Forums

ForumsMassive Multiplayer Online Games

The Last Stand: Dead Zone thread

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 12:11pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,863 posts

Does anybody have problems when using the recycler? It doesn't always happen, but sometimes I get a message saying I need to restart the game.

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 12:31pm

Aparaat

Aparaat

14 posts

I have it sometimes when the 'timer' doesnt appear on the recycler. When you try to recycle something while the old timer hasnt counted to 0 you get the restart notice.

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 5:50pm

manbot47

manbot47

4 posts

@Aparaat i played this "game" for 3 days and did little more than watch timers tick by. In all the scavenging i did i found maybe 8 fuel tanks. Outside of that once you leave the first zone even missions have timers before you can do another one. This game punished me at every turn for not spending money, it breeds an OCD addiction to return to the game for each arbitrary timer and is all around a transparent example of unethical game design.

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 7:49pm

NinjaDork

NinjaDork

34 posts

I second that opinion, Manbot47. Aside from the first couple MMO's, it seems armorgames has begun devolving into yet another ****ty collection of timer counters, especially since the rate at which new flash games are added has significantly dropped off.

Posted Aug 26, '12 at 11:39pm

Twelvegageshoty

Twelvegageshoty

31 posts

Yeah, I love the game and its alot of fun, what time you can play it, but yeah every MMO game here seams to be consumed with timers and in later levels to play at any kind of speed you almost just HAVE to buy 'premium currency' just to progress at any kind of speed worth playing. But its so addicting at the same time! It lures you in with the easy short 'less than 5min instant speed up' missions then oh, this one takes 10min no prob.. now 35min... ok.. now 1hour and 45min!? etc. etc. I've rambled on enough you see the point clearly.

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 9:31am

vovann12347

vovann12347

3 posts

It wold be nice if files(skins, mapsbiuldings) needed for game
could be uploaded from server to a local folde for better productivity

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 10:10am

Aparaat

Aparaat

14 posts

Well, it takes my survivors 4 hours to return from mission. I have 10 survivors and i send them out in groups of 2-3, depending on theyr speciality. 4 missions, 20 mins, bit more time on recycling/upgrading and then to help others. That takes me around an hour. Rest of the time i watch some movies or play something else. Havent spent any money on the game and dont see the need either. I found the 1st can of fuel after a week of playing or so, if not counting the ones in the trash piles around the compound.

Btw, maybe u havent thought about it but keeping the site up takes money, server rent/maintnance, ppl wanna get payd for theyr work and without the cash players your wouldnt be playing most mmo/mmorpg-s for free.
And if u'd see a chance to earn bit cash would you say no to it? Anyway, everyone is entitled to theyr oppinion. I've played games like these before and i like them. Spend like 30 min in game and then go have fun with friends or play something else. No1 is forcing u to play btw :)

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 10:31am

vovann12347

vovann12347

3 posts

It woul be good if game contents could be loaded to a local folder and used by game for faster upload

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 10:32am

vovann12347

vovann12347

3 posts

sorry for mistakes

Posted Aug 28, '12 at 7:05pm

melon0111

melon0111

213 posts

This game was regionally a game of Facebook and has been for a while so no call it *new* would be a lie. I have been playing it since like January of February and It is amazing. dont complain about not enough fuel please. Con is just trying to make a living. I am stil only like level 12 though.

Reply to The Last Stand: Dead Zone thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!