Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Bands you would go see live

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 7:29pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Killersup went to go see asking alexandria live one time.......it was horrible.They are good for like their music videos and stuff like that but they suck live,sad fact.

I have yet to find a good live metal band. You know BMTH? Oliver Sykes sings. He doesn't scream at all. 95% of the vocal tracks on albums are done with programming. He fakes it.

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 8:08pm

cherrysnowball

cherrysnowball

15 posts

Green Day would be awesome to see live ^_^ I love Green Day :3

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 8:46pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

I have yet to find a good live metal band. You know BMTH? Oliver Sykes sings. He doesn't scream at all. 95% of the vocal tracks on albums are done with programming. He fakes it.

you know of "bring me the horizon"? hmmmm a good conversation should come out of this some time in the future.Yes Killersup knows of Oliver Sykes :D

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 10:48pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I have heard that August Burns Red in concert is at least as good as on album. The problem is that they don't really do much improv, so they don't really expand all that much besides what you could hear on one of their CDs. I myself have never seen them in concert, but they're from my area so there are a lot of people who talk about them.

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 8:44pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,831 posts

I used to be the one guy in the pack that stayed home whenever the rest went to a concert... why? I honestly don't know!! But for a couple of years now, I went to see a mile long list of bands, either at a single concert or at a festival and there aren't that many bands left that I still haven't seen and really-really-really want to.

But if I had to make a short list on the bands I still need to see before I die...

# Van Halen (top of the list!!!)
# Status Quo (maybe soon...)
# ZZ Top
# Y&T (Soon! Yay!)
# Poison
# Tesla (missed that one)
# White Lion (missed that one too! *growls*)
# Steel Panther (have their awesome CD's, but haven't seen them live yet)
# Manowar (still tossing the coin for that one)
# Antrax (last of the big 4 I need to go to)

To name a few... =)

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 12:04am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,241 posts

I have yet to find a good live metal band

System of a Down is great live (except for when they played a live show for MTV, though they sounded bad on purpose because they hate MTV)

Deftones apparently is a hit or miss when it comes to live shows

Dir en Grey seems to be a very good live band...and I love the fact that Kyo (lead singer) will still give his all while singing even after doing 20 songs and looking like he could keel over any second

I could list more but don't want to be a bother =p

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 5:14am

ellielovescute666

ellielovescute666

49 posts

I would go and see:

~Muse
~The Beatles
~The Eagles
~Foster the People
~Monsters of Men
~Chase & Status
~Beastie Boys
~Asking Alexandria
~You Me At Six
~Skrillex

Most of my Favourite singers are Soloists. Though these are my favourite bands and I would definitely go and see all of them live... Muse Super Massive Black Hole was great on their tour!! Would recommend seeing them! : )

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 6:28am

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,560 posts

Sabaton
Nightwish again
Bullet for my Valentine
Probably more but I don't remember right now.

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 7:35pm

Drink

Drink

1,551 posts

not many i would see live.. but heres a short list

1.Blink 182
2.Simple Plan
3.Rob Zombie
4.Marilyn Manson

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 1:21am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,241 posts

Going to see Enter Shikari tomorrow (or should I say today haha)...goin to be awesome!

Reply to Bands you would go see live

You must be logged in to post a reply!