ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Competition: Fire and Water (page 56)

565 233217
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Welcome to the Art Skills Competition.

As always, there are a few rules that needs to be followed for proper judging, viewing and general fairness.

Competition Rules
- All major parts of the entry must be original material, unless otherwise stated. Heavy references, sources and other visible influences should be credited as per normal forum courtesy.
- Submissions must follow the current theme to be judged, and must be drawn for that theme specifically. You cannot submit something you drew prior to the theme being announced
- Please do not post entries larger than 670 pixels in width. If your art is larger, post a thumbnail and link to the larger version.
- Artists cannot win in subsequent rounds, but are allowed to enter said rounds.
- Entries can be drawn in any medium available.

• 565 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

my thoughts on my piece

Pie

suggested that thoad and in general the ASC needs a better reward for winners :P, suggested winners should choose the next theme, too bad thoad said I couldn't win more then twice in a row

anyone think threads like this die because lack of motivation aka no reward rofl I remember loooong ago that there was a chance of getting merits, now is staggers on anyways...

A colony hmm isnt Kingdom Hearts a bunch of Disney themes? perhaps one of them Disney movies might have connections to early american colonies O.o
weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

http://imageshack.us/a/img255/8961/firewithrain.gif
I made this using particle effects, I later felt like it was a bit cheated so I made another

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/1668/97723559.jpg

believe it or not that's not smoke, its steam, from water... >.>

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

No! haha :], Roanoke Colony was a real colony. It's American History.

You obviously don't live in America, because Americans don't learn American History in their U.S. History class. They learn about how awesome columbus was and then they learn more about WW2.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

You obviously don't live in America, because Americans don't learn American History in their U.S. History class. They learn about how awesome columbus was and then they learn more about WW2.

:] We traced our hands to make turkey drawings too!
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

And in Texas its its the Alamo who cares bout the every other American place yea we get American History and Texas History whooo...

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Thoad, you might wanna drop me a line whenever you need the thread title changed... I thought you had gone AWOL because it hadn't changed until I decided I had actually better take a look...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I'd love to say that I just went AWOL and disappeared again, but really it's just that the competition died.

I blame the fact that I'm not thooper populurr anymore

Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

I blame that no one has chosen themes simpler then some abstract philosophical deep thinking, metaphorical topic that bogs down anyone who doesn't know what to draw when they see the words that describe the theme.

Next Theme:
"A Philosophical Cat, chained to a Scratching Post while drinking Tea, dressed in a Top hat with Dancing Scones with Troll Faces, Guarded by a 1930s looking bulldog soldier "

:P

Showing 556-563 of 565