ForumsSupport ForumNew Comment Message

22 5332
snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

I think that there should be a little message that either pops up, or just shows up after you log in. That lets you know that someone has commented on your profile since your last log in. Because when you log in your still on the main page, and you don't know if someone has commented on your profile unless you go to your profile to check.

So what do you guys think?

~Snowman1474

• 22 Replies
snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

hmm... I guess so
Thanks for the feedback

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

agree with bigbowla. its pointless, sorry

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Well it's not the same but you know when you go to your Control Panel there's a little Drop Box that you can hit and it gives you the option to be notified to your email when a comment is left on your page.

Plus, it's a little pointless anyways to be notified for no reason at the start when you log in because you can just click your name and ta-daa, all your latest comments are right there =D

so it's kinda pointless in my opinion.

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

yeah, now that you guys have made me think about it, it really is pointless. Because you can click on your name on any page on the site. Now if you name wasn't on every page, then this would be a good idea... Like the message would link you to your profile I guess.

~Snowman1474

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Uh, we have E-mail. They send E-mails if you got comments on your Profile you check it up and don't be a lazy person. It takes like 2 seconds.

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

yeah, but E-mail you have to go to a whole different website. To check your e-mail, when you could just check it here... But yeah, I guess this topic is over since you guys have made your point. That there is really no reason to make that, since your profile link is on every page.

~Snowman1474

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

well i guess this would be locked now?

*ends discussion*

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

Yes its pointless it wouldn't waste anytime to just check your profile and even there was this thing you would still need to go to your profile tto type back!

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

You guys are being a bit rough on his idea. Snowman, I see what you are saying. It wouldn't hurt to have that as an option. Some forums have a pop-up notification when you receive the a PM. It is the same principle. I actually might use it myself if it were an option.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

You know what make this feature a lot better? Filtering! think about it this would help find messages from your actual friends not just spammers, or flamers for that matter.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Maybe... I was thinking it would only pop-up looking something like this:

| |
|__________________________|

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I don't think that will work so good

Example: Spammer can go on my profile and spams away.

Unless we can get rid of a lot of spammers, that system won't work so good. Maybe only friends comments will show up with You have BLANK new comment.

crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

Yes I like Asherlee's idea it was the best so far!

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

I agree with asherlee. I use the email notification, but I don't check it often. Also, If you're playing games or looking around the forum, why would you want to have to go check your page a lot to see if people have left you a comment? I would like a notifier to tell me when I have a comment.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

It isn't my idea, it is the topic-creator's idea. I am just making it clearer and showing how it would be actually pretty useful. I hate that so many poo-pooed the idea.

Showing 1-15 of 22