Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Female-only Cities -- Coming soon to Saudi Arabia

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 9:03pm

314d1

314d1

3,510 posts

I meant living in an all female city sounds like heaven - not specifically in their country.

And why- again? You would have equal competition if you where a lesbian, assuming the populations where the same. Really removing the men does nothing to help with anything there...

Giving them the opportunity to work as opposed to having to stay home and look after kids and husbands is a slight progress for them, yes. Maybe not Western Civilizations version of womens rights, but i didn't say that now, did i? :]

Do you know what they call someone with working rights and no other rights? A slave. Having them work is hardly a step up...

I mean, i don't understand why they can't be allowed the step in progress in a mixed gender environment.

....Thanks for clearing that up???

Posted Aug 15, '12 at 6:25am

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,138 posts

And why- again? You would have equal competition if you where a lesbian, assuming the populations where the same. Really removing the men does nothing to help with anything there...

It's called a joke, i believe you can google the definition.

Do you know what they call someone with working rights and no other rights? A slave. Having them work is hardly a step up...

Slaves don't get paid, and tend to have more of a violent condition to live in. I'm assuming these women will be getting paid for their job.

Posted Aug 15, '12 at 4:58pm

314d1

314d1

3,510 posts

A joke? I don't get it.

Slaves don't get paid, and tend to have more of a violent condition to live in. I'm assuming these women will be getting paid for their job.

Since that apparently makes it better?

But then again, I am pretty sure any money they make goes to their husbands, or their father if they are not married. Have not checked up on the law in the aria in a while.

Posted Aug 15, '12 at 5:49pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,041 posts

Knight

A joke? I don't get it.

Breaking News.

But then again, I am pretty sure any money they make goes to their husbands, or their father if they are not married. Have not checked up on the law in the aria in a while.

The women who proposed the project were trying to get better job opportunities and more independence. I doubt they'd have proposed it if they knew they had to give away the money anyway. Besides, I doubt a husband would let his wife go and live in a different city away from him.

Posted Aug 15, '12 at 7:17pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

They don't have to pay a dime to anyone, not even to their kids (they are father's responsibility)

Posted Aug 15, '12 at 9:53pm

EvilMidnightBomber

EvilMidnightBomber

1 post

I think this is a step in the wrong direction, as it only separates the men and women more. They need to come together as equals, not separate. It'd be like the U.S. solving the tensions between blacks and whites before the Civil Rights Act by shipping all the blacks back to Africa.

Posted Aug 16, '12 at 7:54pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

Oh, so such cities already exist? And the concept is working, you say? Do you know how long they have been around?

well in kenya it are towns whit woman that have fleet from their man.
i dunno if it's the same as in saudi. i readed here they were forced and are slaves.
but then again it came from a source where i'm not sure it's even valid info.

sofar i know of these towns exist for about 5 year now in kenya.
(thats how long i know of it. so probably longer then that.)

do you think bigger kind of conflicts could emerge from such a gender division?

i guess it can cause some conflicts. but not bigger then what happend  in kenya befor. my guess (and hope) is that those conflicts will make more man think of what is seen as normal in kenya. and over time change the morals they have whit woman.

are the reins still in the hands of the conservative men, even in all-female cities?

there is literally no man involved whit these towns. not a single man is allowed to go in. (except for kids. but i dunno if they are forced out on a certain age)

i'll understand. i would like to live there aswell. no matter where you look, always something nice to look at. man only town would be like hell.

Breaking News.

youve made my day. thx. xD

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 4:54pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,041 posts

Knight

LOL

What makes you laugh like that? At least say something intelligible. If that's the only thing you can utter, you'd rather say nothing at all.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 1:23pm

Balloon__Girl

Balloon__Girl

194 posts

I have a hard time seeing this working. I am not sure these cities would be able to provide adequate protection for these women. Especially since it is probably highly controversial there.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 6:52pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

only time will tell if that will work in saudi arabia. but we can still gues what could happen.

well, i think that they should not threat women in saudi arabia the way they do. everyone should be equal, no matter what gender, race or religion they have.

Reply to Female-only Cities -- Coming soon to Saudi Arabia

You must be logged in to post a reply!