Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 7:30am

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

So, yes, wonderful, I will go make a new entry . . .

You sound so excited Cen, calm yourself.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 8:06am

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,372 posts

Cenny my dear, everyone loves and needs your criticism, but you really are starting to sound disappointed and annoyed by how much these weird people ruined your creation, which is a little inappropriate considering it would have been dead and buried without them. Of course you are all free to ignore my voice since I stopped being a contribution to the contest months ago.

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 8:58am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

You sound so excited Cen, calm yourself.

Well, it was some three hours of work in the middle of the night dismissed for the chance to draw something natural to the United Nations. Which I am not entirely sure why you should think was more my style, I can't even get excited about national politics, so...

@Gabaloth: I always complain about the themes. I would complain about my own themes, if it wouldn't seem just a little mental to do so. It's a fine way to express my displeasure with what is actually my own inability to be instantly inspired by the theme at hand.
I do find it a little disappointing that the themes have been, at least slightly, limited and specific, but I am not the judge, thank goodness, and they should not let themselves be bullied into picking other themes, just because I didn't get an instant master piece idea when thinking up a concept.
I would probably complain whether the theme was "Lol, draw whatever you like

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 7:06pm

DaemonVeril

DaemonVeril

133 posts

I do find it a little disappointing that the themes have been, at least slightly, limited and specific

:'(

Daemon's theme was bad? He tried quite hard to think of something circumstantial to fit everyone's desires:/

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 7:38pm

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Daemon's theme was bad? He tried quite hard to think of something circumstantial to fit everyone's desires:/

Not any worse than the previous theme was.
And, to be entirely honest, still better than the current theme, because I can't draw anything for that. Unless I take my own snark serious and go trace up the UN building.

**This post contains personal opinions**

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 8:09pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

We should do some old themes, like des(s)ert and august.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do with UN.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 6:04am

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

Three armed bears wrestling with chickens? A space octopus attacking mars?That is not natural guys. A space rabbit eating people is not natural...There are tons of option.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 7:42am

Cenere

Cenere

12,941 posts

Knight

Then be specific and say we should draw what you think is unnatural.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 10:11am

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

Well you see, the theme is UN-natural, and as a creative person, I am bound and determined to use the UN somehow.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 5:20pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

Then be specific and say we should draw what you think is unnatural.

Anything absurd. Could you walk outside and see it?  Is it scientifically impossible?

Well you see, the theme is UN-natural, and as a creative person, I am bound and determined to use the UN somehow.

Good luck?

Reply to Art Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

You must be logged in to post a reply!