ForumsGamesThe Last Stand: Dead Zone thread

340 178133
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Post anything about the new MMO/Strategy/Zombie game made by ConArtist here. Discuss strategies, zombies, different characters, etc.

I have recently started the game. I,(unfortunately), ran out of fuel after about 15 minutes of gameplay, and am now searching for fuel around the map. Any tips on getting a large amount of fuel without paying for it?

• 340 Replies
Aparaat
Aparaat
15 posts
Scribe

Mhm... manbot47, what cant u get in DZ without spending cash? You can loot fuel, you can find better items than are in HERC boxes or on sale. No1 is saying you have to sit behind the screen and watch the timer ticking down as you wait your survivors to come back from a mission.

bibkythecoll, 1. check your graph card 2. buttons 1-5, space and mouse is all u need, how hard can it be?

Kulmegil_
Kulmegil_
35 posts
Herald

Buttons doesn't work in fullscreen mode (except TAB, space & arrow keys). Flash security restriction.

Game has flaws but pay2win isn't one of those.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Does anybody have problems when using the recycler? It doesn't always happen, but sometimes I get a message saying I need to restart the game.

Aparaat
Aparaat
15 posts
Scribe

I have it sometimes when the 'timer' doesnt appear on the recycler. When you try to recycle something while the old timer hasnt counted to 0 you get the restart notice.

manbot47
manbot47
4 posts
Nomad

@Aparaat i played this "game" for 3 days and did little more than watch timers tick by. In all the scavenging i did i found maybe 8 fuel tanks. Outside of that once you leave the first zone even missions have timers before you can do another one. This game punished me at every turn for not spending money, it breeds an OCD addiction to return to the game for each arbitrary timer and is all around a transparent example of unethical game design.

NinjaDork
NinjaDork
34 posts
Shepherd

I second that opinion, Manbot47. Aside from the first couple MMO's, it seems armorgames has begun devolving into yet another ****ty collection of timer counters, especially since the rate at which new flash games are added has significantly dropped off.

Twelvegageshoty
Twelvegageshoty
31 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I love the game and its alot of fun, what time you can play it, but yeah every MMO game here seams to be consumed with timers and in later levels to play at any kind of speed you almost just HAVE to buy 'remium currency' just to progress at any kind of speed worth playing. But its so addicting at the same time! It lures you in with the easy short 'less than 5min instant speed up' missions then oh, this one takes 10min no prob.. now 35min... ok.. now 1hour and 45min!? etc. etc. I've rambled on enough you see the point clearly.

vovann12347
vovann12347
3 posts
Shepherd

It wold be nice if files(skins, mapsbiuldings) needed for game
could be uploaded from server to a local folde for better productivity

Aparaat
Aparaat
15 posts
Scribe

Well, it takes my survivors 4 hours to return from mission. I have 10 survivors and i send them out in groups of 2-3, depending on theyr speciality. 4 missions, 20 mins, bit more time on recycling/upgrading and then to help others. That takes me around an hour. Rest of the time i watch some movies or play something else. Havent spent any money on the game and dont see the need either. I found the 1st can of fuel after a week of playing or so, if not counting the ones in the trash piles around the compound.

Btw, maybe u havent thought about it but keeping the site up takes money, server rent/maintnance, ppl wanna get payd for theyr work and without the cash players your wouldnt be playing most mmo/mmorpg-s for free.
And if u'd see a chance to earn bit cash would you say no to it? Anyway, everyone is entitled to theyr oppinion. I've played games like these before and i like them. Spend like 30 min in game and then go have fun with friends or play something else. No1 is forcing u to play btw

vovann12347
vovann12347
3 posts
Shepherd

It woul be good if game contents could be loaded to a local folder and used by game for faster upload

vovann12347
vovann12347
3 posts
Shepherd

sorry for mistakes

melon0111
melon0111
211 posts
Nomad

This game was regionally a game of Facebook and has been for a while so no call it *new* would be a lie. I have been playing it since like January of February and It is amazing. dont complain about not enough fuel please. Con is just trying to make a living. I am stil only like level 12 though.

aurelius_maximus
aurelius_maximus
22 posts
Peasant

Does anyone mind if I change the subject? I'm new to the game, and I've done some looking around. I've helped some of you (that's if you play on the AG server) and here's some advice (or warning, whatever you want to call it.) If you mess with me, I'll make sure that you'll also hurt. If you help me, I'll make sure that you're also helped. Anyone who helps me, once guilds get introduced, I'll make one for thos of us who don't want to get raided. A little advice for all of you; Defend your resources. That's what non-troll raiders are after.

manbot47
manbot47
4 posts
Nomad

@aparaat if a quality game has additional content, that you can play to unlock, I'm more than happy to pay. i bought the premium edition of gemcraft labyrinth and have no problems with that. it's a great game without the premium content and the price was very reasonable.

ps- don't tell me what to do. i'm just as entitled to my opinion as you

Aparaat
Aparaat
15 posts
Scribe

Guess u didnt read what i wrote then Your 'PS' is in there. I just dont understand why play the game if u only find things to complain about.

Showing 106-120 of 340