faster though...

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 10:23am

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,881 posts

Maybe ill actually submit something this time... depends on what topic you pic I guess.

Reply to Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

You must be logged in to post a reply!