ForumsWEPRReligions of Armor Games

102 26147
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

A thread like this may already have been made...but I don't see it so I thought I'd make one. Just a simple question...what is your religion? And why so?

Also..please try to keep arguments very limited. I'm not looking to start flame wars here..I am just interested in hearing about why people believe in what they do.

• 102 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Jesus christ died for your sins he lives up in heaven because he rose form the dead and protects, defends,and loves you even now

Why should we believe in him when his disciples are clearly grammatically moronic?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Erm linking a religion's validity and it's adherents' language skills isn't a convincing argument. Have we really come to this?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Oh and back on topic.

I'm Buddhist-Agnostic-Atheist. I don't believe we have conclusive evidence that there isn't a God but since there's nothing to suggest their existence I'm
Atheist. I wish there isn't a deity so that fits in. And it's also good that Buddhism doesn't entail believing in any Gods so that fits snugly too.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Seeing as this thread, a poll, has come down to an old-fashioned battle, yes, Nichodemus. It has come to this.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

well there is more proof of the bible being true than every other religion

just saying

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

CHRIST, will you please stop saying pointless dogmas? it annoys almost everyone here, and you have no idea what you are talking about.

just saying

then stop saying.

-Blade
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Actually there is very little proof of the Bible being true...the only proof of being true the Bible holds is that some events in history somewhat correlate to events in the Bible.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Examples, please? I am quite interested in what "Proof" you think you have.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

10 plagues of egypt are true.
(just not by the reasons the bible gives. but still true)

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

As a Christian, even I think you're bold stating something like that.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

I trust you have read the religious texts of other religions, so that your claim can actually be investigated?
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

10 plagues of egypt are true.
(just not by the reasons the bible gives. but still true)

Well most of them are things that naturally happen, like locusts swarms or disease. But they obviously didn't happen around the same time, or Egypt would have said something about it, and really every other place on earth had similar problems. Except the first born dying, that is definitely BS.

Besides, wouldn't that be &quotroof" for Judaism, not Christianity, since it is in the Torah?

As a Christian, even I think you're bold stating something like that.

Sooo...You are saying you have no proof?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Sooo...You are saying you have no proof?

No; read what it is. One religion having more proof than the other? It's a bold statement. Brave; tenacious. Placing their religion on a higher shelf than others is bold. Does a Christian calling out another Christian for what they said deduce to "has no proof"? No. You'd be silly to think something like this.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

no it is also in the bible

Besides, wouldn't that be &quotroof" for Judaism, not Christianity, since it is in the Torah?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

314d1, it would really be nice if you stopped taking everyone's words to the extreme or out of context.

no it is also in the bible

The Bible is the Old Testament (Parts of the Torah) combined with the New Testament (Gospels + other things).

Since the Bible comes after the two, any 'roof' in the Old Testament only goes for the Torah, as that's where it came from. Also, as someone earlier said in this thread...just because bits and pieces line up doesn't make it true.

Every person is going to think their religion has the most proof, otherwise why would they believe in it?
Showing 46-60 of 102