ForumsGamesSuper smash bros 4!Is it worth buying a wiiu for?

63 13445
Demongamer112
Demongamer112
6 posts
Nomad

I Im starting to think about buying a wiiu to play super smash bros 4.Now Im wondering is it worth buying a wiiu for.What do you think?

• 63 Replies
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I don't like to buy a console just for one game. If SSB4 is really that worth it. Then maybe.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

If they add in more fighters and improve the campaign

new fighters needed
knuckles
yarn kirby (with prince fluff as a color change)
maybe shadow

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Unless they make a deal, Knuckles and Shadow will not appear. And Kirby is there, so they probably and will not use Yarn Kirby.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

why not, they already have falco, and he is pretty much the same as fox. yarn kirby would be more different from kirby then falco is from fox.

p.s. why would they not want knuckles and shadow in the game, the metal gear solid company (konami, i think) begged to have snake, so i don't see why sega wouldn't let them use knuckles, shadow, and sonic (but not tails) in Super Smash Bros: Universe.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

i personally think tails would be more interesting then knuckles. and im pretty sure that what bluydee said means that they wouldnt give more then one slot to the same character. i personally dont think they will use another kirby (even though there are 2 links).

id be much more happy to see kumatora, duster or jeff as characters.

Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Because Sega didn't beg to have Sonic in the game.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Tails isn't a fighter, he is just a tech wizz, and yarn kirby would be more different from kirby then toon link is from link, so i don't see why they would object about the two characters being the same.

and bluydee, if they include more characters it will interest people in playing some of their games, thereby making them more money.

p.s. why is there so many characters for a spinoff but lower number of characters for the original? (mario vs donkey kong)

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

i personally think tails would be more interesting then knuckles. and im pretty sure that what bluydee said means that they wouldnt give more then one slot to the same character. i personally dont think they will use another kirby (even though there are 2 links).

I don't know. They had Mario and Dr. Mario too. Probably no yarn Kirby though.

Things I hope for in SSB4:

-NO TRIPPING, OR AT LEAST OPTIONAL !%!@$^!#@$

-Better stages. The ones in Brawl were okay but had a lot of annoying features...like at Sky Pillar it's always the same Pokemon that comes, or Hannenbow where you use an up+b to get back on, would make it, except the leaf moves up and so you fall.

-Change how fans work. It's stupid that some characters can give others 200+ damage with no way out.

-Remove/change final smashes. They currently are extremely unbalanced. Falco's is the most rigged in the game, easily able to kill multiple people twice, while Mario is lucky to do 20 damage with his.

-I want Megaman! Capcom would have to cooperate though, so I won't blame them if he's not there.

-Interactive terrain. I loved the pipes at the Secret Mushroom Kingdom in the first game, where they randomly moved you around the level, sometimes into the pit. More features like this would be very nice.

-Remove Jigglypuff already, jeez. She's a weak, slow kirby that kills herself using half her moves and shield.

-Make Ganondorf better. He's supposed to be the ultimate baddy in LoZ, not some old guy who moves at half a mile an hour and can't jump.

-Balance Pikachu's down+b. A wall of high impact lightning that starts 30 feet above him is OP and kills way too easily.

-Again with Falco, his reflector is OP. It trips opponents most of the time, knocks them back, reflects item from behind even if the reflector is currently out front, and activates instantly.

-Team healers need to go, or be changed. They're a stupid item. At the very least they should be self applicable by throwing downwards.

-Wario. How I hate him. Annoying, glitchy, runs like he only has 1 foot, stupid moves and horrible sounds for his moves. No more Wario, please!

-Assist trophies. WHO'S DUMB IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE A PUPPY BLOCK THE SCREEN, OR A MOLE THAT NEVER SHUTS UP IF SOME ONE HITS IT? The vampire guy is okay though. Tingle doesn't ever do anything really, aside from hammer spam, everyone trips all the time anyways.

-Poke balls. Seems to me like the pokemon this time around weren't very fun to get half the time. Most often it's either Torchic, Chikorita, or Wobbefett. Kyogre is OP.

I think that's all for now.
Bluydee
Bluydee
3,426 posts
Nomad

Balanced Brawl fixes all the problems you had, except for items.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Remove Jigglypuff already, jeez. She's a weak, slow kirby that kills herself using half her moves and shield.

i actually like jigglypuff

and i want mewtwo back.

Tails isn't a fighter,

and zelda, olimar and mister game and watch are?
AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

Tails isn't a fighter

Tails was never too much of a fighter in the series. His only power that I would find useful in Super Smash Bros is his ability to twirl his tail like a propeller. Unless Nintendo decides to nerf his flying abilities so he can't fly/glide longer. Masahiro Sakurai is the lead developer and said there is a possibility for a Capcom character.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

it's never worth do by a console for just 1 game.
befor you buy a console you should atleast have/know 5 or 10 games you want to play on it.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

btw why are you guys so hyped about the sonic characters?
and why don't i see the name dr.robotnik/eggman? he was my favorite character.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

btw why are you guys so hyped about the sonic characters?

i only care for tails and shadow when it comes to brawl.

and why don't i see the name dr.robotnik/eggman? he was my favorite character.

cant imagine him in brawl.

Tails was never too much of a fighter in the series. His only power that I would find useful in Super Smash Bros is his ability to twirl his tail like a propeller. Unless Nintendo decides to nerf his flying abilities so he can't fly/glide longer. Masahiro Sakurai is the lead developer and said there is a possibility for a Capcom character.

what about sonic battle? i think tails has a pretty good ptential for a character. and techincally in the old sonic games, tails could do pretty much anything sonic did except slower and the ability to fly.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

cant imagine him in brawl.

i can't imagine to have 5 sonic characters in the game.
1 maybe 2 is enoufg. want more? make a sonic brawl game.
there are hundreds of 8-bit and 16-bit characters i would like to see in that game.
why so many from sonic?
Showing 1-15 of 63