ForumsWEPRReligions of Armor Games

102 26061
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

A thread like this may already have been made...but I don't see it so I thought I'd make one. Just a simple question...what is your religion? And why so?

Also..please try to keep arguments very limited. I'm not looking to start flame wars here..I am just interested in hearing about why people believe in what they do.

• 102 Replies
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

No, he really didn't. He said it has more proof than any other religion. You say the opposite. Read the posts more carefully, else this leads to more misunderstandings and replies that contain false deductions. You know, like what happens normally.

He said that. Then ANOTHER Christian (The one the post was referring too) came back and said that that was a bold statement. Meaning that he has no more proof then any other religion.

Here.

The link says that it was a statement of an apocalypse, which seems to have nothing to do with exodus. It may not be even during the time, and the only people who link it to the exodus plagues are, once again, religiously motivated.
OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

I really don't like debates.

Just want to say that I'm a happy catholic.

No, random person. I will not debate with you.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

was a bold statement. Meaning that he has no more proof then any other religion.

Bold statement does not mean no proof. It means it's a bold statement, because he didn't provide anything to back it. That doesn't mean he didn't have anything to back it with, only that it was not given.

I really don't like debates.

Why? At the very least, a debate will sharpen your mind, even if your opinion does not change.
Crushmaster
Crushmaster
48 posts
Farmer

I am a Christian. Specifically, a Baptist.

As to why: the Bible's historical and scientific accuracy; evidence of changed lives (including my own); Christianity and the Bible standing despite intense persecution; etc.

A good resource I recommend for many objections to Christianity is CARM.org. Answers in Genesis is another good Site to check out, as is the Institute for Creation Research.
God bless,
Crushmaster.

OperationNilo
OperationNilo
3,937 posts
Shepherd

Why? At the very least, a debate will sharpen your mind, even if your opinion does not change.

I don't have time for debates, I mean.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

He said that. Then ANOTHER Christian (The one the post was referring too) came back and said that that was a bold statement. Meaning that he has no more proof then any other religion.

Thank you for changing your statement to fit it correct. Instead of "don't have proof" it's "no more proof than any other religion". Now you are correct and I can go on my merry way.

And, as always, stating your opinion without filling the "why so" the OP asks voids the post placement in this thread. Couple posts deleted from this.
09philj
09philj
2,825 posts
Jester

my religion is atheism, but I acknowlage there is the possibility an imperfect god could exist.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

my religion is atheism

Atheism is not a religion.
Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

my religion is atheism

Atheism is not a religion.
~GhostOfMatrix

AH yes it is YOU BELIEVE that there is NO GOD thus u r BELIEVING a religion of no gods
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

AH yes it is YOU BELIEVE that there is NO GOD thus u r BELIEVING a religion of no gods

again, you don't know what you are talking about, so shut it. to paraphrase abe lincoln, "better to not open your mouth and look like a fool, than to open it and be proven one."

atheism isn't a religion, it's simply a lack of belief in a god. do you see churches devoted to lack of faith? I don't.

-Blade
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

im amazed to discover the amount of people who dont know those things and are still on the internet....
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

im amazed to discover the amount of people who dont know those things and are still on the internet....

I'm not. The amazement of people's ignorance and stupidity part of my brain died a long, long time ago.

Adding to what Bladerunner said, atheism is not a religion, nor is theism for that matter.

Atheism/Theism simply answer the question: "Do you have a belief in a god or supernatural entity." Yes = Theism, No = Atheism. Theism is a belief, but is not apart of a belief system. Atheism is a neutral point, making no claims, and is not a belief.

Now, there are atheistic religions, where people follow set morals/traditions but do not believe in a god. They are not religious because they are atheists, however.
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

They are not religious because they are atheists, however.

I realize this may be misleading.

They are not religious because they are atheists, however, but because they follow other beliefs. Atheism plays no part in being in a religion.
LegoMyLego27
LegoMyLego27
100 posts
Shepherd

I don't believe in anything, and religion causes lots of problems with the world.

bigjacob
bigjacob
578 posts
Farmer

Agreed. Too much fighting over texts and things without proof to back them up.

I believe that there is 'some strong, supernatural being' out there, whether it be the Christian God, or any other.

Showing 76-90 of 102