ForumsGamesThe Last Stand: Dead Zone thread

340 178131
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Post anything about the new MMO/Strategy/Zombie game made by ConArtist here. Discuss strategies, zombies, different characters, etc.

I have recently started the game. I,(unfortunately), ran out of fuel after about 15 minutes of gameplay, and am now searching for fuel around the map. Any tips on getting a large amount of fuel without paying for it?

• 340 Replies
Kulmegil_
Kulmegil_
35 posts
Herald

Don't mind to answer here but all had already been said far more then once:

1° info source is http://tlaststand.wikia.com

2° info source is https://getsatisfaction.com/deadzone

About the 2nd slot - it's simply not implemented. It is/was suppose to be reserved for "flair"... whatever that means. People asking and waiting for this for over half year but You shall not lose hope

Kulmegil_
Kulmegil_
35 posts
Herald

(second link b0rked because AG odd post formatting mechanism)

CuirassPolisher
CuirassPolisher
31 posts
Peasant

Only rare, upgraded guns give machined parts when recycled. Or you can give in and buy some fuel.

Kulmegil_
Kulmegil_
35 posts
Herald

PS Speaking of... did You notice that after recent changes game spawns ONLY common (gray) weapons and gear?

Zenzational
Zenzational
61 posts
Nomad

Realized this is an old FB game. There is NO way to visit Friends compounds or help them to get the achievement "Help 5 friends" or "Attack 5 friends". Guess those achievements must be earned through Facebook

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

I'm so happy they finally released it here now I don't need a FB account.
So far I find the game very interesting and fun.

Popish10
Popish10
8 posts
Nomad

@Kulmegil

Good news, just now i found some quality items in the city. So, you might loot some quality things.

Kulmegil_
Kulmegil_
35 posts
Herald

Since recent loot tweaking few days You couldn't find any quality item. Con confirmed bug and fixed it a few hours ago. Yeah!

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

[quote] Realized this is an old FB game. There is NO way to visit Friends compounds or help them to get the achievement "Help 5 friends" or "Attack 5 friends". Guess those achievements must be earned through Facebook
[quote]

Just go to the map and click on someone else's compound. When it loads, click an item being constructed or upgraded and hit the top button that appears. Do this 5 times and get the achievement. It will also lower the chances of that player attacking you later.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

^I hate AG's quoting system. >

NinjaDork
NinjaDork
34 posts
Shepherd

I have a question-has the full version of the game actually come out yet? Cause I keep hearing people say that it has, but I can't access any of the features they tell me exist. I can't link my barriers together, it is impossible to craft an item w/o fuel, I haven't found even a single long rifle since I started playing this game (except for a single ****ty old lvl 7 hunter compact), and it still says last stand beta when I log in. These are only a few of the problems I'm having. WTF?

CuirassPolisher
CuirassPolisher
31 posts
Peasant

Yes, it's beta, and the issues you describe will presumably be ironed out in future versions. I myself have encountered a problem, however. After completing the quest "Office Space", I unlocked Northwood but did not receive another quest, which appear to be necessary to unlock areas. Have I broken the questline somehow? (When I completed "Office Space", I had no other available quests).

Kulmegil_
Kulmegil_
35 posts
Herald

@CuirassPolisher
There is limited number of quests, mostly to introduce player to Dead Zone and give him a small amount of extra XP.

A new city zone is unlocked when Your leader progress into a new level.

@NinjaDork
Personally I found that next generation of good long weapons comes later. Found Sportshot rifles 14+ and M24 17+. Guess early picking Recon class is probably not the best option.. although he'll probably r0ck later on.

You only get starting 100 fuel and gathering as much as another ~100 could take all the way to lvl20. But I guess that why premium currency is intended to be bought with cold $.
But 100 fuel is enough to craft around 4-5 great items and probably most efficient way to to spend it.

On the other hand You can actually "win" this MMO, and in a reasonable ammount of time (~2w maybe). There is hardy any content left after 20lvl when You'll have all city unlocked, maxed survivors and likely 90%+ of possible buildings. I assure You can get there without a single drop of fuel or even a single rare gun.

kfcbowl
kfcbowl
5 posts
Peasant

anyone know how attacking other bases works. I have been doing it and its any easy resource gain. however, does it actually take away from another player? I wouldnt want to take their hard work. also can they see who keeps attacking them? any thoughts on this would be helpful

Aparaat
Aparaat
15 posts
Scribe

A friendly reminder, check your barricades While i've visited some compounds to help with building/upgrading i've noticed that some have theyr barricades the wrong way. Otherwise a good defence position becomes useless.
Make corners or pockets with barricades to make it harder for zombies to reach your survivors. Higher the lvl the faster they get and harder to kill.
Also, dont put your spikes and wires out of your weapon range, zombies may just break them and you wont have any use for slowing them down outside your weapon reach.

Big thanks to everyone who's been helping me with building/upgrading and i'll help those as much as i can also. Unfortunately i cant help some coz they aren't shown on my list most likely coz of the lvl range.

Showing 76-90 of 340