ForumsSupport Foruma way to solve some of the spam on ag (i dont know if some one all ready said this)

11 2367
charley123
charley123
173 posts
Nomad

ok so basically you know hoe there are how many armor points you have and comments you have submitted and forum posts just make a thing for how many DIFFERENT games you have played

it solves spam for not even playing the game and saying no goog i like it stuff like that.

• 11 Replies
charley123
charley123
173 posts
Nomad

ok so it will say like lets say you have played 10 difrent games on ag not like playing 10 games 10 times making it 100

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I think he means how many games you've played, like not the same exact one over and over again but different ones, however I don't see how that will solve spam...

unless you mean how long maybe(rating spam), or is this about commenting spam? either way I'm confused on your statement, more how it solves than stops.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

-sorry if this is a double post, I posted after he posted his response =o-

either way, I don't see how that stops spam, you don't get points for playing them, but you do for commenting, leading back to original post...

charley123
charley123
173 posts
Nomad

that is rite the 1st one you said

but the spam part is for you know how some ppl dont even play the game just comment to get armor points

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

How is this going to solve spam and I actually don't see what you mean either.

Girl_Power
Girl_Power
379 posts
Peasant

Sorry for double post.

Now I get you but I think it would help us with rating games more than commenting games because some users just go through games without playing them but if they played like 601 games and had 601 games rated that would be okay!

charley123
charley123
173 posts
Nomad

it makes it so ppl cant go and coment and say good bad not even playing the game

so it will say on there profile that they have played 10 games commented 100 times do you get it now?

-charley123

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Oh so it is commenting spam you're talking about, okay.

The only problem is, there's something called "Evil Profile Comments", they mix in with the Game Comments, and both can be used for spam. So either way, it doesn't really work, it may help a little, and I have recently assumed the Mods can see the seperation of Prof. and Game Comments, but still, it just doesn't really help, as far as I can tell.

Now something that tells how many times you posted on a single game, well that just flat out gives you 'spam' or 'no spam' pretty much, unless they're all just 'trying for the merit' comments...then that don't help.

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

Tagging along with Raptor, this only solve 1 type of spam. People spam in the forums and on profiles, so itwould help a little, but I don't think it would make a huge difference.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

ok i understand, it shows how much u played of a game. if u only played once it shows u are spamming. but how will that be shown on ur profile for EVERY GAME?

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

@Bigbowla
Maybe, but just because you're rated 803 games, doesn't mean you've played and commented 803 games.

Showing 1-11 of 11