Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

This is messed up

Posted Aug 7, '12 at 10:49am

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

How do you expect to pay millions of soldiers a more money without raising taxes?

And you just know them government folks won't give up their cash.

Posted Aug 7, '12 at 2:34pm

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

you just dont get it.
most of these peoples are educated mans. if they wont go to politics, they will go work in a big company.
so, if they wont get enough money, which will make the job more attractive, people will just stop to care.
i want to go because of ideaoligy, and thats how it always begin, but you have to feed your family. as i said, its a hard job.
sure, soliders risk their life, but they are just piones on the board. the leaders are these who move the buisness.

and no, they dont care just for themselves. they try to stay 'on the chair', so they will eb able to save ther agenda. bibi netanyao might seems like a one who do everything to just stay, change his mind by the mass cry, but his realy goal is "to choose is battles'. so that he might succseed in doing stuff he think are goods. he know that if {and i hope and want to} we will kick him out of his job and vote in the next elections to someone else, we wont bomb Iran {which i am compeltly against}.
remmember that guys.. shouting "they are bribed" "they just care about money" is just not fair. yes, there are some guys who becaome rotten, and use there power for helping themselves and the ones they care, but who of us wont fall into it in our life? its start by that you know a friend abilities and say to yourself "he will be realy good for this job" and end by hiving money to family cuz "they need it" and "it wont change anything".

Posted Aug 7, '12 at 6:11pm

Kevin4762

Kevin4762

2,534 posts

hundreds of years from now people will wonder why we ever had democracies, or even government for that matter.

Posted Sep 21, '12 at 5:41pm

Blackbeltr0

Blackbeltr0

802 posts

it is bad but we cant do much about it except cut the people who get lots of money to little money which would not work

Posted Sep 21, '12 at 6:50pm

thewolf52

thewolf52

28 posts

hundreds of years from now people will wonder why we ever had democracies, or even government for that matter

Hundred years ago, someone must have said the same

Posted Sep 22, '12 at 12:59am

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,093 posts

Reason congressman have such high paychecks.

senetor/congressmen is recognized and proposes a motion. "I move we get a raise."

Motion gets seconded, and is voted upon, vote is unaiminous, congressmen get higher pay.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Sep 22, '12 at 1:05am

zakyman

zakyman

1,682 posts

Motion gets seconded, and is voted upon, vote is unaiminous, congressmen get higher pay.

Nope. Because our Constitution was amended to say that our Congressmen cannot give themselves a raise while in office. You have to pass the raise, and then get reelected. Of course, for some that's a trivial barrier, however in contested elections not too many people would be open minded to voting for someone who gave them self a raise.

Posted Sep 22, '12 at 3:22am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,239 posts

Knight

I would have thought that it was much harder to rule over the most powerful nation on earth, to juggle foreign and domestic needs than being a soldier, not to demean the troops. It's not hard to see why POTUS needs to be paid more; he gets peanuts at his level of education anyway.

Posted Sep 22, '12 at 3:45pm

_Spaz_

_Spaz_

145 posts

Because the government looks at the soldiers as expendable. They just keep reproducing them and they keep dying and the process keeps going and going. It is sad but sadly that is reality.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 1:08pm

christopher122

christopher122

19 posts

welcome to the real world

Reply to This is messed up

You must be logged in to post a reply!