Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

minecraft illegal download ( i might go to jail!!!! )

Thread Locked

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 10:24am

pizzaicecream653

pizzaicecream653

146 posts

i used to play minecraft classic but then it said that it was several years old and is no longer supported so i tried the full version demo but then it said that my video card drivers werent updated enough so i typed in google, " minecraft for free " and clicked on the link tryminecraftforfree.com and clicked play and download and then it came up with this fbi thing and locked my computer and said that i have to pay 200 bucks to unlock it and i have to pay some other fee within the next 48 hours ( this happened 24 hours ago ) or else the option to unlock my computer will expire and further law suits will be taken against me and my computer might be confiscated and i might go to jail for up to 3 years!!! what do i do???!!! help me!!!

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 10:30am

Graham

Graham

8,356 posts

That is a virus; not the FBI. As long as you are not in possession of stolen copyrighted materials, you're fine.

Restore your computer to an earlier date.

Posted Aug 14, '12 at 10:32am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/SheogorathTheMad/6dcb919b.jpg?t=1344874549
I've found this thread four times, in different forums. to see my post, use the Video Games one.