so what are you guys thinking of the tebow sanchez expiriment going on

1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

"Were back with Sports Center on AG!"
"Tebow-Sanchez Experiment!"
"Lets go to you Bill"
"Ok thanks Bob! The New York Jets still have a quarterback controversy, even if the controversy does not concern which quarterback should start.

Despite the enormous attention given to Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez has been the far better quarterback during offseason workouts and training camp. A solid 11-for-16 performance by Sanchez during Saturday nightâs Green & White scrimmage reaffirmed his status. Starting Sanchez clearly gives the Jets the best chance to win for now.

If there is a quarterback controversy with the Jets, it concerns whether Tebow, who was 0-for-3 passing during the scrimmage, can make a worthwhile difference as a non-starter. Will Tebow provide a consistent spark when used? Or will Tebowâs packages actually hurt the rhythm of Sanchez and the entire offense, especially if Tebow continues to struggle as a passer?

Almost any way the Jets choose to use Tebow will spark debate. Here is a capsule look at some of the potential pros and cons with Tebow, as the NFLâs most talked about backup quarterback gets ready for preseason action.

Tebow as a runner

The pros: Tebowâs ability as a runner is part of what made him attractive to the Jets. He rushed for more yards (660) than any NFL quarterback last season except Cam Newton (706). Tebow is big enough to run inside, strong enough to break tackles and he is often at his best when he adlibs after a play breaks down.

The Jets had the AFC East's worst rushing attack last season and was 22nd overall. Shonn Greene had his first 1,000-yard season in 2012, but he is not a top-10 NFL back, nor does he have breakaway speed. Greenâs longest career regular-season carry is 33 yards.

Backup Joe McKnight had the best run of Saturday nightâs scrimmage, but he is unproven, with just 82 carries in two seasons. Bilal Powell is challenging McKnight to be the No. 2 back, but Greene, McKnight and Powell don't strike fear in the hearts of opposing defenses.

Expect the Jets to use Tebow on option plays and direct snaps from center, taking advantage of his talents as a runner.

"He just adds an extra element for us," Greene said. "The defense has to worry about him. Putting him on the field along with our other talented playersâ"itâs going to give defenses a headache."

The cons: The more defenses see Tebow, the more insight they will get on how to stop the packages devised by offensive coordinator Tony Sparano. The New England Patriotsâ defense looked far more comfortable playing against Tebow in the playoffs last season, compared to the teams' first meeting during the regular season. If Tebow can't establish himself as an effective thrower, defenses will crowd the line of scrimmage and make him less effective as a runner."

Ok that's it for today!
http://beyondlean.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/sportscenter.jpg

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

@manly
that must of took forever to write

oh so milky cabrera is susbended for 50 games
something about drugs and/or alhohol

and felix hernandez perfect game
3rd perfect game overall this season

omarzocco
omarzocco
280 posts
Nomad

Wow great forum subject and okay well I want the SAINTS to win anyone else sorry supebob but I'm with Saints not Texans.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I respected Sean Payton and the Saints. But their bounty thing disappointed me. I've lost some respect for them. I still like Drew Brees though.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

oh so milky cabrera is susbended for 50 games
something about drugs and/or alhohol

Smooth. He was the mvp of the allstar game. Nice moves Melky.
Ok that's it for today!

danana danana
C`mon, you were thinking the same.
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

@ Manly

Manly isn't in this thread
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I don't think the Jets will do good this year. Mark Sanchez did a decent job getting the Jets to 3 AFC championship games. But he's losing it. He needs better field vision and needs to show improvement. So far, I haven't seen it in him. But their problem is lack of protection in the offensive line. They're giving up way too many sacks. (I know it's just the preseason. But some things can foreshadow into the regular season.)

Tim Tebow can make good passes occasionally. But it always looks like his first priority is to run the ball. He's good at extending plays and can earn a few good first downs with his runs. That's the running backs job though. To run. He should mix it up. Run 50% of the time and pass 50%. Confuse the defense.

superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

Wow great forum subject and okay well I want the SAINTS to win anyone else sorry supebob but I'm with Saints not Texans.

i don't think thats gonna happen

and hey your back in the forums dude
=)

Smooth. He was the mvp of the allstar game. Nice moves Melky

good lesson showing you shouln't do drugs

Manly isn't in this thread

sorry i meant you 1zth
i didn't know you chanded your armatar and you have the same one as him

I don't think the Jets will do good this year. Mark Sanchez did a decent job getting the Jets to 3 AFC championship games. But he's losing it. He needs better field vision and needs to show improvement. So far, I haven't seen it in him. But their problem is lack of protection in the offensive line. They're giving up way too many sacks. (I know it's just the preseason. But some things can foreshadow into the regular season.)

you also left out that the jets has never scored an offensive touchdown
shame right
bad move rex ryan bad move
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Adam Dunn and Paul Konerko became the first teammates in baseball history to hit their 400th career homerun in the same season

Also, Konerko in my eyes is by far the most underrated player in baseball. Constantly puts up numbers and yet is never in discussions about "elite" or "great" players of now (And this is a Yankees fan saying this)

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

you also left out that the jets has never scored an offensive touchdown
shame right

I counted all the scores/touchdowns/etc. and the Jets are the only team that hasn't gotten a touchdown. Pretty say if you ask me. Defenses aren't playing as tough and you can't even score a touchdown.
Greenguylike
Greenguylike
13 posts
Shepherd

OKC Thunder WILL win this time.

Greenguylike
Greenguylike
13 posts
Shepherd

Hey 1zth, you should get hired

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

If Westbrook and Harden are consistent, they'll compete with the Lakers Big 4.
superbob111
superbob111
465 posts
Nomad

I counted all the scores/touchdowns/etc. and the Jets are the only team that hasn't gotten a touchdown. Pretty say if you ask me. Defenses aren't playing as tough and you can't even score a touchdown.

yah theyve scored a total of 6pts in 2 games
wow

yes yes they will

If Westbrook and Harden are consistent, they'll compete with the Lakers Big 4.

big 4?
Showing 31-45 of 106