ForumsWEPRFemale-only Cities -- Coming soon to Saudi Arabia

24 10953
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

Basically, some business women in Saudi Arabia thought it would be a good idea to build cities only for working women. For the details and a commentary, please read the following links:

- Article
- Commentary

I just discovered that, I have yet to make my mind on this. So I ask, erudite people of AG, what is your opinion on this? Is it finally a chance for women in Saudi Arabia to shake off the yoke of male patronage, or will this even more extreme segregation backfire horribly?

• 24 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Oh, so such cities already exist? And the concept is working, you say? Do you know how long they have been around?

well in kenya it are towns whit woman that have fleet from their man.
i dunno if it's the same as in saudi. i readed here they were forced and are slaves.
but then again it came from a source where i'm not sure it's even valid info.

sofar i know of these towns exist for about 5 year now in kenya.
(thats how long i know of it. so probably longer then that.)

do you think bigger kind of conflicts could emerge from such a gender division?

i guess it can cause some conflicts. but not bigger then what happend in kenya befor. my guess (and hope) is that those conflicts will make more man think of what is seen as normal in kenya. and over time change the morals they have whit woman.

are the reins still in the hands of the conservative men, even in all-female cities?

there is literally no man involved whit these towns. not a single man is allowed to go in. (except for kids. but i dunno if they are forced out on a certain age)

It's called a joke, i believe you can google the definition.

i'll understand. i would like to live there aswell. no matter where you look, always something nice to look at. man only town would be like hell.

Breaking News.

youve made my day. thx. xD
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

LOL

What makes you laugh like that? At least say something intelligible. If that's the only thing you can utter, you'd rather say nothing at all.
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I have a hard time seeing this working. I am not sure these cities would be able to provide adequate protection for these women. Especially since it is probably highly controversial there.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

only time will tell if that will work in saudi arabia. but we can still gues what could happen.

well, i think that they should not threat women in saudi arabia the way they do. everyone should be equal, no matter what gender, race or religion they have.

xerox
xerox
715 posts
Bard

Saudi Arabia - The only place where you can have 20 woman 20 years younger than you, you can beat em all day, and if you get bored by one of them, she is killed. Then you get 2 new wifes.

Now that i see it, The new female only towns are improvement, because they can be away from the husbands, and train a squad of female assassins. I sense that in 20 to 50 years everything in that country will change, and women will be superior to man.. i mean equal.

VonHeisenbourg
VonHeisenbourg
377 posts
Peasant

Female only cities... How does Saudi Arabia expect this to help at all? This sounds an awful lot like what the Gestapo did to the semitic population in WWII. I don't think will achieve much to anything.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

With the only difference that these female-only cities were proposed by (business) women, to have better professional chances. Which will probably be the case.. though, as you said, I fear that the additional segregation may backfire in some way.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Saudi Arabia - The only place where you can have 20 woman 20 years younger than you, you can beat em all day, and if you get bored by one of them, she is killed. Then you get 2 new wifes.

Can you back this up this with something or you just trolling?
TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

The thoughts behind this is a step in the right direction - the execution of these thoughts is not.

Showing 16-24 of 24