ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros.

103 16511
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I really like Super Smash Bros. I have some really good memories of playing the first one on N64 when I was a little kid. I think Brawl is a really great game. It is deffinetly one of my favorite Wii games.

• 103 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Ganondorf's up-tilt would like to have a word with you.

I said one of the worst, not the worst. Read through the last 2-3 pages and you'll see I already mentioned Ganondorf in detail.

I have a secret technique (Well, not really too secret) with Kirby that's fun, which I call the Bumper Sword. It's where I repeatedly throw a bumper at people close up and re-catch it, using the strong impact to kill people with low damage

Another is with a bomb-omb, I will shield as the person tries to hit me at the right moment, causing it to explode and hurt them but not me. Or I will grab someone who has a bomb and hit them, causing them to explode and I take no damage.

One more would be the rolling crate, which I will stand on and hit and charge up a smash to hit people while moving.

Anyone else having any items they like to use in non-standard ways?
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I already mentioned Ganondorf in detail.

The problem with Ganondorf in Brawl is that he is too slow, like you said. But that was because he was way too fast in Melee which made him slightly overpowered.
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Ganondorf actually was also considered one of the worst in the game in Melee.

Syth9
Syth9
18 posts
Farmer

I rarely play brawl, but my brother and I play ssb n64 on the comp quite often.
My favorite character to use is probably dk, but I can kick butt with Mario and Kirby especially well. My brother is always using Ness - for some reason, I rarely defeat him when he is Ness, but I can't seem to figure out why he's so good otherwise I would just counterstrategise.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Ganondorf actually was also considered one of the worst in the game in Melee.

I personally never used him enough to really be okay with him, but he's ranked upper-middle tier officially.

I rarely defeat him when he is Ness, but I can't seem to figure out why he's so good otherwise I would just counterstrategise.

Ness is probably the 2nd worst character on the first game. What attacks does he use?
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Complete tier list.

Falco is the best veteran in brawl. Ganondorf, zelda, and link are all in bottom tier. Marth is in the exact same place #5. Purin has moved all over the place.

p.s. I think some people would disagree with C.F. placing.

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Corrections I would make to the list in Brawl...

Wario to F rank. -4 -1B+1F
Ice Climbers to F rank. -4 -1B+1F
Lucario to E rank. -2 -1C+1E
Wolf to B rank. +2 +1B-1D
Rob to B rank. +3 +1B-1E
Sonic to G rank. -2 -1E+1G
Ike to C rank. +3 +1C-1F
Ness to H rank. -2 -1F+1H
Samus to E rank. +2 -1G+1E
Zelda to E rank. +3 +1E-1H
Link to G rank. +1 +1G-1H

B places = same
C places = same
D places = -1
E places = +1
F places = same
G places = +1
H places = -1

Total change to all ranks added cancels to 0 btw, which I find interesting because I counted afterwards and it just happened to be that way. It's also funny how the relative number of each were largely kept the same.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Ice climbers actually have some strength, but once nana dies, the strength of that player plummets.

It is funny how some characters have moved around, Purin going from mid bottom, to high, to bottom.

~~~Darth Caedus

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

Ice climbers actually have some strength, but once nana dies, the strength of that player plummets.

Somewhat. They can pile on damage quickly and the double item thing is nice, but they have short range and Nana can be notoriously stupid. It's very easy to separate and kill her.

It is funny how some characters have moved around, Purin going from mid bottom, to high, to bottom.

Who is 'Purin." For some reason I'm thinking you mean Kirby.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i think purin is jigglypuf... in a language...? XP

id put them this way (then again... i might be really subjective)

diddy kong to D
snake to D
wario to F
ice climbers to F
olimar to G
pikachu to A
DDD to E
zero suit samus to E
fox to A
wolf to B
peach to H or G
donkey kong to C or B
kirbey to C
rob to G
pit to D
sonic to D or C
ike to A
zelda to E
sheik to B or A
ness to D
lucas to C or B
C.falcon to A (what is he doing down there???)
link to E
jiggly to G

oh and i just noticed pokemon trainer and toon link.

toon link stays there and pokemon trainer goes to E

then again. i didnt pay attention to where i gave them new location comparing to other characters.i just went through it quickly

Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

diddy kong to D
snake to D

Both of those characters are bordering OP. Snake has a lot of glitches/advantages, and Diddy is fast/strong and if you use his bananas he's got a huge advantage.

olimar to G

Nah. Olimar is near invincible in a ground fight. His only drawback is sometimes the pikmin screw up and don't link for his up+b, and that if they all die he has 2 attacks.

rob to G

Rob is very good. He has lots of quick, powerful, long ranged moves, a deflector, strong grabs, a great up+b for recovering, and can spam dodge. I once dodged every shot from a cracker barrel launcher at point blank range at the fastest possible firing speed just by spamming the down dodge. Including when it was thrown at me once out.

C.falcon to A (what is he doing down there???)

Captain Falcon is okay...but he's definitely not A, B, C, or D material. On another note, Captain Falcon has grown steadily more homosexual since the first game. Reasons for this are unknown, but it is undeniable.

jiggly to G

Nooooo~~~ Jiggly is definitely one of the worst two characters in the game. I would say that she's only better than Ganondorf because she can actually move around stages.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Captain Falcon is okay...but he's definitely not A, B, C, or D material. On another note, Captain Falcon has grown steadily more homosexual since the first game. Reasons for this are unknown, but it is undeniable.

never played the games.... so i dont know about that XP still, i think he has a pretty nice balance of speed and power. then again.... thats all he got. maybe your right. him and sonic arent that different except for having good/lame specials.

wait a minute... is it just a coincidence that luigi in dress glitch is used with C. falcons smash?

i think we might be on to something
Kasic
Kasic
5,557 posts
Jester

never played the games.... so i dont know about that XP

I meant in the Super Smash Bros series. I've never played any F-Zero games either.

Just...think about it.

him and sonic arent that different except for having good/lame specials.

Nah, Captain Falcon is better. He's harder to knock around and has some good impact moves like his over+a in the air and his left/right smash. Sonic only has one killing move and it's not that strong. While his final smash isn't as strong as Sonic's (which I consider to be the best one that isn't OP) it is still good.

...unlike Jigglypuff's final, which is the second worst in the game. Only Mario's is worse.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

...unlike Jigglypuff's final, which is the second worst in the game. Only Mario's is worse.

actually its pretty amazing in small arenas and can even take off flying enemies. and from a lower place it ignores all ceilings too.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

id say the ice climbers one is the worst. you can pretty much totally avoid it if you stick on a ledge. and even if you dont... it doesnt do much damage. peach is pretty horibble too. same with olimar (but with good timing it gives some damage)

Showing 46-60 of 103