ForumsThe TavernWhat would you do with $1 Billion?

54 8452
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

Would you buy cool cars? A huge mansion? Give it all to charity? Bail out Europe? Dominate the world?

Discuss.

• 54 Replies
MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

First things first, get a better gaming set up. Buy a boat. Take my mom dad etc. on a vacation to somewhere awesome. Live somewhere other than Florida (it gets too hot here to cut grass with my dad)

Roxxar123
Roxxar123
61 posts
Farmer

Put like...$50,000,000 in the bank and buy other stuff with the rest.

Then, in like, 20 years, I'll take out my bank money and buy more stuff with it.

If you hadn't realized, you can do a bunch with $1 billion dollars.

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Vote for Romney.

Anyway, I'd probably put 500 million to charity, 480 million in a bank. After that I'd probably just buy a house and some electronics and that's about it. No idea what I would do really...

fireangle
fireangle
176 posts
Nomad

I would put in a bank account and keep it there untill the money has doubled in intrest. Then I would use some of the money to make my own video game company, invent a lot of impractical but clean means of transportation, and then form a stupid demonstration group that really annoys people more than anything. Once my video game company and inventions make me more rich I will make a fund to buy the U.S.A. and get rid of democracy.......

Just kidding!!!!! I would really just donate $1,000,000 to cancer and then put the rest of the money in a bank account. I would then use the money to travel around the world and get a manion near Carmel Beach. I would then spend the rest of my free time writing books

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

i would use a $1 billion to buy a mansion and invent something really awesome than use the rest as i please

Roxxar123
Roxxar123
61 posts
Farmer

I would use the money to form a country.

That's crazy. The entire country would be in your hands then, and you'd gain a bunch of stress :P

Well, not really, but a country is WAY more expensive then $1 billion...
handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

First of all I would make sure I would be financially secure for the rest of my life, then I would buy a nice place to live with all I needed to be comfortable, and then I would look for good ways of spending the rest, medical research, scholarships, providing homes, and perhaps funding movies and TV. I'd invest in keeping my real identity masked like the Wizard of Oz.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

50 million to Charity.

2 million towards a house

250 million in the bank for my descendents.

Other 698 million... I have no idea xD

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

A bunch of money in the bank. Like, a lot, so i can go to colledge and not have to pay a crap load of money. and extra to buy things with, and then for my kids and people down the line. and then i would probably give some to the government anonymously, because htey need it or we're all gonna die.
and then charity. and then save the rest........for a real long time. and take a vacation to some place on the other sie of the world.
yup.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Collage. Videogames. Cars. New house. Vacation. Ex.
I dont really know, not many things I want require that much money.

johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

I would change out half of it into gold, then I'd put half of the rest into savings. With the remaining 1/4, I'd buy a good home, then any money I have left over I'll use to buy a epic computer. I'll then live off of the interest from the money I saved, and when the economy crashes, I'll rely on my gold. Plan=win.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I would wander busy cities randomly tossing handfuls of hundred dollar bills into the air and watch people fight over 'em,,that should last a while. Good entertainment

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

There is this film, The Magic Christian, where a man who gets a lot of money gets a big swimming pool, a temporary one, dirties the pool with sewage and then adds a lot of high value paper money.
The backing track to what follows this goes "If you want it, here it is, come and get it, but you better hurry 'cause it's golng fast."

BurnKush420
BurnKush420
100 posts
Nomad

i would honestly only buy things that i needed, then put the rest in the bank and let interest do the work for a few years. gradually taking out money for stuff that i need like gas, food, bills, etc

MagicTree
MagicTree
749 posts
Nomad

I would put most of it in the bank. I would donate 500 million to WWF, use 10 million to buy stuff that catch my fancy (Toyota Smart car, house, college) and
and 490 million would go in the bank. Or something like that.

Showing 31-45 of 54