ForumsPopular MediaBands you would go see live

33 14416
viper631
viper631
7 posts
Nomad

What bands would you go and see live? or would go see again? (dead or alive) just make a list of the bands you would see.
Mine would be
Disturbed, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Thousand Foot Krutch, Trapt, 30 Seconds to Mars (again), Sick Puppies, Volbeat, Skillet or Third Eye Blind,

again just make a list of who you would see or go see again (you can even count in people that have died i.e Nirvana, Sublime)

• 33 Replies
Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

not many i would see live.. but heres a short list

1.Blink 182
2.Simple Plan
3.Rob Zombie
4.Marilyn Manson

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Going to see Enter Shikari tomorrow (or should I say today haha)...goin to be awesome!

Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

Number one of all time for me is Pearl Jam! Love them and have seen them something like 7 times in concert. They rock.
Also have seen (in no particular order): Red hot chili peppers, system of a down, flogging molly, Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains (new edition, would have loved to have seen original lineup with Layne), Sean Wheeler and Zander Schloss (They are really cool), Chris Cornell, Marc Lanegan, Primus, Metallica, Eagles of Death Metal (Definitely worth checking out), Radiohead, and probably some more I'm not remembering.

I would love to have seen Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Eric Clapton (in his prime, i know he's not dead).

I would still like to go see Wolfmother and the black keys.

Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

and Muse, I forgot them. But i don't like their newest album... I heard that the lead singer just had a baby, and thats why this new album is so quiet and subdued, and all i can think about when I hear the new songs is him trying to sing quietly so as to not wake his new baby... lol

116 posts
Nomad

Blink 182 or Sum 41. Would be pretty intense to watch.

Also, maybe Matchbox 20, Rob Thomas (from what i've seen and heard) sounds amazing live... Even though I'm not a huge fan of their songs.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

alright...so saw Enter Shikari today (along with other bands)...review time!!

First band - Letlive.
Band - 8/10 - They did an absolutely amazing job. I had no idea who they were but I was definitely getting into their performance. And the singer put on an amazing show..claiming on a bunch of stuff and interacting with the crowd greatly
Crowd energy - 4/10 - Very few people new who they were, and since they were the first act no one really had much interest in them, which was quite a shame
Crowd Activity - 3/10 - Only like 15 people were getting into it. Should have been much more
-Got a poster of theirs after the show...the singer was at the merchandise table so I asked if he would sign it (which he happily did) and then I shook his hand and told him they did an absolutely amazing show...I loved the sincerity of his Thank You

Second band - I See Stars
Band - 2.5/10 - One word, headache. They performed well...for their music. Just not my cup of tea. And when they started rapping..
Crowd Energy - 5.5/10 - Was surprised by this..I had no clue who this bad was, but a solid 1/3 of the people there did
Crowd Activity - 6.5/10 - Had some good sized mosh pits going (also..this concert further reinforced the stereotype that Americans are terrible at mosh pits)

Third band - Enter Shikari
Band - 9.5/10 - There is a reason they won Kerrang!'s Best Live Band award twice...this band knows how to perform. The energy from the band mates, even when they weren't moving much at times, was unbelievable. The sound was purely awesome as well...a must see live band
Crowd Energy - 7.5/10 - Was actually surprised at how many other people were getting into...I thought I'd be one of a few...but there was quite a good amount of people rocking out.
Crowd Activity - 8.5/10 - By far the best at the concert, the mosh pits were insane (I mean...they actually became proper mosh pits at times!)...so many people jumping to the music..pretty sure I was forced to dry hump a few people with how everyone was pushing towards the stage (and got dry humped myself a few times -_-)
-Went from near the back of the crowd to the front...I wanted to get close to that band and nobody be stopping me!
-Was drenched in sweat after they got done...and I was **** proud of it

Last band - Falling in Reverse
Band - 7/10 - Not my type of music, but they played quite well. Not much activity from most of them though, mainly the singer and bassist (also...the singer's spinning of the mic from the cable got old quite quickly...maybe got exciting a bit again around the 50th time..but not for long)
Crowd Energy - 9/10 - Not surprising, mostly everyone there was there to see this band. Just me and a few others just kind of like "meh"
Crowd Activity - 2.5/10 - Surprising right? You'd think with all that energy there'd be quite a lot of activity...but not the case here. Yeah there was a good number of people body surfing, but other than that and people holding their hands up for the music, nothing much else happened. Took until the about the 4th song for a mosh pit to finally form, and even then it only lasted about 20 seconds. A second one formed about a song later, lasted only like 10 seconds.

In my opinion, Enter Shikari stole the show, after them I'd go with Letlive. for their performance

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Some of these are just artists, but same difference.

Animal Collective
The Beatles
Bob Marley
Cults
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
The Flaming Lips
Flying Lotus
Grimes
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
M83
Pink Floyd
Electric Light Orchestra

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I would go watch Linkiln Park SwitchFoot and The Roots

LucasEM
LucasEM
27 posts
Scribe

Coldplay
Gorillaz
Imagine Dragons
The XX
Linkin Park
SKRILLEX

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

I have never been to a concert before to be honest. The ones I would like to go see though are...

Rammstein
Lamb of God
Disturbed

Thats all I got for now...

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Mumford & Sons.
Swedish House Mafia.
Linkin Park.

There are others too, but that would be my top 3.

Drink
Drink
1,622 posts
Blacksmith

if there close by and i can afford tickets id go see

Blink 182
Simple Plan
Rob Zombie
Marilyn Manson

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

And now for some bands that most people seem to not listen to anymore

Those I've seen live

REO Speedwagon
Night Ranger
Styx

Soon to see:
The Moody Blues

Would like to see:
RUSH!!!!

I have to say, the three bands I've already seen had a ton of energy for being their ages. Night Ranger sounded fantastic and REO put on an even better show (though some of their songs are cheesy 80s Pop. most aren't). Styx was a little disappointing, as their was lip syncing occurring with at least the song "Miss America", as the singers voice sounds great there, while in a 1996 concert, his voice is nearly shot.

As for The Moody Blues, I'm looking forward to seeing them due to their amazing songwriting and incorporation of orchestras in their set.

Finally, I would badly like to see Rush. These three are who brought me to prog rock, and Geddy Lee is my main inspiration for playing bass now. To see them live would be amazing.

Dank you for shopping at de Quik-E-Mart, Come again.

indianajones1
indianajones1
74 posts
Nomad

I was never at a concert.So when I'm older I would like to see:
-Bon Jovi
-Green Day
-RHCP

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

I'd love to see atmosphere live. Slug is such a good live artist. Well, judging from the youtube videos I've seen.

Showing 16-30 of 33