ForumsGamesBest Storyline?

49 7470
AdrianAffliction
AdrianAffliction
5 posts
Nomad

Ive been wondering what games have you guys played that had some epic storylines, the ones that have you hooked to see what happens. I havent seen much awesome storylines but I think the best Ive ever seen is in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team. Its its very thought provoking. But anyways, have you seen any? If yes just lay it here! Thanks.

• 49 Replies
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

I like final fantasy story lines (or just rpg storylines generally) but god of war has a pretty good one too if your into the whole greek mythology thing

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

I think I should be allowed to ask a storyline question here.
Does anyone know if Darksiders & Darksiders 2 have a good storyline. It is a RPG and I play those games mainly for the story. I can get them in a bundle and it is not to expensive so does it has a good story?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Seriously? Halo? You have to buy every game and have every movie to understand it at all. It's such a headache. I hope you realize they do that so you buy more of their stuff.

The Red Dead Redemption (Game of the year 2010) was pretty great. Most of the side-stuff is so detailed and long that you could easily have 3-4 books of material right there. I can't really explain any of it without revealing any spoilers, but it's incredible.

I don't understand why games like Final Fantasy, Halo, and CoD are so "good" with the story aspect. Halo and CoD are designed mainly for the gameplay part. Most of the other games mentioned are pretty much the same.

espadaxin2
espadaxin2
485 posts
Blacksmith

Metro 2033 is very dark and intriging.
the game is based on a book so it is very focused on the story mostly. but the gameplay is great though. you should give it a try.
also, the book is great.

miniphu
miniphu
72 posts
Nomad

Hmm. A tough question. I'd have to say that I most enjoyed the Zelda Twilight Princess storyline.

iFaiXY
iFaiXY
2 posts
Nomad

metal gear solid maybe

Latourious
Latourious
14 posts
Nomad

Easily Metal Gear/Metal Gear Solid. It's a story that took several console changes to finish up, and each games revelations left you a little more confused, but equally awestruck from the convoluted stories being interwoven.

erthkwake
erthkwake
37 posts
Nomad

Final Fantasy games are almost always great.

Kingdom Hearts is awesome too.

erthkwake
erthkwake
37 posts
Nomad

* Legend of Zelda too.

alexandrica
alexandrica
100 posts
Nomad

yeah...i didn't played any of these games, but it sounds they have great storylines and i can't say what is my favourite storyline from the games that i played because every sotryline has got its own story and you can't compare 2 different stories but you can compare 2 parts of the same storyline, i mean the storylines parts of 2 versions of the same game

-Alexandrica the archer-

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

SPOILER ALERT

Well im gonnahave to go with bioshock i just thought it was good how after all that time you found out you were being controlled by frank fontaine and he wanted control and how your guy hijacked the plane i thought it was very intresting.

Chock61
Chock61
69 posts
Nomad

Halo is the best story line:
about 8 and more games,The story is about the human covenant war.covenant civil war,the betray of the elites.
the story of master chief, arbiter and more

Metallica137
Metallica137
120 posts
Nomad

Metal Gear Solid series. Any of the games. It is the best.

ethanjensen
ethanjensen
29 posts
Shepherd

hey a custom map in minecraft called underground has a good storyline its about how the nether invaded the overworld

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I really liked the red dead storyline, but I personally don't like the sandbox mode after the ending. It didn't feel as right. No matter how many times I played with him, it still felt odd.

Well im gonnahave to go with bioshock

I really liked it to. I thought both the stories were pretty amazing, though I only got to play the second one I saw some of the first online. The ending was touching, mostly because I couldn't bear to kill one of little girls. Especially not after playing as one. Seeing the world through their eyes was enough to make my jaw drop.

The half life series seemed pretty good to me too. I really can't resist when a series decides to combine the universes of two seperate games, it just makes the game so much more relatable. I do have to admit though, for the majority of the game I had no idea what was going on at all. But towards the end everything just sort of came together.
Showing 16-30 of 49