Forums

ForumsMassive Multiplayer Online Games

The Last Stand: Dead Zone thread

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 5:49pm

Kulmegil_

Kulmegil_

36 posts

@CuirassPolisher
There is limited number of quests, mostly to introduce player to Dead Zone and give him a small amount of extra XP.

A new city zone is unlocked when Your leader progress into a new level.

@NinjaDork
Personally I found that next generation of good long weapons comes later. Found Sportshot rifles 14+ and M24 17+. Guess early picking Recon class is probably not the best option.. although he'll probably r0ck later on.

You only get starting 100 fuel and gathering as much as another ~100 could take all the way to lvl20. But I guess that why premium currency is intended to be bought with cold $.
But 100 fuel is enough to craft around 4-5 great items and probably most efficient way to to spend it.

On the other hand You can actually "win" this MMO, and in a reasonable ammount of time (~2w maybe). There is hardy any content left after 20lvl when You'll have all city unlocked, maxed survivors and likely 90%+ of possible buildings. I assure You can get there without a single drop of fuel or even a single rare gun.

Posted Aug 20, '12 at 11:37pm

kfcbowl

kfcbowl

5 posts

anyone know how attacking other bases works. I have been doing it and its any easy resource gain. however, does it actually take away from another player? I wouldnt want to take their hard work. also can they see who keeps attacking them? any thoughts on this would be helpful

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 7:52am

Aparaat

Aparaat

14 posts

A friendly reminder, check your barricades :) While i've visited some compounds to help with building/upgrading i've noticed that some have theyr barricades the wrong way. Otherwise a good defence position becomes useless.
Make corners or pockets with barricades to make it harder for zombies to reach your survivors. Higher the lvl the faster they get and harder to kill.
Also, dont put your spikes and wires out of your weapon range, zombies may just break them and you wont have any use for slowing them down outside your weapon reach.

Big thanks to everyone who's been helping me with building/upgrading and i'll help those as much as i can also. Unfortunately i cant help some coz they aren't shown on my list most likely coz of the lvl range.

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 12:22pm

CuirassPolisher

CuirassPolisher

30 posts

Thanks for the answer, Kulmegil. I have another question, this time a hypothetical one: is there any way for a survivor to die? To my knowledge, running out of food and/or water or being incapacitated by zombies won't actually kill your survivors.

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 12:55pm

jacob009

jacob009

1 post

Hey guys been playing the game for a while and just wondered if anyone knew where the best place to get rope from.

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 3:46pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,963 posts

hey, anyone on this thread named smiley for deadzone? if you are, let it be known that we are at war with each other. i have attacked you several times already.

~manly man

Posted Aug 21, '12 at 5:34pm

Kulmegil_

Kulmegil_

36 posts

@kfcbowl
Haven't done any raiding yet.
How much resources gain?
Return time? What lvl are You and opponents?

You can steal from storage and prod buildings and obviously yes, those the resources are gone from raided players. You expected that Your man are somehow making a copy of them and putting back on their shelves? ;)

@jacob009
Paypal ;)
Seriously those insignificant (like 1-5  units max) You find are absolutely random. Even raiding lvl1-2 places can result in gain but only if You're lucky.

@COMMUNITY
Hoiw are we stainding out? What lvl's have You reached so far? Is there some score board?
Judging by AG nicks I don't see anyone in my range..

Posted Aug 22, '12 at 10:54am

Aparaat

Aparaat

14 posts

Lvl 16 atm and on my list i see +3 lvls. Idk if the name u see in game is AG nick or the leaders name.

Raiding hardware stores and warehouses gives the best chance. If your survivors are strong enough then u can make 2-3 groups and raid multiple places. Haven't noticed if recycling gear gives ropes or not.

PvP is most effective in exp wise i think, my storages are almost empty all the time coz of the upgrading.

Posted Aug 23, '12 at 8:26am

Aparaat

Aparaat

14 posts

They should do something with the helping system, it's really annoying and time consuming clicking through buildings just to get the message that u've already helped.
Did some math and calculated that i have in my list 102 players whom 78 are friendly and going through all theyr compounds takes more than an hour and half the buildings tell me that i've already helped with upgrading.

Posted Aug 23, '12 at 10:47am

F1nnej4k3

F1nnej4k3

2 posts

is there any chance that the difence of 5 days against attacks will "charge" again?

Reply to The Last Stand: Dead Zone thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!