ForumsGamesSuper Smash Bros.

103 16526
Sauron23
Sauron23
275 posts
Peasant

I really like Super Smash Bros. I have some really good memories of playing the first one on N64 when I was a little kid. I think Brawl is a really great game. It is deffinetly one of my favorite Wii games.

• 103 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

actually its pretty amazing in small arenas and can even take off flying enemies. and from a lower place it ignores all ceilings too.

Nah. Most characters can easily avoid it just by jumping away right before it starts to push you away aside from the expansion, and then just jump back and watch it deflate. It's only a slight problem at small places with characters who can't jump well/stay in the air long.

id say the ice climbers one is the worst. you can pretty much totally avoid it if you stick on a ledge. and even if you dont... it doesnt do much damage

That's definitely down there. About equal with Jiggly's, if slightly better because it's likely to at least give them -some- damage and limit their movement.

peach is pretty horibble too.

Nah. If you use it right you do 40% damage to them and basically get a chance to kill them with a full charged smash and a free 50-90% heal.

same with olimar (but with good timing it gives some damage)

I swear I remember being able to control the direction the spaceship fell, left/right movement, but for the life of me I can't recall how to do it.

Kirby's final smash isn't too great either. It's easy to keep out of, and if you're Olimar you can SERIOUSLY abuse it by spam picking pikmin into the pot for like a minute, then millions of items fly out and you get them all because Kirby is stuck watching crap fly out of the pot.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

im also kind of surprised that lucas is under ness. except for his side smash and side special i really cant see why he is better.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Instead if what is the worst final smash, what is the weirdest.

my vote goes to Peach Blossom,

some runner ups are Negative zone and volt tackle (How does pikachu turn into a ball of light?)

for worst, ZSS's is pretty bad, as everyone you catch is knocked away so you can't hit them with that final hitbox.

~~~Darth Caedus

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Weirdest one?

Yoshi Dragon or Game&Watch Squid.

Worst Final Smash is Mario's, hands down. You're lucky to give someone 10 damage with it, if anything. It has virtually no chance to kill anyone regardless of their damage % and is slow/easy to see coming and easy to dodge.

ZSS's is okay, you just have to know what distance to use it from. Small characters can be flung around and sent off screen pretty easily even with low damage.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Worst Final Smash is Mario's, hands down. You're lucky to give someone 10 damage with it, if anything. It has virtually no chance to kill anyone regardless of their damage % and is slow/easy to see coming and easy to dodge.

probably yes. ive never tried it but what if you use it from really really close? i think the opponent gets hit (not sure from what) before the fire is released and then gets hit by the fire. if thats true then its not that difficult to hit with it
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

probably yes. ive never tried it but what if you use it from really really close?

They get hit a few times if they don't dodge/jump/shield and then it moves past them. Unless they have a lot of damage, where it may carry them back a little further. The most I've ever seen it do is around 25-30% damage, and kills a few times at the edge of the screen with 80%+ damage.

if thats true then its not that difficult to hit with it

Hitting with it isn't the problem. The problem is the wave pattern it moves in and low impact/damage makes it hit maybe once or twice before just moving through them and leaving the character relatively unharmed.

You can hit with just about any move if you manage to break their shield, trip them, or hit them with another move first and chain it. Only moves that take forever to activate (such as Ganondorf's/Captain Falcon's b move, or Ganondorf's up+a, or Ike's left/right smash) give the opponent a chance to get away. The same goes for most final smashes, where it just activates (Zelda/Ike/Marth/Link/Luigi, etc). For most, where it manuevers the player in some way, like growing/changing/action animation give enough time to recover from hits.

Other categories...

Best Final Smash: Falco. Fast, strong, all around hitting tank which takes up the majority of small stages and can fly off players to kill them above after they respawn officially make his OP. It is possible to kill someone 3 times if you do it exactly right. (runner up would be Sonic.)

Coolest Final Smash: Samus. While most final smashes are corny expressions of character traits, a giant beam of energy which ends in a character transformation definitely takes the top. (runner up would be Zelda/Shiek.)

Most Fun Item: Green shell. Seriously, who doesn't get a little anxious when one of these appears? Strong impact, reusable, can rebound in funny ways and a classic item. Not only can you throw it, you can jump on it, throw other items at it, or reverse its direction without a reflector. Other uses included wiping out multiple players in a single action, using it to get another jump or skill shots to hit players not in a linear path.

Worst Feature in the Game: I'm split between Resetti and tripping. One is an annoying mole which never shuts up if some annoying person decides to hit it and the other screws up matches.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Seeing this thread on the front page made me log in.

Well done, AG, well done.

Worst feature is tripping, rest of the thread is tl;dr. Might lurk, say hi.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Best Final Smash
Super sonic, (also, Wolf's final smash has more power and is just as maneuverable as falco's)

Coolest Final Smash
Critical hit

Most Fun Item
Cracker launcher, nuff said.

Worst Feature in the Game
Tripping, especially during intense boss battles.

~~~Darth Caedus
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Super sonic, (also, Wolf's final smash has more power and is just as maneuverable as falco's)

While Super Sonic is good, it's not better than Falco's. You can dodge it/survive hits from it.

Wolf's IS stronger and moves faster, but it lasts a shorter amount of time. Falco's is still strongest because of how long the tank is there for, easily letting you kill people twice almost every time.

Critical Hit

Meh. Marth's is kind of boring. He just rushes across the place and stabs someone and a health bar goes down. All the characters who use a sword aside from Meta Knight have more interesting ones.

I wouldn't mind tripping so much if there was an option to turn it off/on. The fact that you can't is what annoys me so much.
Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

While Super Sonic is good, it's not better than Falco's. You can dodge it/survive hits from it.

laynext=1&list=PL0C707813AA63D9F6&feature=results_main">how to dodge final smashes.

fun fact: you can not actually fly when using super sonic in sonic colors. (you just boost infinity, kill enemies on contact, and have a doubled jump.)

Marth's final smash is cool because of the start up sequence.

I mean this part
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/hidden02/hidden02_080207r-l.jpg
etc10
etc10
3 posts
Nomad

i like pit he is awesome

SniperBullet
SniperBullet
40 posts
Peasant

link is a boss

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

i like pit he is awesome
He has some nice smashes, but his special moves are pretty bad.

link is a boss
Only if you are playing as dark link.

Link is slow, horrible jumper, and his clone has slightly better moves, (but dark toon link looks wierd.)

p.s. The entire link design, including Dark Link, was based on Twilight Princess. (not including pallette swaps for gold, blue, and red.)

p.p.s. If anyone wants to exchange friend codes, leave a message on my profile.

~~~Darth Caedus
SniperBullet
SniperBullet
40 posts
Peasant

meta knight is also pretty cool

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

He has some nice smashes, but his special moves are pretty bad

I feel the reverse. His smashes aren't all that great, but his abilities are good. Two different reflectors, one which can block melee hits and the other which can be used as an attack, guided arrows, flight with up+b and gliding with jumpx2+left/right.

Link is slow, horrible jumper, and his clone has slightly better moves, (but dark toon link looks wierd.)

Toon link is better than Link yes, but I don't think Link is too bad. I'd place him just below the middle, around F rank. His moves are strong and he's somewhat hard to knock around, and he has long ranged moves.
Showing 61-75 of 103