Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Zoning Law Prevents 13 Year Old From Selling Hot Dogs

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 10:48pm

halogunner

halogunner

766 posts

it won't hurt to let anyone else sell hot dogs either.

except all of the small business resturaunts in the area

Posted Aug 15, '12 at 8:29pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

No, the government can NOT be allowed to pick favorites. Everyone should be able to sell hot dogs as the kid was. If it won't hurt to let the kid with sick parents sell hot dogs, it won't hurt to let anyone else sell hot dogs either.

Well, obviously i don't think favouritism is right, but i think due to circumstances, looking the other way could have potentially helped them keep their home?

except all of the small business resturaunts in the area

Although most people are saying it wouldn't be that big of a deal - it could turn out to be. If the majority of kids took to the streets selling things, business could suffer. I think the occasional few are really no harm.

Posted Aug 15, '12 at 9:01pm

NoNameC68

NoNameC68

5,072 posts

Knight

Well, obviously i don't think favouritism is right, but i think due to circumstances, looking the other way could have potentially helped them keep their home?

It would be best if it was legal in the first place.

Although most people are saying it wouldn't be that big of a deal - it could turn out to be. If the majority of kids took to the streets selling things, business could suffer. I think the occasional few are really no harm.

Well, yes and no. It wouldn't just be legal for kids to have food carts, it would be legal for everyone. If more people opened food carts to the point where the restaurants couldn't keep up, then that means the people running the carts would be making more money. It would be beneficial to the people running the food carts.

Who cares if opening food carts will hurt restaurant's businesses? By not allowing food carts, you hurt the food cart business. Either way, someone's business gets hurt. It's better to let competition hurt a business than government zoning laws.

Posted Aug 16, '12 at 12:21am

halogunner

halogunner

766 posts

. It's better to let competition hurt a business than government zoning laws.

yes I deeply agree with this

Posted Aug 16, '12 at 12:17pm

samiel

samiel

355 posts

wow i thought that the two girls who had there lemonade stand shut down was bad and seriosly who was that judge i mean this is probably how they found him."Ok whos the biggest absolute most stupid and imoral person we can find""I KNOW OSAMA BINLADEN!"I dont think i spelled the nam right but you get the idea

Posted Aug 16, '12 at 11:06pm

light_chaser

light_chaser

659 posts

what is this I don even--

no. just, no.

I'm moving to Antarctica, anyone coming with me?

that's dumb, the company agreed to it, too.

Reply to Zoning Law Prevents 13 Year Old From Selling Hot Dogs

You must be logged in to post a reply!