Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 6:18pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,527 posts

Knight

If you are going to be alternative and use a programme where you are not actually creating the majority of what is on the picture (that is, using a custom brush you downloaded to draw stuff, or use rage faces or something), you really need something extraordinary and awesome to not get shrugged at an ignored from my side.

I guess it does matter what the judge sees as extraordinary. I remain unimpressed from seeing most art despite the fact that 99% of the time it's better than anything I could ever create, but a RCT2 creation, if it's better than anything I've ever made, never fails to impress me.

Nonetheless, RCT2 art probably does not fit in this contest anyway because most people who aren't avid players of the game could care less about the in-game creations of others. Which is why it needs a contest of its own, except I'd probably be the only participant, and that wouldn't work too well seeing as I'd also be the judge.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 7:04pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,858 posts

Does this qualify?
http://images.photovisi.com/8eecf112-8ada-46f5-8eab-381515340ab9wallpaper.jpg

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 8:46pm

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

276 posts

@thepunisher93

No offense... but your submission is basically 9 images slapped together and anyone could do it...

What i suggest is you could cut those pictures up using the cut tool and make an artwork of it.

Posted Sep 15, '12 at 11:00pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

That's not mentioning that I don't think any of those images belong to you and you failed to cit any sources for the material.

Posted Sep 16, '12 at 3:40am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

@Ernie: Wouldn't mind seeing some of those screenshots. Even if I don't play the game, I might be impressed anyway.

@Punisher: No, it doesn't. Did you possibly not read the OP?
More impressive is the use of obvious stock photos from sites that would like you to pay for use (that watermark thar).

Posted Sep 16, '12 at 6:47am

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,834 posts

@Cenere: thanks. That was the intention: draw something that could fit in with a children's book.

@daleks: I was joking. Of course, the drawing isn't out of theme. It is the first original drawing I've made in years and I'm pretty happy with the result, but I agree with what you say. I wanted to paint it in watercolours, but... busy life, limited free time. As for the background, let's just say I'm not good with backgrounds or maybe I'm just lazy. I prefer drawing floating figures to adding a background that it's likely to ruin the whole thing.

I have to say that I love this week's theme. The last time I made a collage I was probably 10 years old. I didn't remember how fun (and dirty) this is. So here's my second entry: the AG logo made with different armatars. It looked better in my head, though.

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q550/kegaumongo/CpiadeCollage1reduit.jpg

Posted Sep 16, '12 at 9:42am

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

Okay, that's just impressive, bravo sir.

Posted Sep 16, '12 at 3:13pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,834 posts

Well, thanks. However, I am not quite convinced of it. I think it could've been better.

P.S.: can you call "sir" to a female? Just asking. My knowledge of English is limited.

Posted Sep 16, '12 at 3:48pm

Kyouzou

Kyouzou

4,753 posts

Oh whoops my mistake.

*Bravo, madam.

There we go fixed, I just assumed you were a male for some reason.

As for the collage, I could be wrong, but it looks like you actually cut/pasted each armatar into the picture. The worst that I can see is that it look slightly crooked at points, but as far as I'm concerned that just adds a feel of texture.

Posted Sep 16, '12 at 7:52pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,527 posts

Knight

Wouldn't mind seeing some of those screenshots. Even if I don't play the game, I might be impressed anyway.

As soon as I figure out where they're saved, I'll release them to the public eye.

Reply to Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

You must be logged in to post a reply!