• 106 Replies
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

we missed yiu 1zth
Aww thanks man

Were back to sports center(On AG)!
Michael Vick is his own worst critic when it comes to his lackluster play in the season opener.

He knows needs to play better than he did in the opener for the Eagles to have a chance at beating Baltimore on Sunday.

Against Ray Lewis and a tough Ravens defense, four interceptions and bad decisions might not put Vick in a spot where he can pull out a victory in the fourth quarter.

Vick said he doesn't use criticism of his performance as motivation because he saw the mistakes on tape.

"The thing is that nobody really has to motivate me. I have to motivate myself," he said Wednesday. "I watch the film. I'm the one who lived it, and everyone else watched it from afar and is just speculating about it and what they think."

Vick never truly found himself in a groove until he led the Eagles 91 yards for the winning drive against the Browns en route to the 17-16 victory.

He was one of the first Eagles to hit the film room Monday, though, to break down his performance. Vick said he has to stop pressing to make big plays when the game isn't going his way. He knows he made ill-advised throws into coverage, sometimes because he was trying to do much to rally the Eagles.

"I can't dwell on what happened last game," he said, "because I just don't plan on having that type of ballgame again."

Vick's optimism could be squashed in a hurry Sunday.

Ed Reed's 34-yard interception return for a touchdown was the highlight of a solid performance by the Baltimore defense in the Ravens' 44-13 rout of Cincinnati Monday. Haloti Ngata had two of Baltimore's four sacks, proving the Ravens (1-0) just might survive without NFL Defensive Player of the Year Terrell Suggs, who is out indefinitely.

"I shook off the rust last week and I'm ready to get back out against Baltimore," Vick said. "The thing that I can tell you is that we will progress and get better as the season goes on."

Coach Andy Reid backed his quarterback and said Vick should continue to improve with more practice. Vick took only 12 snaps in the preseason -- well shy of the whopping 56 passes he attempted against the Browns. Vick was 29 of 56 for 317 yards and two scores to go with the four picks. He ran seven times for 32 yards, including a 16-yard scamper.

Reid said it was important to remember how well Vick played in the final drive to lead the Eagles to a comeback win.

"He finished the way a great player finishes, and you see this all the time in basketball, where shooters, the great shooters, they're going to have an off-day and they keep shooting," he said. "When it comes down to the end, the great ones end up sinking the winning shot. So Michael, that's what he did. He kept firing."

The Eagles (1-0) have won five straight games, dating back to last season. And Vick, obviously, has had a lot to do with that. But he could have one less star target available on Sunday, as they shoot for six.

Receiver Jeremy Maclin did not practice Wednesday because of a sore hip. And the Eagles definitely won't have Jaiquawn Jarrett in the mix on defense, after they released the second-year safety. Reid took responsibility for a bad gamble on Jarrett, who played at Temple, when they took him in the second round of the 2011 draft. Jarrett played in only 13 games with the Eagles. He did not take a defensive snap against the Browns.

"I think his style of defense will be best for him somewhere else," Reid said, "and not with this team."
DUNA DUN DUNA DUN!
http://www.skylergilbert.com/SportsCenter.jpg

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

he was the best DE on the texans and he leaves for the bills come on man

It's NFL business man. He wants the moneyz.
how bout texas A & M loss to florida
floria came back from a 17 point half time deficit to win by 3

It was kinda surprising. But those two are pretty even teams. And it was all about endurance. Florida wore down A&M in the 2nd half. That's how they won.
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

The Eagles (1-0) have won five straight games, dating back to last season. And Vick, obviously, has had a lot to do with that. But he could have one less star target available on Sunday, as they shoot for six.

they are now 6 straight plus a perfect preseason

It's NFL business man. He wants the moneyz.

money does change everything

It was kinda surprising. But those two are pretty even teams. And it was all about endurance. Florida wore down A&M in the 2nd half. That's how they won.

the aggies are known for bad 2nd halfs
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Vick with good clutch wins but definitely 2 games that are forgettable.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

vick showing that he is one of the 6 QBs to havea perfect season so far can show he has the ability to clinch the playoffs

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Yeah, he's doing alright. But those picks have to go away. College football wise UL Monroe is scaring every big conference team. They smacked Arkansas and scared Auburn and Baylor. Talking about Arkansas, they're dying out there. Getting worse and worse even more everyday. Lost to Rutgers yesterday.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

well the NFl controls college

the best teams from 2011 are the wort in 2012 and the worst in 2011 are the best in 2012

ok so lets talk injuries

jets head conerback darrelle revis is out for the season with a torn ACL

texans QB Matt schuab gets sacked as his helmet comes of during his game agianst denver omn saturday
he was out for only 1 play even though he lost a smallchunk ok his ear
he is scheduled to play his next game agianst the titans

VERY scary moment in oakland
darrius heyward-bay get hit hard in the head and knocked out sunday afternoon agianst pittsburg
the official had all the player take a knee as it took medical staff OVER 15 minutes to put him on a strecher, put him on a cart and drive him off the field to an ambulance
he is questional about week 4

did anyone see the hit it was crazy

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

texans QB Matt schuab gets sacked as his helmet comes of during his game agianst denver omn saturday
he was out for only 1 play even though he lost a smallchunk ok his ear
he is scheduled to play his next game agianst the titans

Good thnig he didn't get a concussion. Quarterbacks who get hit and get smacked to the ground/ Helmet goes off. There goes an injury.
VERY scary moment in oakland
darrius heyward-bay get hit hard in the head and knocked out sunday afternoon agianst pittsburg
the official had all the player take a knee as it took medical staff OVER 15 minutes to put him on a strecher, put him on a cart and drive him off the field to an ambulance

I was watching the game. They should've called personal foul. But Raiders, good overall play. Smart defense at the end of the game. Great execution on offense. But the key to them winning, was penalties. They averaged over 10 flags last season. Not a lot in that game.

Surprising upset: Vikings over 49ers
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

WERE BACK!!!
I LOVE TIM TEBOW...Who dosen't???
I HATE MARK SANCHEZ THE JETS SHOULD PLAY TEBOW THEY LOSE FOR MANY REASONS!

Is it even worth noting that the Jets technically top the standings when their tie-breaking 2-0 divisional record is factored in?

The answer is: No.

The 2012 Jets' chances of contending depended on several things breaking right, each of which has gone spectacularly wrong in the first four games.

First and most obviously, the Jets needed to stay healthy. But last week, their best player suffered a season-ending injury. Darrelle Revisâs torn ACL represented The Unthinkable, a possibility too horrible to be grappled with earnestly before it happened. Nobody quite knew what horrors would visit the Jets without him.

As it turned out yesterday, there were plenty, starting with the poor play of Kyle Wilson, Revisâs replacement in the starting lineup, who stood out even on a day where all facets of the Jets broke down.

Wilsonâs rough day started when he was flagged for a pass interference call on the gameâs first play from scrimmage. It continued on the 49ersâ first score of the game, a run by backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick on which Wilson made what Daily News Jets reporter Kevin Armstrong aptly called âa brief frisk attemptâ in lieu of a tackle.

Before and after that were many completions, and, more incriminatingly, at least three near-completions that would have gone for big yardage if not for overthrows by 49ers quarterback Alex Smith. Wilsonâs reactions to these near-death experiences was surprising: He wagged his finger after one of them (âDonât you dare test me!â) and made the popular spoon-to-mouth âKeep feedinâ me!â gesture after another.

In reality, testing Wilson was exactly what the 49ers did all game and what other teams will surely do for the rest of the season. His displays of misplaced bravado did nothing but feed the narrative about the Jetsâ deluded conception of their own abilities.

So the pass defense is in trouble. More worrisome yet, the run defense is in bigger trouble. After giving up 245 rushing yards yesterday, the Jets are giving up an average of 173 yards per game, ranking 31st in the league.

REVIS' INJURY PRETTY MUCH REMOVES the possibility that the Jets will be as good on defense as in years past. So the burden shifts to the offense to improve upon its below-average performance of the past several seasons.

We all know how that has gone: The offense was shut out yesterday, and has just one touchdown in its last 34 possessions.

Mark Sanchez, playing in an era in which quarterbacks complete 62 percent of their passes, now has a 49.2 completion percentage, after three straight games in which he has failed to top 50 percent.

Yesterday was the nadir. The Jetsâ 30 passing plays resulted in 100 yards for them, and an interception and a fumble recovery for a touchdown for the 49ers. Whether or not Sanchez âregressedâ last year is subject to debate over which statistics mean more, but itâs incontrovertible this year.

Whatâs most worrisome about Sanchez is that no facet of his game seems to have improved. His accuracy has been terrible this year, a fact reflected not only in his numbers but also the visuals of him missing wide-open throws. Heâs still prone to the blooperish catastrophic mistake, like his interception on a screen pass yesterday that otherwise was destined for big yardage and a chance for the Jets to get back into the game. Worse yet, his pocket presence is no better now than it was when he was a rookie, making it hard to imagine that he'll ever harness his above-average athleticism for his position.

Three seasons and four games into his career, Sanchez has been close-to-average at best and terrible at worst. About the only thing he has going for him now is that it appears the Jets donât take backup Tim Tebow seriously as a quarterback, and have no interest in inviting any more controversy about Sanchezâs job security.

So his job is probably secure for the next twelve games. But this is officially a crisis now. There are no more âyoung quarterbackâ excuses.

And Sanchezâs uphill task of saving both the Jetsâ season and his job got a lot harder on the first play of the fourth quarter yesterday, when Santonio Holmes sustained a foot injury that, pending an MRI, appears that it will sideline him for multiple games.

The Jets have leaned heavily on Holmes this year: He practically won their Week 3 game against Miami himself with a 147-yard outing, and was sixth in the N.F.L. with 11 targets per game going into yesterday.

All of that from someone everyone thought the Jets would love to get rid of if only his prohibitive contract didnât make that next to impossible. But itâs been that kind of year for the Jets: First they want to get rid of him, then they find out heâs indispensible, and now heâs gone.

GOOD BYE

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I respect Tebow as a person. He seems like a cool guy to hang out with. But on the field he can't throw. He shows good effort. Sanchez gives them a b better chance. Yeah he is pretty meh too.

superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

Surprising upset: Vikings over 49ers

surprising upset of huge shocker
they were the team to beat
who is the team to beat now
i say either falcons or texans

I LOVE TIM TEBOW...Who dosen't???

i know right
he is so cool
i love to tebow myself

@1zth
you love this tebow sanchez expiriment dont you

I respect Tebow as a person. He seems like a cool guy to hang out with. But on the field he can't throw. He shows good effort. Sanchez gives them a b better chance. Yeah he is pretty meh too

i agree
hes a nice, holy, kind, respectful, fun kind of guy
but he cant go into the 4th qurter every time and try to get a comeback

and soorry ive been unactive in the forums lately im taking a little break from them
1zth
1zth
192 posts
Nomad

WERE BACK!!!
I've been watching every game every season I record them all. If I can't I go on the internet and I have some bold NFL predictions.

@1zth
you love this tebow sanchez expiriment dont you

Not so much. I think he should go anywhere where he'll be the starting QB.
I respect Tebow as a person. He seems like a cool guy to hang out with. But on the field he can't throw. He shows good effort. Sanchez gives them a b better chance. Yeah he is pretty meh too
I think he can really bad moments and amazing moments.
Now here's some news for the 3 undefeated teams!

The unbeaten Arizona Cardinals face the Rams at St. Louis on Thursday in a division that in just two years has gone from the NFLâs weakest to one of its closest fought.

In 2010 the Seattle Seahawks drew some scorn when they made it to the playoffs out of the NFC West with a 7-9 record, but after four games of this year the division is one of just two in the league where no team has a losing record.

The Cardinals, on 4-0, are surprise leaders ahead of the higher-rated San Francisco 49ers (3-1), while the Rams and the Seahawks are 2-2.

The NFC East is the only other division without a losing team after a quarter of the season, and the rise in quality in their division is something Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt said he was prepared for.

âThatâs one of the things we all talked about going into this season, that every team had improved it was going to be a tough division,â Whisenhunt said. âIt sure looks like thatâs the way it is after only four games.â

The teams go into the clash on the back of closely fought wins: the Rams enjoyed a 19-13 victory at Seattle while the Cardinals came back to beat the Miami Dolphins in overtime 24-21.

The Cardinals are 4-0 for the first time since 1974 and have won 11 of their past 13 games, the best record in the NFL over that span.

Arizonaâs form is even more impressive given that they lost their starting quarterback in the first game of the season.

Kevin Kolb had never established himself as a starter in his six years in the NFL and began this season watching from the sidelines until John Skelton suffered an injury in the fourth quarter of Week One.

Taking his chance, Kolb is ninth in the NFL in passing rating (97.6), has thrown seven touchdown passes and just two interceptions, and is rated second in the league on passing on third downs, although the fact he was sacked eight times against Miami indicates there is plenty for Arizona and Kolb to work on.

It is also clear that Kolb is growing in self-belief.

âIâve reached this confidence level before. I donât ever want to get too high or too low but the more plays and the more victories you get and the more experiences you go through, it just gives you the confidence that you can handle things,â he said.

The Rams have won as many games this year as they managed in all of last seasonâs disastrous 2-14 campaign, with new head coach Jeff Fisher making his influence felt.

âClearly the past speaks for itself,â Fisher said in a conference call.

âItâs been a difficult few years. What you do, you move forward and let that go. From the time we started the off-season program to date, guys have a different type of expectation. They know you canât fix this thing overnight. But they know if you work hard, study hard, you have a chance in every game.â

Fisher has a promising young quarterback in Sam Bradford but knows the key to Thursdayâs game will be protecting him from a talented Arizona defense.

âWhen you think you have them figured out and blocked up, somebody is running free and hitting your quarterback,â Fisher said.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
HOUSTON â" As good as the Houston Texans [team stats] have been in getting off to the best start in franchise history, theyâre focused on playing even better.

âTo end the month of September 4-0 is great for our team and our organization,â quarterback Matt Schaub said after the Texansâ 38-14 win over the Tennessee Titans [team stats] on Sunday. âBut there are a lot of things we can correct from this game.â

The Texans were outgained 325-297 by the Titans (1-3), but their defense came through with big plays in the second half to clinch a win in which Danieal Manning and Kareem Jackson returned interceptions for touchdowns, Schaub threw two TD passes and Arian Foster ran for a score.

Titans quarterback Jake Locker left in the first quarter and didnât return after hurting his left, non-throwing shoulder on a hit by Glover Quin. Locker hurt the same shoulder in the season opener against New England.

Matt Hasselbeck threw two touchdown passes in relief of Locker, but also had three turnovers. Tennessee coach Mike Munchak said Locker was âsoreâ and would have an MRI exam Monday.

Houston coach Gary Kubiak loves that his defense pitched in on the scoring.

âAnytime you can get 14 points from some place other than your offense thatâs exceptional,â Kubiak said. âIt just makes you that much tougher to beat.â

Houston went to work quickly with an 11-yard touchdown reception by James Casey to make it 7-0 in the first quarter.

The Texans challenged the spot on a third-and-1 play on their next series, giving them a first down at the Tennessee 11. Foster took it in from 4 yards out two plays later to push Houstonâs lead to 14-0 near the end of the first quarter.

The Titans used a good dose of Chris Johnson on a drive that ended with a 19-yard touchdown reception by Craig Stevens to cut Houstonâs lead to 14-7 in the second quarter.

Johnson entered the game having gained just 45 yards in the first three games combined, but had 25 carries for 141 yards on Sunday for his first 100-yard outing since last December.

âItâs frustrating,â defensive end J.J. Watt said of Johnsonâs performance. âWeâre not happy we gave up those yards.â

Johnson said he was very concerned about Tennesseeâs running game through the first three weeks of the season. But on Sunday he knew from the outset that things were going to be different. He said it helped that he got a good number of carries before halftime after having just 33 combined through his three disappointing games.

âWhen youâre playing running back, you can feel when youâre in your groove,â he said. âI just felt like I was in my groove early and thatâs when I knew.â

But he isnât ready to proclaim Tennesseeâs problems in the running game fixed.

âI think today helped us take a step,â he said. âI wouldnât say we ultimately solved the problem, but I feel like we took a good step and hopefully we continue to get better.â
Houstonâs offense got off to a slow start in the second half, but the defense picked up the slack. Manning intercepted a pass that was tipped by tight end Taylor Thompson and Manning made a zigzagging 55-yard return for the touchdown to make it 21-7 in the third quarter.

The Titans were disappointed that they were within striking distance in the second half, only to watch things get out of hand so quickly.

âProbably the story of the game would be turnovers and their defense scoring points, and the penalties that cost us not only momentum, but big yards,â Hasselbeck said. âItâs frustrating because I feel like weâre not that far away. But we didnât play great and we had turnovers and I was a part of three of them. Itâs just frustrating because I know weâre capable of a lot more. They were just clearly a lot better than us today.â

The Titans were penalized seven times for 73 yards and Houston had just one penalty for three yards.

Hasselbeck fumbled when he was hit by Antonio Smith in the fourth quarter, and J.J. Watt recovered at the Tennessee 24. Shayne Graham kicked a 33-yard field goal with 5:38 left.

Jackson intercepted Hasselbeck in the fourth quarter and returned it 63 yards for a touchdown to push the lead to 38-7. He did his best impression of Deion Sanders at the end, high-stepping the last 10 yards.

Hasselbeck threw a short TD pass to Kendall Wright in the final minute.

NOTES: Watt has 7½ sacks this season. ... The Texans topped 30 points for the third time in four games. ... Graham reached 1,000 career points. ... Texans RG Antoine Caldwell left in the second quarter with a sprained right ankle. ... Titans LB Patrick Bailey, a special-teams player, injured his left hand and stayed in the game. Munchak said he would be re-evaluated on Monday. ... Johnson earned his 29th career 100-yard game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
The first time the Falcons ever started a season 4-0 they ended up succumbing to injuries and, perhaps, their own doubts about whether they really were that good.

The second time the Falcons were perfect through four games they ended up winning the NFC South and advancing to the NFC championship game.

The Falcons, 4-0 for just the third time in franchise history, are looking to finish more like 2004 than 1986.

âThey have a very, very good chance,â said Gerald Riggs, the Pro Bowl running back on the 1986 Falcons team. âEverybody can look to everything in the regular season, but the proof is what happens in the postseason. They should have no issue getting in the postseason.â

Thatâs the way it appears with the Falcons already three games ahead of Tampa Bay and Carolina and four games clear of the Saints. Atlanta already defeated Carolina, owns two road victories and boasts the No. 3 scoring offense in the league.

But, as the 1986 Falcons discovered, a promising season can unravel fast.

Expectations were low for the Falcons in 1986. They had posted back-to-back 4-12 seasons under coach Dan Henning and managed just three winning seasons since starting play in 1966 (not counting the strike-shortened 1982 season) .

The Falcons opened the season with a victory at New Orleans but there still were about 10,000 empty seats at Fulton County Stadium when they defeated the St. Louis Cardinals the next week. The perception of the Falcons changed after they won at Dallas in Week 3.

The Falcons were greeted by fans at the airport when they returned to Atlanta.

âThey estimated there were a couple thousand fans in the concourse when we got off the plane,â said David Archer, Atlantaâs starting quarterback in 1986. âThey were lined up in the concourse and we were high-fiving fans. It really was a great scene.â

After Atlanta won in overtime at Tampa Bay in Week 4, Fulton County Stadium was nearly full for the next weekâs game against the Eagles. The Falconsâ streak ended with a 16-0 loss to the Eagles and new coach Buddy Ryanâs famed â46â³ defense.

But Atlanta recovered to defeat the Los Angeles Rams at home the next week and rallied to forge a tie at San Francisco to stand 5-1-1. That was the final high point for the Falcons, who started a five-game losing streak at Los Angeles the next week.

Archer said the teamâs depth wasnât good to begin with and then injuries, including a separated shoulder suffered by Archer in Week 11, took their toll. Archer said the Falcons, who finished 7-8-1, also they didnât handle the increased expectations well.

âWe just kind of lost that momentum,â he said. âWe were on a team that didnât expect to win; we were just hoping to get off to a fast start. I think we got a little bit tight and started trying not to lose.â

By the time the Falcons lost in Week 14 to Indianapolis, which hadnât won a game until then, Fulton County Stadium was half full and the excitement generated by the hot start had fizzled.

âAfter we went on the five-game losing streak, I donât think even the [airport] baggage people came out to meet us,â Riggs said, laughing. âIt was, âYou have the key. Let yourself in.â But it certainly it was a great time for something to happen in the city. We thought we got some things turned around.â

The 2004 Falcons had higher hopes than the 1984 team but their big season came one year later than expected.

Anticipation was high for the 2003 season after the Falcons became the first team in NFL history to win a playoff game at Green Bayâs Lambeau Field the previous January. Those hopes took a hit when star quarterback Michael Vick suffered a leg fracture during the 2003 preseason and was out for most of the year.

Vick was healthy for the 2004 season but Jim Mora had replaced Dan Reeves as coach.

âJim Mora thought we could still capture the momentum [from 2002] that we thought was gone,â said Alge Crumpler, Atlantaâs Pro Bowl tight end in 2004. âAs the season got going we found out we had something pretty special.â

Atlantaâs 4-0 start included victories at San Francisco, vs. the Rams and Cardinals, and at Carolina. The Falcons lost two of their next three games before another four-game winning streak sent them on their way to an 11-5 record. Atlanta defeated the Rams in the divisional playoffs before losing at Philadelphia in the conference championship game.

Statistically, the 2004 Falcons were mediocre on both sides of the ball and were prone to wild swings in performance, especially on offense. They had six games in which they scored 14 points or less and four games in which they scored 30 points or more.

Crumpler said the 2004 team had âone of the closest-knit locker rooms I ever hadâ and showed character through adversity.

âWe were a little inconsistent, at best, but I felt like there wasnât a team on our schedule we felt like we couldnât beat,â Crumpler said. âI think as I watch this yearâs team they are more consistent.â

The 2012 Falcons also say they are a close group with good chemistry. Crumpler noted that these Falcons have more offensive talent than the 2004 team, which relied heavily on Vick and Warrick Dunn to churn out rushing yards.

Riggs said, unlike the current Falcons, the 1986 team âdidnât really have all the pieces to make that kind of [championship] run.â Archer said another difference between the current Falcons and both the 1986 and 2004 teams is âthey expect to win.â

âYou saw against Carolina [on Sunday], they had the ball at the one [on the final drive] and still had a ânever say dieâ attitude,â Archer said.

The Falcons rallied to defeat the Panthers and remain one of three undefeated teams. The Texans are 4-0 for the first time in their short history and the Cardinals last were 4-0 in 1974.

Crumpler said the Falcons shouldnât take their strong start for granted.

âThe longer you play, the more you realize how hard it is to win in this league and appreciate the good things that happen to you,â he said. âNothing is easy in this league.â

The unit 29th against the run (146.2 yards per game), ninth against the pass (206.8 yards) and it has forced the opposing quarterbacks into a passer rating of 68.7, which is fifth lowest in the NFL.

THATS IT!
superbobdabest
superbobdabest
305 posts
Nomad

The unbeaten Arizona Cardinals face the Rams at St. Louis on Thursday in a division that in just two years has gone from the NFLâs weakest to one of its closest fought.

well they lost
theyve been having close wins and now i think cardnials is heading downhill

THATS IT!

alot

who do you think will hold the undeafeted year longer texans or falcons

id say texans because i think they are a more complete team compared to the falcons
falcons offense might be better but houston's defense and special teams is what will be the difference
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Cardinals lose. Very good defensive play from the Rams. They pressured and hit Kevin Kolb hard.

Falcons are still undefeated so far. Griffin took a wham on that play. Kirk Cousins came in and threw a good deep ball. But in the end. Their efforts were not enough to knock off the Falcons. But Panthers should've beat last week. Clumsy mistake by Cam Newton. I guess he was excited and knew that he would get the first down. But forgot about the ball.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

*checks AG SportsCenter*
So...any baseball talk? No? Oh...alright then..
*leaves in disappointment*

Showing 76-90 of 106