ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros.

103 16525
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I really like Super Smash Bros. I have some really good memories of playing the first one on N64 when I was a little kid. I think Brawl is a really great game. It is deffinetly one of my favorite Wii games.

• 103 Replies
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

bALANCED bRAWL EVERYTHING IS FIXED.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

the stongest best cutist carachter is wait for it wait for it YOSHI ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY CAN BEAT ME BRING IT ONNNNN

Meta Knight is pretty universally agreed to be the strongest/best character. Imo, Kirby is the cutest. Yoshi is fun to play as but I would place him in the middle for best to worst.
qaz2132
qaz2132
3 posts
Nomad

Ohh that brings back so many memories I have always loved SSB

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I have seen some pretty good low tier players beat high tier characters (lost quite a few coins because of this)

I don't really think that meta knight deserves his own tier, and some other high tiers aren't that great either.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

2nd best in the game though, easily able to kill multiple players no matter the place and possibly harm them the next life.

Best one are Wolf's, Falco's, and Fox's. You can fly it up and take your opponents out. Blast your opponents. So, basically you can't run away from it.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I'm pretty good with Marth and Link. My favorite was the n64 version, though.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Best one are Wolf's, Falco's, and Fox's. You can fly it up and take your opponents out. Blast your opponents. So, basically you can't run away from it.

I would agree those are among the best (Except Fox's, which is shorter, unable to fly for as long, and slower than Falco's and Wolf's) and that Falco's is the best, easily able to kill multiple people twice. Wolf's is probably third best, and the best it gets without me calling it overpowered. It's strong but short lasting.

I'm pretty good with Marth and Link. My favorite was the n64 version, though.

The original game was the most unbalanced (Kirby/Pikachu were extremely strong.) but it was fun.

I have seen some pretty good low tier players beat high tier characters (lost quite a few coins because of this)

Items, player skill, the stage, and luck all factor into it. No one is saying it's impossible for the failpuff to kill Meta Knight (I have done it a few times and seriously pissed my brother off) but it doesn't happen often, and it only happens when things really go well for one person and not so well for the other.

I don't really think that meta knight deserves his own tier, and some other high tiers aren't that great either.

Meta Knight is extremely good. His attacks are fast, strong, mid-long range, he can fly, recover from any distance after being knocked off the stage as long as he doesn't outright die, has a decent final smash and doesn't get knocked around any more than a mid-light weight character should. Basically he's just too good all around.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Imo, Kirby is the cutest

You have to give "the failpuff" that one.

I don't necessarily think Sonic is the best he's just fun to play with for me, just running back and forth in Bridge of Eldin can be entertaining with him :P

His B move is actually pretty pathetic as it does barely any damage and it is easily dodgeable.

Hate it when players spam Squirtle's undamageable over+B...
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

You have to give "the failpuff" that one.
No, purin doesn't eat enemies, kirby is cuter.

p.s. something that is really ridiculous. use wario man's side b on big blue.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Hate it when players spam Squirtle's undamageable over+B...

Just jump on his back...he flips over and you get a free smash...It's one of the worst moves in the game, easily able to kill yourself with it, extremely vulnerable, slow, no impact, low damage. Walking up to them and doing nothing as a bluff is probably better.

p.s. something that is really ridiculous. use wario man's side b on big blue.

At places where there's floating platforms you can catch the back tire of Wario's bike on them and spin around them if you do it right.

As for funny things...my top 3 are probably...

Killing someone who's riding the dragoon, double suicide up w/ Kirby's up grab, and the recurring bomb-omb/mine/exploding capsule spawn when I'm swinging my sword at someone with Ike.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

hoe do you kill someone on the dragoon?

p.s. I play with items off, so the bob-omb/mine/exploding capsule thing hasn't really ever happened to me.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

hoe do you kill someone on the dragoon?

It was a glitch and I haven't yet been able to repeat it...but they went through my attack and when they would normally fall back down, instead they did the "hit the screen" death after finishing.

I also had a glitch where I died below the stage on Onett after being squished through the floor by Falco's tank. And where I fell through the stage randomly at Castle Siege. I'm super unlucky >.<

p.s. I play with items off, so the bob-omb/mine/exploding capsule thing hasn't really ever happened to me.

Items off has its ups and downs. It's more skill based but it's not as fun. My friends and I usually play on the lowest item setting.

As for the exploding item spawning, it happens regularly for me when I'm Ike. On average at least once every 3 games.
Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

That game was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced because the day we beat that game the next day we never found our gameboy cartridge for it ever again .

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

That game was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced because the day we beat that game the next day we never found our gameboy cartridge for it ever again .

How is that strange at all. There is no "Gameboy Cartridge" for SSBB that I'm aware of. Being unable to find one is perfectly normal...
PowerOfSauce
PowerOfSauce
502 posts
Shepherd

It's one of the worst moves in the game

Ganondorf's up-tilt would like to have a word with you.

At least the shell thing is some type of approach. Ganon's up-tilt is so slow that your opponent could taunt right under it and still start a combo on you.
Showing 31-45 of 103