ForumsWEPRWhats with this Kim Dotcom situation ?

10 3969
Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

I saw & video on youtube and it was something about a raid whats with that ?

• 10 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Basically he was the founder of Megaupload and his house was raided and he was arrested for copyright and piracy charges.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Oh ok thanks i had never heard of him until i saw the video on youtube well now i know...anyway thanks

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

Basically he was the founder of Megaupload and his house was raided and he was arrested for copyright and piracy charges.

It's pointless to raid an Internet pirate. I'm fairly certain a subpoena would have done the trick with less psychological scarring.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

He was raided in his home in my former country, New Zealand. I call Mr Dotcom "Jelly Man". Any who have seen him can guess why.

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

Yeah i saw his pic he is a pretty big guy

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

It's pointless to raid an Internet pirate. I'm fairly certain a subpoena would have done the trick with less psychological scarring.

Not going to judge anything here. It was flashy. But he had a security team if I don't recall wrongly. It was still over the top though.
PanzerTank
PanzerTank
1,708 posts
Nomad

Basically he was the founder of Megaupload and his house was raided and he was arrested for copyright and piracy charges

That sounds pretty crazy, raiding a house with cops and guns just because someone is watching movies online and allows other people to watch movies with him.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

It was not just your average internet pirate, this was a man who made millions of it, off what amounts basically to theft if the charges were correct.

Krill11
Krill11
98 posts
Peasant

Yah, I was thinking that he must have either been a really bad pirate and left his business-card somewhere obvious and illegal, or he was a really bad pirate in the "he was good" way.

Was he really famous though? that is a scary thought...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Megaupload is famous, he might not have been because how often does one check who founded which website?

Showing 1-10 of 10